The Ninja Forum
Zim

Tavern Inspiration

So for those who don't know the tavy is pretty much rarely used or plain dead. So I've come up with a nice little thing that could be fun which is introducing titles/cosmetics in the tavy. An example would be someone always talking in all caps would get a title called "loud mouth". Another could be someone always answering a persons questions for a new player and they would get a title called "Seichis Helper". This could be a nice way to spice up the tavy so drop your comments cough positive comments only and tell me what you think :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I like this suggestion by Zim... Tavy needs a bit more love for better activity... Also, It would be nice if tavern name colour for gold/silver fed users could be changed a bit because right now it is a pain to look at 

• Haha 1

I agree with this suggestion. As it might even help the game become more active. if there is a beginner or new player join the game and looking for help, they would definitely ask the questions around in-game chat first and if they see the last chat posted was a week ago, all people would assume this game is dead already and will quit. So, we should make some changes for players willing to become active again in Tavy. could even do "like" system in tavy and the one who get the most like after a month, award 1 repu point.

That would also be nice as well. A like system has a lot of potential even more so if you add in a neutral and dislike option. As for the fed colors I agree that the glows can be irritating in general/ even more so on mobile along with certain layouts. An example would be gold on light layout. While I have gotten adjusted to seeing it by force the gold and silver could be changed. What it would be changed to is the question because when I first see blue fed I honestly expect yellow and then red because these three colors are like a trio. So maybe the two can be changed to yellow and red but I'm not sure if the yellow would be worse or the same as gold/silver tbh. Lastly I think more layout themes could help with this but as to what themes it could really just be simple but cool ones.

2 hours ago, The Invader said:

That would also be nice as well. A like system has a lot of potential even more so if you add in a neutral and dislike option. As for the fed colors I agree that the glows can be irritating in general/ even more so on mobile along with certain layouts. An example would be gold on light layout. While I have gotten adjusted to seeing it by force the gold and silver could be changed. What it would be changed to is the question because when I first see blue fed I honestly expect yellow and then red because these three colors are like a trio. So maybe the two can be changed to yellow and red but I'm not sure if the yellow would be worse or the same as gold/silver tbh. Lastly I think more layout themes could help with this but as to what themes it could really just be simple but cool ones.

Red is reserved for Admins though, so exactly this is not possible to happen. Also layouts are customizable (colour wise) - just if you didn't know.

I'm impressed, Zim. And this impression is thankfully overulling the disappointment that your name is The Invader. 

Also please don't spam in caps, it's actually considered spam/anti-social behaviour, don't do it for the vine, erm, title.

• Like 1

I would say the idea is a great suggestion. Adding this will encourage new players to come out more as most of them are just shy. This nudges them into the tavern or make contact with their fellow villagers with the hopes of making a potential ally or friend.

• Haha 1

I don't think taverns will ever become alive again. Discord is just way more convinient to use and the two biggest reasons for that are the following:
- You can use it at any time regardless of your village, current position or activity in-game.
- The compressed format of channels allow a Discord server to work both as a convinient communication hub and a manual.

But I also see a real problem with the suggestion, namely automation.
You can't automate something like "Seichis Helper" as it entirely relies on user feedback. Someone asks a question in the tavy and someone else answers, how that will be registered? Unless someone with authority is always around to remember the helpful players and manually give them the title, this system won't work.
On the other hand anything that could be automated would most likely result in spam as the completionists would want to get the title as soon as possible. Then proceed to ignore the tavern as before.

• Like 1

We could rely on the players and build campaigns on encouraging tavern participation. Nothing will beat discords, there's no argue in that, however unless we can actually do something about it, we can as of now, trust the playerbase in at least sparking a conversation. 

It's a two-way effort, we can't do much without the players. Now it's discord, however before it was skype, so there will always be some kind of off-game communication. 

Overall, tavern posting is a long dead habit, which would be great if brought back. 

P.S - I have also seen people talking about this post in discord servers. It'd be great to give your points here so everyone can see them, as it's a shame that a lot of interesting ideas have been burried by other flows of conversation. 

If you are being active in tavern direct new players to the discord as well. 

I agree with Aelin, we can´t defeat discord, but there is sure something we can do to make the situation better.  Before discord there was skype, msn, chatzy and private forums, still tavy was alive. Was. 
Now is a sad place, and it's such a pity, whenever a new player joins and ask for advice or seeks conversation in tavy, the picture he/she finds is terrible. This increases (a lot) the chances of new people quitting. Of course Im not saying people only quit because tavy is dead, but i think we all agree social activity plays an important role to engage people to stay. And we all would love to have more players, wouldn´t we?

I think anything that encourages people to keep interacting in tavern will be good, and not only would make our social experience better, but will also help the game in other ways. 

I can confirm that the main reason I didn't play in core 2 for more than a week is cause I never participated in tevern activity or at all talked to anyone. Back then tavern was full, so it was really my decision but I still missed to social aspect - I was socially awkward af. When I came back to core 3 and I started participating in tavern activity, that's when my interest was sparked to actually stay in the game. 

We are not saying shut down discord, don't talk anywhere but tavern - not in a million years, but do remember that we heavily rely on your initiative and activity, especially when most of staff are busy with essential features of the game and can't turn their attention to this issue as of the moment. Until they can, why not lay down the foundation and get more active on there? 

As always, we encourage any ideas you have to be expressed in an elaborated and objective way, however if you do have a suggestion on tavern specifically, post it here and I can guarantee I will revisit it every now and then and update staff :). 

I want to bring back an old suggestion I made for core 2.5. 
I think at this point of the game this could be valid and interesting again. I link the original post here.

We want Global tavern! 

Newbies would def have more questiond answered! 

Also one of the things it would help tavy so much is if it had notifications and mentions. Sometimes is not that we don't want to talk in tavy, but we go there and type, wait for an answer, go do another thing and we forget, maybe that one person we wanted to talk with replied, but it pass unnoticed until we remember to check tavy again. If I had a notification when someone mention me in tavern, would surely drag me back into the tavern, and make conversations more fluid. 
I'm not sure how hard is to implement something like that tho, TNR system is a bit of a puzzle. 

We have this idea of awarding people badge's, depending on the number of total posts they make on tavern. A thousand, 2k, 5k, etc. We're not entirely sure if it's feasible since it would need a counter for that somewhere and it may be too much info, idk.

But yeah, the game's activity is directly tied to tavern activity, I'd say. Do you guys have suggestions to actually improve the tavern's system? The ping thing might be a good idea. What else could be done to make it more attractive and easy to use? 

Global tavern just might be a thing to save us all D: Despite having been furiously bashed in the past.

• Like 2

As I am an optimist, I'd love to have both global and local tavern. (2 tabs basically? like the map choice).

Hopefully one day we reach like a 150 online user count (hey we reached 75, I am onto something) and people can keep their village anonymity + also communicate with everyone in game.

I hear emojis aren't a thing anymore and while I sincerely don't care, other people do like having them - so bring that up as well maybe?

I agree with aelin, if a global tavern was a thing i would still like to have my village tavy so we can talk about our konoki secret recipes. I also agree about the emojis and the ping/notification. Maybe also:

-Thumbs up/down for posts

- Custom emojis x village, to upgrade by the kage in exchange of vf. Up to 5? and only published after moderation review.

- Kawaii icons to display beside your name, maybe your fav badge when implemented?

- audio notifications?

• Like 1