The Ninja Forum
Aelin

Social History of TNR

Hey guys, forum is up again (for now)! 

Social thread at the time was one of the most active threads on here (besides bug reports). Unfortunately, due to issues, we had to bury this place for a while, but I'm pretty glad the OG forum is back as the temporary one is hella ugly (sorry Koala). Anyway, let's get to the point. It's been some time since we've had our community gather here to joke/vent/troll (I don't encourage the troll part). Most of you are older while some have found an elixir for eternal youth and all that. But after all, we've all had our share of social interractions here and in game. 

In a desperate attempt to make you guys talk here and in game (tavern), I'd like you to scratch them pretty brains of yours and think of something on TNR that made you chuckle, laugh, even rage? I don't recommend rage.

Remember TNR news? I sure do. I loved writing those weird things happening in the village I'd be based in. Loved asking forcing  others to keep their own village paper updated as well. Needless to say we do have TNR News Legends such as teni, Arphee and Rakusai (MarkedOne, you were hilarious.).

For our Konoki based players, did you know there used to be a player who'd post actual stories upon request in the tavern? It was a pretty unique feature to the village.

So which one was your favourite thread, favourite snipe, favourite war win (or loss) or just a moment that you were impressed by? We've also had our share of TNR memes, so there's that.

To the older players, now's your time to shine with the "Back in our days..." piece of gem, so get cracking.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Back in our days Terr used to change my username to baby bear and change the color of the letters to mess with shinies. Terr also did the same thing to me with his Beach rpg project but there he changed my username to baby bitch. Those were the days hahaha

• Like 1

Oh my god this is hilarious :D Are you saying you were the OG rainbow name-bearer? (pun not intended)

Back in our days, hardcore players would set up alarms in their phones every 3 hours to do surgery, day and night, even interrupting their rl sleep. And clan race to the top was serious stuff. Was hard back then.
I miss some old peeps, like sageninja619, keyla(ofc), kuroshigure, mikaela, 35746 ... Others are still around like koro, aiyume, alba, izame, kiira... And awesome new ones like Reizen:wub:, Khione, Phyre, Liko, Aelin, Blonk (:P) .... And I'm sorry If I can't name you all but that's just prove of how great the social is in this game. 

• Haha 2

We don't deserve Kii, for sure. One can't be such a sunshine that has a serious talent for writing about monsters :P . Back when I started, Silencers were crazy with them alarms, it was so funny :lol:

It's pretty sad there have been so many people we'd casually talk to but I just don't remember much :( Community in this game sure is something special (in a positive way of course :D )

I remember back in the day where I was forced "asked" by the lovely Aelin to write articles for the Konoki paper thing. She would always double-check and my stuff and then throw it into my face and say not good enough as if she was like Jonah Jameson. (She didn't really say it wasn't good enough. It was good enough. Lolz)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Reaper said:

I remember back in the day where I was forced "asked" by the lovely Aelin to write articles for the Konoki paper thing. She would always double-check and my stuff and then throw it into my face and say not good enough as if she was like Jonah Jameson. (She didn't really say it wasn't good enough. It was good enough. Lolz)

It won't be me if I don't force you to reach your full potential :wub:

This goes way back, but I remembered when I got the ban hammer for something I didn't do. A guy got mad at one of my friends for killing him so much to the point he reported me and a bunch of others associated to my friend for account sharing. I was banned for like a week. It was a great vacation though. Lmfao

God dang, that must have been annoying to deal with.

22 minutes ago, Reaper said:

This goes way back, but I remembered when I got the ban hammer for something I didn't do. A guy got mad at one of my friends for killing him so much to the point he reported me and a bunch of others associated to my friend for account sharing. I was banned for like a week. It was a great vacation though. Lmfao

23 hours ago, Aelin said:

Oh my god this is hilarious :D Are you saying you were the OG rainbow name-bearer? (pun not intended)

Probably not the OG but definitely was in that timeline of them,

PART I.

Back in my day, Shine was a deserted desert and where all retiring OP players are going as their retirement home! (can you believe that?! the blaspheme! blaspheme!!!) 

I was a Silence native and part of the COMS gang (Arphee, Tristin, LadyofFaith, Sheele, and our great leader Halcyon. I know I am missing some people, my sincere apologies), but I got tired of Silence's perviness so I went Shine. LOL. Jk. I left because I wanted to be the number one village healer, but I cant compete with Tristin and other Silence healers, so I went to Shine...  

With a girl. I forgets her name, but she raids quits. Oh well.

So I started the "Revive Shine Project". Its simple 4 things: make a new brand for Shine, gather all the Shineys, spark some hope with them, and then go to war. 

1.) In making a new brand for Shine, I opted to revive the Shine Sandworm for brain-washing marketing purposes. NeferiousKid stopped posting news for almost a year and I was really nervous asking Alba for the writing rights. She readily agreed, probably thinking, "this one weird guy wanted to write for Shine? Good luck with that!".

After acquiring the writing rights, I tried referring Shine ninjas as "Solarians", because a change of name is one of oldest trick in the book to set the pace of change of brand. With a "Solar" in it, infinite energy and activity was associated with it......but it didn't stick. It was ridiculous. That's one of things in life that you got to accept that brilliant ideas might not be right thing for that particular moment. oh well. 

But I still continued the Shine Sandworm, handing out shoutouts, improving content, setting up a template.... until Teni came, the best Shine Sandworm writer. But that's another story. LOL    

2.)  In gathering Shineys, we nurture young and highly talented newbies with strong potential (teni, ven, kenshin, xaki, vestige, menace, troyce, epo,  and others), improving the few people who did actually stayed (CrimsonNinja, Universe, LonelyShadow, Supercell and KuyaScorp), pooching some people here and there (Ishmira, Slayerv121, Silvess ReploidZero etc), and targeted old OP retired guys (Hyuu, Nellis, Koro, Zelso, Baam, Jojo, Chrom, Omura, etc... The core we have is a potential powerhouse that can contend with other villages, except Samui. They are too OP back then).

GOD! It was really hard, especially convincing the old guys to return. It was like courting a girl to become your girlfriend. It was never easy. Especially Nellis. He rarely talks. I mean I know he reads, but he's like a moody cat. He's one interesting guy, though. 

Fun fact, Pana is also a Shiney. There was this legend that all Shineys are Pana's kids. Yep, Big Poppa Pana with his big motor bike and dragon tattoos is the father of Shine. He denies this, though. We gotta talk to Keyla for this. Kek.

Whiskers is our cat. Konoki may have a crap ton of RPing cats, but Shine only have one cat.... 

3.) Hope. Yep, selling hope is both the easiest and the most cumbersome. Its easy because you're selling something intangible, but sounds important. Most cumbersome because everyday you got to have fresh ideas, get yourself motivated and believe the hope itself...

4.) and.... WARZ!!! damn! It was hot! 

I remember our winning rate is as horrible as the Starwars Solo movie (oh don't you dare start with me), but hey, everything can be answered by warring.
GF broke up with you? go to war!
Nellis returned to Shine? go to war!
Universe got bored with some Spanish drama series? go to war!

WAR! WAR! WAR!

All of these aligns greatly to my plan of world domination the Revive Shine Project. 

Anyway, I will try to continue and elaborate things on my Part II. I'd probably make 69 parts of these, so...

69 parts is a good number, I approve.

Come back and drag old solarians back too? Please? Yeah? Good.

• Like 1

Back when war is still a thing, I think the village I helped out the most was Shine. I don't remember much, but I think I was angry at Konoki for something and that is why I went to Shine before that war started between the two villages. I was a little shet back then, but I still am. I still could be after changing my status to semi-retirement. Thanks a lot, Aelin.

• Like 1

TNr moments eh? I'd probably say the day kal got phaze to start that samui war and bailed right before it along with the ol classic pana "no. Thread closed" even today that crap is still funny especially when the person typed up so many good points and or a long asf post actually expecting it to be read or considered. Another moment would be this screenshot I saw of authiel saying something along "im your parent" type comment to nellis by pms and mans responded with something like "I'm a grown man" lol.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Invader said:

TNr moments eh? I'd probably say the day kal got phaze to start that samui war and bailed right before it along with the ol classic pana "no. Thread closed" even today that crap is still funny especially when the person typed up so many good points and or a long asf post actually expecting it to be read or considered. Another moment would be this screenshot I saw of authiel saying something along "im your parent" type comment to nellis by pms and mans responded with something like "I'm a grown man" lol.

I will literally give you a life if you find that screenshot mate. I need this screenshot. I NEED IT!

Sadly I won't be getting that life as authiel left the discord and apparently the person has to be in there to search up anything by them. Another great screenshot lost to the enemy known as time.

On 11/5/2019 at 11:22 AM, Aelin said:

It's not my fault that I motivate you.

Not my fault that you have a great charismatic and uplifting personality. 

• Like 2

Part II.

Back in my day, Shine was a deserted desert and where all retiring OP players are going as their retirement home! (can you believe that?! the blaspheme! blaspheme!!!) 

I forgot to mention "Lucy". In the early days of the Revive Shine Project, she was a one-girl wrecking chu~chu raiding for Shine and snipping with Suigetsu (another missed mention on my part. My bad). She's the main reason why we ended up getting the OP ReploidZero to join Shine, and almost getting Ryuk from Konoki (well, that's another story). I cant really thank her enough.

Ah yes... the ever famous Shine WARZ!

Whether the early return of the wars (Konoki war, coz why not?), Shroud war (Well, there's Phaze so...), Samui against the World Chain War (Wished I can elaborate by posting skype screenshots of message exchanges, but I would probably not. Out of respect of the Kira and Ishmira), Silence war (which eventually giving us a crap ton broken bones and layers of eyebugs, but it ended up with Nexilus leaving Silence after the war so....) etc., it was awesome! 

It was pretty much exhilarating! Each and every wars we take have a legend of its own. You can even see the pieces of it from the Shine Sandworm. LOL. Free Promotions.

I remember Nellis scolding us not to press the war button every three weeks. He said something like, "LEAVE ME ALONE!" or something. He's such a Tsun~Tsun.

But worse of all, Big Poppa Pana keeps on not acknowledging Shine as his favorite village! At least we have ALBA. He's such a Tsun~Tsun. So sad. So sad.

Part III will probably less rumbling and more story telling with uncle Raku.  <3 <3 <3

Edited by Rakusai
Proof reading
  • Like 1