The Ninja Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SybiaNk

V-Rank Bloodlines and Elemental Weaknesses

I would like to be clarified about how does bloodline weaknesses works? 

Until today i have known as bloodline weaknesses were based on their elemental affinities for example 

Vaporia
Primary affinity: Water
Secondary affinity: Fire
Special affinity: Steam

Water is weak to earth and fire is weak to water , Which makes Vaporia users weak to Earth and water based on their elemental affinities since their elements are not changable.

But i have been told that Vaporia bloodline alone is weak to Water and Earth because it gets Fire and Water boosts.

So lets say we have a V-Rank bloodline. 

Infernal Reaper
Village: Shine
Primary affinity: Fire
Secondary affinity: None
Special affinity: None

Infernal Reaper has only Fire boost  so according to what i have been told it is only weak to fire no matter what it has as secondary element.  

This is where i want to be clarified , if this infernal reaper user had a lightning secondary ; would that made the user weak to wind by passive or this  V-bloodline user will be only weak to Water since this bloodline only gets fire boost?

Yes the IR will be weak to Wind also

It does get a weakness, as Koro said, because of affinity, which exists in all characters. The secondary element doesn't get a boosted strength though, so it doesn't get a boosted weakness either. Thus the wind weakness for a fire/lightning IR is lesser than their water one.

There are 2 boosts.
A: Affinities. This is present in -everyone- in the game who has an Element. It gives +5% damage for your element and +5% damage taken from the element's assigned weakness. (IE Fire boosts fire, weak to water)
B: Bloodlines. This is on top of your elements. If a bloodline boosts only 1 element (V-ranks) than the secondary element will be as stated in boost-A and in no way affected by your bloodline.

Sign in to follow this