The Ninja Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pana

[Mobile] Feedback

So, as most will know by now, Terriator has been working on a TNR app. While this is progressing nicely, there is always room for improvement.

That's what this thread is for.

• What works nicely, but could use improvement.
  • What would you like to see to make the app more viable.
  • Constructive criticism for us to improve the App with.

What this thread is NOT for:

• Compatibility issues
  • Bugs
  • Any other Problems with the app.
    • The above should go to the Bug report.
    • Keep in mind the app is not finished! While a good step into the right direction there is still optimizing and bug-fixing to be done. We know this and Terr is working on this.

Haven't used the app a lot yet but I think an option to move(maybe drag) the sleep, combat and movement widgets would be really useful and would make it more comfortable.

I wouldn't want it to be too easy to move them around though. Maybe click and hold for 3 seconds, then the widget can move. If it's too easy to move it, then I'll end up moving the widgets all over when I mean to travel or sleep. xD 

• The load times are still much slower than the load times on the PC, but that's expected.
  • Run-and-gun sort of raiding is nice on the app because of the persistent combat page, so that's good.
  • Scrolling horizontally and vertically is reeeeally slow. If you have a lot of jutsus, go to the My Jutsu page and try to navigate around it a bit; it's really slow. 
  • The tavern (or any chat) and nindo pages still do not mirror what you see on a browser. The formatting is different (line breaks especially) and the symbols are not showing up on the app as they do on the browser. Also, any links posted in the taverns are completely blank posts on the app.
  • Like 1

Crafting screen is very clunky. Please remove the big blue "Quit Job" button from the bottom of the screen. I can't imagine anyone in the middle of crafting something will randomly decide to quit their job, and it's kinda scary having it there to misclick.

Also seems like the tavern doesn't auto refresh like it does in the browser.

There's no indication that you've received a new PM, which is usually the only reason you check your inbox.

Edited by Ven

I would like to see an alternate "raiding" layout, or some sort of mobile light layout. One criticism I've seen a lot is that it's slow, and still can't compare to PC raiding and using tools like the rage bar.
A minimal page that gives you the most pertinent information/links you need for raiding that loads quickly would be useful.

While the widgets are a great step in the right direction and so far are really useful for gameplay, depending on phone size or other factors, the direction buttons can still be rather small and it's easy to miss click.
Think of how windows and other mobile OSs has been designing their OS for mobile use with the large buttons for ease of use compared to older OSs as an example.

And I agree with Slayze on the side scrolling, since I have attempted to train my jutsu as well and ran into the same issue.

I'd really like if the training sliders snapped to nice values as well.

Currently it's impossible to train exactly 10000 or 20000 because the slider is so sensitive and does not snap to nice values. This messes up my pretty numbers and makes me log in on a mobile browser instead of the app to train. D:

In my opinion we could have instead of a widget you can move by sliding the page to a direction, just an idea though... another thing is getting missions is more difficult on the app if your not used to it so maybe have a missions widget? also widgets to rob and scout could be usefull

Edited by Rauf543

I tried using the app a bit and I liked quite a few of the functions (having the rough equivalent of the default theme's quick travel through use of the move widget, for one), though think some things like the page you see when you have accepted a mission need some retooling, as it took me a few seconds staring at a text wall to go ''Oh. Ooooh, this is Pyra, okay,'' instead of instantly recognizing it thanks to the mission description flooding the page. (seriously, it's kinda big)

A mission-shortcut command that accepts the highest ranking mission you can take on (and skip the ''I'm ready" part) would definitely be nice, though don't know if it really needs to be a widget or just a macro command in the training menu itself to replace the Mission-X commands. (should probably have a toggle on/off in preferences with it being off by default if that's the case; wouldn't it be fun to be a speedrun Chuunin and find yourself unable to handle C-Missions at all!)

Is there any way to make a persistent player hud similar to how it's done in the default layout for the main site? (Something that constantly displays HP, CP, SP, position, etc.) That might be a nice touch, if there's any possible room for it, though where you might squeeze it in is beyond me; you have the top and the bottom filled up with menu-relevant stuff.

Lastly, uh...

Is there a point to the ninja with the scroll graphic in the top right of my profile screen? It just kinda seems to be just...there. I thought maybe it was because I was level-holding (for double gains. Ya know, usual reasons), but it stuck around even after I used a level up. I suppose this might be the wrong place to ask about it, but I just don't know why it's there...

That ninja with a scroll indicates you have an Active entry in your logbook.

Hello, Im sorry if this post is quite short but im just posting some info I got from skype from a  friend.

He says: "The app works quite well and while im using wifi the connection is fast but at the same time if I use 3g or LTE it takes some seconds where the app says connecting to server... now thats my fault.

As you know ive been mining a bit on it and trying to rob but there is no rob widget which could be a great addon for outlaws.

Also as my phone is quite small in size, when im in the rob or attack page I need to scroll to the sides with my finger to get to the rob link (or button in this case)"

I translated from spanish as better as I could, he has 0 english so thats why im posting.

Ive been using the app for a few days now and thought i'd chuck in my opinions

Aesthetics

Now i imagine this will be up for change anyway but after the beautiful intro screen i feel the main app is a little.... ugly. The tabs very much feel like placeholders and need to be more 'ninja-ee'

Widgets

The widgets are nice but i agree with the above being able to move them would be nice as i find they get in the way of the sliders when training

Notifications

The chakra and stamina notifications are great! Can we get notifications for missions too?

Speed

As it stands the app is too slow to any raiding, a point I will come onto later.

Battle UI

Its a bit messy atm.

IDEAS!

There needs to be a way to reactivate missions/quests as you cant currently

I feel some additional features that can be toggled on and off to help with data usage (auto refreshing combat page and tavern spring to mind)

I think if the app is going to work then it really needs to be an all in thing. In my opinion browser based games that actually live on the internet are becoming a rare and fairly outdated thing. Especially with a game like TNR that has has a lot of the desirable Free 2 Play elements it would make sense for the game to shift to an application that can be played on mobile, tablet or computer. There needs to be a level playing field but as it stands PC players get a massive boost due to rage bars etc. If everyone was using the same app people arent going to be put off by 'jammy pc players' etc. A level playing field gives the greater potential of player retention as well as the fact it would be multi platform meaning its accessible to more people.

I love the app.

My biggest issues are these however.

1. The scrolling issue that Slayze and Teni pointed out are still there. Trying to scroll in a couple of places is a pain in the ass. Suuuuper slow.

2. You can't click and see players' profiles when in battle. So if I'm fighting someone, clicking on their name or avy doesn't take me to their profile or anything. (Am I missing something?)

3. I don't see elemental mission activation links anywhere. And that's with an extremely cluttered page mixed with the super slow scrolling when trying to navigate there.

I think the phone notifications are the best feature within the app. (The full pool ones)

I actually hope we can get more phone notifications from the game. Like global messages, war declarations, territory battle declarations, and elemental mastery reset notification, etc.

And if people want to control or limit these notifications, you can give user's the option to control what gets notified through user preferences.

Crafting profession list is extremely cluttered as well. It would look nicer if you had drop down lists like in the my jutsu page where you can categorise crafts through ranks.

That's my two cents for now. Good job. ^_^

would love to have easy scout and occupation quick menu for medical ninja to use.

also scout quick menu is nice for gathering using app

Despite what was already said and bugs that are needing solutions, the app seems to be doing very very well, i have no much issues to say here, but i will still point out the main issues i have (Repeated from above or not); Higher priorities i would have will be the first ones, lower priorities the last ones:

1 - Combat page:

I think the app should receive more colors to show if someone is an enemy, neutral or ally. I really missed many kills due to that, also died many times, also attacked many people above me... It seems kinda confusing, but i loved that you can move while at combat page. This balances the level between mobile and PC.

(I disagree with auto page refresh as this would make it unbalanced).

2 - Widgets:

I know their location is at right side because most people's main hand is the tight. But sometimes they make problems for you, not allowing to click something. Maybe being able to move them (as stated above) would be nice. Also, the move widget together with combat widget at same location forces you to only use one hand, what slows you down.

3 - AIs:

Not really a big problem, but there should be a place for nin/gen users to change main attack to chakra attack. Killing AIs takes a lot of pools to be used with jutsus, and jutsus are located above normal attacks on app. So would make you too slow to use chakra attacks.

4 - BBCodes:

I see most BBCodes not being interpretated on the APP, what makes some nindos/messages very confusing.

5 - Jutsu Descriptions:

Missing jutsu costs, some jutsu information. Not really too important.

5 - Change logs:

Cannot see changelogs.

About raiding performance on app currently:

I have been raiding okayish, the only problems are stated above and the bugs i reported. Also, some lags (But i think it's server sided, as i sometimes see higher numbers on server load time at PC)

:)