The Ninja Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vestige

[High] Mobile users experiencing heavy lag on the travel page after the tooltip update

Username:

Priority: High

Bug's Effects:

The new tooltip map update is causing a few mobile users to lag heavily on the travel page, making movement stutter stepping and slow to the point of taking 2-4 minutes to make it across the map.

How the bug happened/how to reproduce:

Travel on mobile and the amount of assets being loaded on the travel page seem to bogs down your phone.

Happens on Light layout as well as Default and seems to do it in every browser.

An option to turn off the map tooltips and just make it go back to a static image would be nice. until then can't exactly play the game with it like that.

Edited by Vestige

It has been lagging my Opera too, and only on travel page (not on profile for example).

With Chrome it isn't lagging as much as in Opera, but it lags too.

And i have been noticing that sometimes it appears that i am doing things too fast, while i am doing slower than i used yesterday xD

I have tried blocking the map with an adblock filter, but helps nothing. Also it wasn't appearing anything for me (But when i click, a square of the map stays contourned with blue). Also tried to see if it was something with ragebars, tried without it, tried removing any kinds of Adblocks/scriptblocks and others, clearing cache and cookies, but nothing helps.

Also, a good idea too would be to remove this function in light layout (If it makes the page heavier, it isn't supposed to be on light layout. Light layout has the idea of less functions/visual goods for more performance.

Addition: Forgot to say that some requests (Made with ragebar) aren't being processed (near sure that is due to that lag) like, if i go 23.4 and go 22.4, sometimes it won't work and i will stay at 23.4 even with the request.

Addition²: I am on PC

Edited by Ronkiro

Should be better now? Tooltips have been removed from mobile and light, and also the data is now saved in cache, so that it's not re-computed on every pageload.

Should be better now? Tooltips have been removed from mobile and light, and also the data is now saved in cache, so that it's not re-computed on every pageload.

Yeah it is very better now! :D Thanks Terr