The Ninja Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheGreatEater

Demonstrate Your Might [Taijutsu C rank] [4.0 Version]

Name Demonstrate Your Might  [DYM]
Rank: C | Cast Time: Long | Range: Melee | Requirements: Reitekiken Skill | Duration: Maintainable
Description: The user fills their body with chakra, and connects to an object either by physical contact or attached with a wire / rope / cord. The user then after their chakra connects with the object is able to lift, push, or pull said object. Although they can only do one C rank spent, and moves at half their normal walking speed. This utility Jutsu allows one to move 1 metric tonne of weight.

Although they are unable to wield it. If they push / pull it, it stops moving once the object leaves their hands. And if Lifted, they can only control which angle it drops in, but has no control once it drops. 

Owner: Amidasu Clan

Edited by TheGreatEater

I actually wanted to address this one since the original always bothered me.

A Long Cast Time is a lot faster than the 3.0 version, perfectly usable in combat. That said I'm okay with that, but I feel that 20x the user's mass is more appropriate at C Rank; 50 was a bit much. This will still let you lift weights of over a ton and now you can do so in a practical timeframe.

I was never comfortable with the excessive charge time on the original anyway, those kinds of restrictions always feel like something ridiculous is trying to be snuck past. With 4.0 I want to do away with that sort of thing and make everything balanced for its rank without crazy restrictions, and after some thought this isn't too bad so long as it's used as intended.

Edited by RyouKachi

Actually I had 50X Since while Master Tu's weight is never mentioned anywhere online. I put a guesstimate of 180 lbs, and the plane he moved was 8,000 lbs. Which actually ends up being 44 .44r times. But 50 was a more easier round up and to do math with (as well as makes a bit of sense, since very few ninja are going to use hooks in their eye lids, or rope around their dangly bits to move stuff. Thus a bit more security and substance to move stuff.)

That and at S rank I was going to get to move houses / Titanic Objects worth of weight. 

But yeah, if used 'as intended', and people play the speed debuff properly [1/2 walking speed is capped speed]. What would be a good / fair Progression from C - S? 

The plane moving is fine, but it seems excessive for a C Rank. However you cut it about him not being an athlete and the 'power of chi', what that guy does is not normal.

Now as to a progression. Since you want to lift houses as an end goal this makes quantifying lifting strength a bit tricky, seeing as C Rank gives you a tonne but a house might weigh hundreds of tonnes. You could try giving rough values like "can lift a boulder" or "can lift an elephant" but when even an elephant is 'only' 5 tonnes that leaves little to progress from.

This is as reasonable as I can make it.

C: 1 tonne

B: 5 tonnes

A: 20 tonnes

S: 100 tonnes

Note: I am using metric tonnes.

Ha! Yeah, what he and his students do definitely isn't normal. Heck there's a power of chi thing where people take sharp spears to the throat and get hit with blunt objects (on Fight Science was measured at a max of 2,900 lbs of force to his throat) with only a small dent. So yeah those peeps really do take 'super human feats' to a whole new level XD. Heck that one Chinese family demonstration that I had up that one time had things that were B - S Rank jutsu through out most of their demonstration. 

Heck it takes the worlds strongest man a full back harness, and massive old guy muscles to move 188 metric tone plane 28 ft. But even that was ridiculous compared to what normal peeps are capable of XD. Or even most Strong Men, 

So yeah, I can totally do C - A as is. With "can move a house's worth of weight" as an S. Especially since a house is roughly 200 lbs / square feet. With a 3 story being about 1.11 millions square pounds [503 metric tons] or 168 metric tons [for a single story]. As for rough values. 

As for A rank, what about "can move ship's worth of weight"? [Just thought about that one when Keven Fast talked about pulling a ship into the docks in the link above]. 

But C and B being 1 and 5 tonnes sounds like good strong man basics. 

Bump. 

But yeah, It's funny that there's a huge gap between Peak Human, and IRL Super Human XD. Although that does make me grin a little that there are Elite Jounin strengthed peeps who can train to literally do things that are considered S rank or beyond in IRL (like the above link's Strongest Man). Even things that are considered B-A rank Jutsu a small group of peeps can pull off (like the people who break steel plates / solid rock with their bodies).

Edited by TheGreatEater

Just stick with the given weights, otherwise we'll start running into arguments as to what kind of ship and what not.

Approved.