The Ninja Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheGreatEater

[Clan Fighting Style] Reitekiken: Chikei [4.0 version]

Reitekiken: Chikei 
Rank: D | Cast Time: Short | Range: Melee | Requirements: Reitekiken Skill | Duration: none
Description: A type of Fyuuken [Gentle Fist]. In this Form the user internally infuses a ball of chakra within the body with their physical strength, then channels it through a melee action (non-projectile weapons). Upon contact with the opponent the discharge grants a knockback, hurling the opponent a distance away. With users with great skill in strength, and higher ranks dealing greater knockback distance.

With appropriate Jutsu Apps the chakra knockback can be infused with Elemental Damage, or the knockback effect can be altered.

Owner: Amidasu Clan

Edited by TheGreatEater

The way this is written it's not clear whether it's just a pushing attack or a buff.

As an attack it wouldn't need a Duration, as a buff it would have a longer cast time and have Duration: Maintained. Personally an attack makes more sense to me, but I've approved it as a buff in the past so w/e..

The underlined section is unneeded, any upgrades can be addressed when they are made. Unless this is going to lead to something potentially dodgy, in which case yes do be upfront about it.

Oh and, minor nitpick, the format is slightly off, you don't have to write Name: Reitekiken: Chikei, just Reitekiken: Chikei.

Edited by RyouKachi

Technically it's an attack. In that a single action is taken [D rank jutsu spend (min)], and a discharge of physical chakra happens that does knockback when it hits something. 

I put down buff since in the original app. You stated that I should put it down as a knockback buff, so I just moved that over here. 

As for dodgy. I don't personally know if it'd be considered dodgy, but my only alteration to the knockback would be "Raijin" type attacks. Which are C rank min, and a few planned ones (in my head atm) convert the discharge to a piercing discharge, similar in nature to weapon / cutting mimicking / using Jutsu. But I just thought I'd have it up as a just in case so that it'd be upfront about it as a just-in-case type of deal.