The Ninja Forum
Pana

Dev Q&A

I agree with more ninja participating but what about the newbies? they'll die alot more if they have to wake up to do anything and everything

There's a reason to have medics in villages, plus that's the game dynamic. If they don't want to get into the hospital they can stop playing.

• Like 1

Will the manual be updated to include the newly released justu information? Feel like if done right, that could be a huge helping tool in keeping new members informed on how the game is played, and will allow them to focus training on how they want to play. 

EDIT:

http://www.theninja-forum.com/index.php?/page/articles.html/_/jutsu/jutsu/

Not sure if this was the link initially in Post 1, I'll prod alba into fixing her post~ For now, this is the manual link to all jutsu.

Just saw this post on the Justu Thread from a few days ago, so I'm assuming the answer to my question is yes, once Alba gets around to it. Thank you. 

Edited by Phayd3
  • Like 1

I don't know if he's done it yet because i still have to be awake to view diplo

http://www.theninja-forum.com/index.php?/topic/48197-dev-domain-changes/

Post 2. Checking Diplo should be available whilst asleep, doing diplomacy only when awake.

@Phayde: 

I somewhat doubt we'll add all jutsu details to the manual. However, all jutsu and their effects should be listed there, and if not, added to the manual.

Currently we only have Alba working on the Manual, if users feel they could be a positive addition we could think about re-instating a Manual team that handles updating the manual.

Posting here first for clarification before I actually do a bug report. I leveled some Genjutsu to see their stats and found that Tormenting Gale has a negative base value. Is there a particular reason for this or just a typo?

Name: Tormenting Gale Required Items: N/A Attack type: Genjutsu Required Rank: Elite Jounin Type: Normal Uses / Battle: 5 (Low Mastery: -3) Element: Wind Village: All Experience: 500 Level: 1   Description

A forceful group illusion that sends the enemies flying.

Jutsu Effects

• Deals damage based on your and your opponents stats. Damage is based on strength. Base value: -611. Bonus/lvl: 51.3
Edited by Tael

Posting here first for clarification before I actually do a bug report. I leveled some Genjutsu to see their stats and found that Tormenting Gale has a negative base value. Is there a particular reason for this or just a typo?

Name: Tormenting Gale Required Items: N/A Attack type: Genjutsu Required Rank: Elite Jounin Type: Normal Uses / Battle: 5 (Low Mastery: -3) Element: Wind Village: All Experience: 500 Level: 1   Description

A forceful group illusion that sends the enemies flying.

Jutsu Effects

• Deals damage based on your and your opponents stats. Damage is based on strength. Base value: -611. Bonus/lvl: 51.3

Yea, Az. Other jutsus have buffs or tags like that too. They don't start stunning/buffing/etc. until you level them up a bit! o:

I've been told that the negative values are read as 0 when applied to battle though.

So if you have a jutsu that buffs your offense at base -4.50 with bonus/level 0.045, the jutsu will not buff your offense until after level 100. However, it won't apply the negative value to your offense either.

Certainly for jutsu effects a negative base value can be acceptable. But negative base damage coupled with an only slightly higher than average growth seems to be a little off...

Was just wondering if it was meant to be 611 and not -611.

A negative start value means little. Jutsu are calculated for level 100 and 200. Tormenting gale, in this instance, has PV 4519 at 100 and PV 9649 at 200. Note that 51 growth is quite a bit above average, seeing as how most genjutsu at EJ have 25~38.

(Increment*100)+Base=PV at 100

(Increment*200)+Base=PV at 200

If one of those values is Negative, it's highly likely to be wrong.

EDIT: The following should now be in the Dev as well, please report if problems arise.

• Diplomacy tab available asleep. Running diplo only when awake.
  • Mission streak counter.
  • Show User Strength Factor on Public Profile Page

Guest Faithy

Why don't you increase regen rate on Dev server to ridiculous levels? I'd like to test endgame things and jutsu mastery but with 190 regen it's gonna take forever. 

also double training gains don't work anymore 

Edited by Faithy
  • Like 1

If you travel to the right side of the map (25 on the X axis) and go South until you hit 21 on the Y axis you'll be teleported to 100.100 on the map. Is this intended? 

Yeah, that's an experiment Slayze.

Also something that just occurred to me. With the adjustment in regen for each rank...

won't regen bought from the GM and bonus regen items from the Popularity item Special Surprise need to be adjusted as well?

Edited by Tael
  • Like 1

In the Dev domain? It's quite possible since it;s a lower resource domain. I'll ask Terr to clarify.

I tested cfh with a few guys recently and we noticed that ninja chicken death (probably when it is summoned too) causes Team SF to update. Is this intended? And does chicken (summons in general) count towards limit of max 3v2 per battle?

Also I noticed that Sarah (and some other players, mostly Samui lol) used to have higher SF at the start of dev. She used to have 3200+ now she has 2800. What happened there? 

Can we know SF formula? (I kind of have old one, wondering about the new one if that's the cause)

Summons are supposed to count towards team SF. That was intended to stop the nonsense that would go one where one person summons their summon and you are forced to or you would lose against an equal. This creates more strategy since your summon has the possibility of allowing your opponent to CFH on you. I cannot say for sure, but I guess I would expect the summon to count towards the CFH count. Either way, it doesn't really create any sort of disadvantage, just another possible strategy.

As far as the SF Formula, I could swear I already gave this to you, but it would be beneficial to post the updated SF formula publicly, so here it is:

StrengthFactor = [MaximumHP + HighestOffense + (TotalDefenses + HighestDefense - Lowest Defense) / 4 + (TotalGens + HighestGen - LowestGen) / 4 * 10] / 1000

Also, we made another adjustment for how this calculates based on your HP throughout the battle. Whenever someone enters the battle (starting the fight or joining a call), their team SF is based on MaxHP, but for those already in the battle team SF is based on Current HP. Example: Player 1 (SF 1000 @ 80% HP) attacks Player 2 (SF 600 @ 100% HP). Team 1 SF is 1000, Team 2 SF is 600. Then let's say for this example that by the time Player 3 joins Player 2 (SF 400 @ 100% HP), Player 1 is down to 675% HP and Player 2 down to 70%. Team 1 SF will now be 750 and Team 2 SF will now be 820 (600 * 0.7 + 400).

We need to have all joining members to be based on Max HP because if someone catches you with low HP, they should be rewarded with a better chance to beat you, not punished because you can now CFH on them. We also don't want CFH to be abused by strong players taking damage on purpose so they can call. You'll notice that there is a slight advantage for Player 1 after Player 3 joins; however, if Team 2 would have called the strongest possible joiner, the fight would be an easy win for Team 2. 

We need subsequent calculations to use the current HP of those in the battle because in the example I gave, using Max HP would say that RSF was 1.00 and no more CFHs would be allowed after Player 3 joins. But it wouldn't really be equal if those same 3 players fought with full HP. Player 1 does more damage than player 2, so we need to account for the greater loss of HP for player 2 when calculating RSF.

I was kind of distracted when writing this, so please feel free to ask if something doesn't make sense.

Note: At the time of this writing, something isn't calculating correctly on the dev server. We'll fix it.

I might be reading into it too much, but wouldn't a new way to abuse this just be to skip a round after being CFH'd on? Player 1 vs Player 2 and 3 in your example, for instance. If Player 1 skips a couple rounds and lets them beat on him, he could potentially call in Player 4 when he reaches 50% HP, and they could quickly defeat Players 2 and 3. I haven't sat down and done the calculations, but is this a possibility? Obviously if it results in a close fight then there's no harm there, it's just a gamble for Player 1 and 4, but if you can call in someone of a strength level that equals Player 1's just because Player 1 is missing half his health, that could be an issue couldn't it?

Like I said I haven't sat down and gone through the numbers yet, but basing Team SF on current HP seems to allow more potential for abuse than anything else.

Imagine there was a function taking "SF" as input and returning "damage" as output. Not 1 round damage but potential damage one can deal with their HP in a fight (this is inaccurate because it depends on enemy's stats but since defence doesnt matter, you can play along I guess). Shika expects this function to be kind of a linear map (I think) i.e.

F(A+B ) = F(A) + F(B ) (A,B, A+B are SFs of 3 different players).

F(k*A) = k* F(A)

These rules kinda make Shika's cfh work. First one describes "why CFH works", second one is basically why he can/should take current HP into account in the way he does. And then there's rules for entering battle which want to pay for the rounds where fight was uneven in such a way that makes it even overall (this is my naive idea of it, I might be wrong)

The thing is that actual formula for damage isn't perfectly linear in the first place. We have seen how it uses exponents and stuff so obviously it can't be simplified like that but I have done some graphs and at more than 20% of caps the damage kinda looked linear. Almost. But then there's question whether in reality it's not something like this F(A+B )= a*F(A) + b*F(B ) (a,b being fight-specific) - in other words - whether it's not broken, because of how HP interacts with damage stats and how SF is calculated (we add up HP and damage in SF formula while they should multiply imo). So all in all, I expect  2v1s and 3v2s (with maximum SFs used) to be in favor of the groups who outnumber. Wasting rounds can only hurt you if the premises I mentioned held true. But this all is just my guess, we shall see. They claim to have analyzed this so maybe it might just click.

Shika yes you did tell me the formula but I asked this for the rest of tnr to know. Mainly because I thought there was a change. Good to know it is a bug on dev.

Edited by Evianon

Is Jutsu damage values are final or are they subject to change?

I calculated values on level 200 bukijutsu and some of them are 20-30% weaker then others this is quite a difference.

E.g. on lvl200 special water Bukijutsu Azure Ocean 13.4k damage value and special wind Velocity force 10.8k.

Keep in mind that what's listed is just the "jutsu power" - not it's outright damage. There are many other factors influencing the actual damage of the jutsu, like offense/generals/elements/BL/etc. 

I'm not sure how much 20% difference in jutsu power will actually have on jutsu damage. Perhaps someone with capped stats could test this?

Fair question to ask:

• Why was the old drop down bar replaced with the slider bar?
    I've kinda proven it does anything but give you a specific value.
  • Why are SF a constantly changing number (in battle)?
Edited by Nexilus

Keep in mind that what's listed is just the "jutsu power" - not it's outright damage. There are many other factors influencing the actual damage of the jutsu, like offense/generals/elements/BL/etc. 

I'm not sure how much 20% difference in jutsu power will actually have on jutsu damage. Perhaps someone with capped stats could test this?

Here my test result:

Hydroline Dance 7507 power all 10 attempts did 118081 water damage in first round.

Needle Twister 9840 power all 10 attempts did 126679 wind damage in first round.

(really surprised that damage did not change, always the same value o.o)

both jutsu Int based, and target did not have weakness for both elements.

NT power is ~31% stronger then HD and dealt ~7% more damage, I guess it's not that bad.

Edited by saru

Saru, are you saying that the damage didn't fluctuate at all? o_o 

Yes O.O

And when should EM quest reset, at midnight?

I can confirm that damage doesn't flux at all.
I killed a random AI 4x and it showed the exact same damage all the time. Is this supposed to happen? My dev stats aren't capped like the main server, so there should be at least a little flux...

There is a bunch on Weap instances where should be a Buki in jutsu effects sections <_<