The Ninja Forum
Yonaka Kuuri

[JUTSU] Echo Location

Name: Echo Location

Class: Personal

Style: Ninjutsu

Range: Medium-Long

Duration: Maintainable at normal cost

Requirements: 4x 10' wires, senbon attached to each wire at the end, Wire Manipulation

Description: After a short row of hand seals the user grasps two wires in each hand of approximately 10 feet, at the end of each wire is a single senbon. the user activates a wire manipulation jutsu extending each wire perpendicular to the ground and at 45 degree angles so that each senbon is pointing in a different direction. the user then closes their eyes and concentrates sending high pitched chakra frequencies out from the tips of each senbon. the charka frequencies rebound when they hit chakra and give the user a detailed map of all chakra sources within a 50' radius.

the senbon and wire remain afloat during the entire process of the jutsu to maximize the quality of signal and giving the user a clearer mental picture.

The picture that is created in the user's head is of a varying first person view, the user's consciousness is first person but the view point can be anywhere in the area looking at anything in the area. also the user is capable of distinguishing life forms in detail, however its unlike any other sight people are used to, a tree would be distinguishable because the user could see the chakra veins going from the ground up into the air, and branching off into leaves. but like the tree you don't see the leaves just the veins of the leaves. thus animals and humans would be similar but different based on posture and chakra flow.

Summary: 
- User extends Four wires, one in each direction with wire manipulation
- concentrating on the senbon at each pole the user creates concentrated chakra emissions that map the surrounding area
- upon return the emissions create a detailed map in the users head in a first person view

- Requires the user to remain stationary to prevent debilitating image distortion.

- Range of 50' in radius

Owner: Yonaka Kuuri Hyoujun

Edited by Yonaka Kuuri

Chakra Sensory I

Requirements: None.

Description: [Activated] The user has the ability to sense beings with chakra within a 'short' range around themselves. It is difficult however for the user to pinpoint anything or tell from which direction the chakra is coming from. Additionally, large spikes of chakra can generally be painful to the user and can cause headaches.

This is better than chakra sense, It's chakra sight which bypasses more things than chakra sense does. That in of itself makes it more powerful concept. If you compare this to the C rank chakra sense Echo location far more powerful.It'll be up to the mods but my opinion is that this will need quite a rank bump.

I agree it is a far more powerful version than Chakra Sensory. However the two are separate as Echo Location requires the user to stand still while using it. This is not a technique used for combat.

Ah, the standing still part wasn't there when I first commented I don't' think. Though it reads you can still use in combat and moving, just the image is distorted. My option when compared to Chakra Sense I is that this is still the stronger jutsu. Maybe raise it to B rank or wait for a mods opinion on the matter. Either way I like the jutsu concept. Nice job.

The distorted image would make it impossible to see. Imagine 4 eyes all seeing different images. The picture would be blurred beyond comprehension. So moving would not only make the justu fail but it would also render the user blind for several seconds. 

Edited in. Thanks for the advice. Sometimes its hard to put everything down exactly as I see it. Hopefully this should be more in line with what I thought up and what is balanced for this tier

This feels closer to this B Rank jutsu.

Doton: Jiban Shindou Torakkingu [Earth Release: Ground Vibration Tracking]
Requirements: None.
Description: This is a tracking jutsu utilizing the earth element. The user will place their hand to the ground and feed chakra into it. The chakra increases sensitivity and will begin to relay all movements back to the users hands. Higher skill with this technique enables to user to almost envision everything that's going on when there eyes are closed, and even locate trees via roots or anything else beneath ground by sending out a chakra pulse acting as sonar. The more chakra poured out from the hand the better the range and the clearer the reading.
Duration: Maintainable

But you had a 100ft diameter, that's the same as a 50ft radius. I was saying that the range of your technique was reasonable for C Rank, meaning that the B Rank would have more.

Anyway, approved.