The Ninja Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Albafica

[B-rank Mission] Say A Little Prayer

konoi.png

The once proud Fire Country was covered in scars due to the Upheval. Crater-filled plains and charred stumps of trees could be seen where there once was rich, verdant and fertile lands; only now Nature was crawling it's way back to those places, covering the evidence of destroyed civilization. Towns and cities moved to better locations and due to no small amount of effort from the country's shinobi and nobles alike, the sheer terror and instability caused by The Great Upheval had finally begun to soften. Slowly but steadily, the nation was getting back to it's former glory.

However, as any weakened country - be it by plague, war or disaster - it posed a perfect target for those interested in profitting with violence, as well as for those with blackened hearts who thrived in their own cruelty and lived by preying on the vulnerable.

And this is where our story starts. 

~ . ~

At the Shinobi Academy, located in the very entrails of the Stone Country, Hakuei Masamune walked down a distinct corridor. It had noticeably different tone from the rest of the Academy which preferred functional over ostensible decor as most shinobi structures; the brunette was mildly impressed by it's elegant high windows and polished wooden floorboards. There was barely anyone on the area and the few people she had seen were well-dressed civilians, obviously of noble birth. 

Passing through a door at the very end, the tanned woman found herself in what seemed to be a small but richly decorated waiting room. With marble pillars in the middle, leather chairs and tall bookshelves the room screamed refinement. At one end there was an impressive mahogany door with a solitary ANBU standing guard; the only ninja Hakuei had seen in a while since she made her way to the room, although she wouldn't doubt there were more at a call if needed. Sitting at a sturdy desk in the corner was a blonde, blue eyed beauty with a sky blue military looking uniform - although it didn't look like any military uniform Hakuei had ever seen.

Despite being quite stunning, the secretary had a severe aura. Her hair was worn in a tight bun and silver-rimmed glasses partially hid her eyes. 

"You must be Masamune-san. You are the first to arrive, Weiss-sama will attend you and the others shortly." - She said drily, before getting up and going through the mahogany door. Lifting an eyebrow in surprise, Hakuei leaned against a pillar and crossed her arms; she was a little put off that a complete stranger seemed to know who she was, while she herself had very little information about that man Weiss. The brunette supposed that the blonde secretary was his personal secretary, as the majority of the people who worked at the Academy wore padronized outfits.

"It hasn't even been that long since the last time I was here" - thought the brunette with a sigh - "I wonder whom I will work with this time. It would be quite a strike of luck if I were to work with Dao again, considering how well we managed to perform our last mission." - Speaking of the devil, Hakuei snorted to herself as she spotted a silver haired head at the end of the corridor through the open door.

Walking the familiar floors Luv would open the door hearing voices through the door with her Enhanced Hearing IV to see a face she had recently seen. "Masamune-san? Who is that. Is that Ei's last name? I don't see anyone else in here so it must be her. I was just thinking about her. Cute and strong, just the way I like them. To bad she is from another village or we'd make quite a pair. I wonder if we'll be working again together."  Walking in and taking a position next to her leaning up against an adjacent pillar. The cool stone felt next up against her back even though it was cool outside, she rather liked the cold.

"I see you're here again. How have you been Ei?" Where did the other girl go? I heard another voiced a moment ago." Ei from their last mission would already know that Luv had advanced hearing so it wouldn't be a shock to her that she could hear so well, in fact Luv had demonstrated a great deal of advanced senses when scouting and fighting. It would also seem their wounds had all but healed and that Khellendros had a nice scar on his side but that his wing looked normal again.

Khellendros crawling would go to crawl on Hakuei foot to rest like a purring kitty if she allowed. Luv seeing this would wonder a few things but so no real signs of shock since it wasn't the first time he'd taken a liking to someone having an affinity for women who are strong and aggressive in taijutsu. "Khell what are you doing! She's a shinobi from an opposing village. Don't get attached...ugh"

"Ugh..." A grunt was all that was audible from outside the room. It had been many years since Keke had come and gone to school, even if this was all new and sprung up from the past ruins, it was still a school and that was enough to put Keke into an uncomfortable mood as if she had no reason to be here. "Kenari Meno reporting." She would add as she opened the door, oblivious to know if she was cutting someone else off or not.

As she got a good look into what she could only assume was a classroom, she found it, like much of the new school, to be up to date with modern accessories and high quality furniture. "Not too unexpected." She thought to herself before surveying the other players in the room.

One played the secretary role quite nicely. She had blonde hair, blue eyes and some nice fake tits all packed into a small package. She was probably beeping her boss, or at the very least got her job because of her looks, but that was conjecture. Unfounded, but all the more reinforced in Keke's mind.

The other two seemed to have a past history, one's pet was humping the others leg while being reprimanded in a rather coy and mild response by their master. Keke had to smile at that humorous scene, but let it go rather quickly as she took her seat and waited for further instructions. She could wait on learning about the people she was likely going to be working with until after the blonde bimbo was done giving out instructions.

Edited by Spacemaker

OOC: Mind the language please~

"I see you're here again. How have you been Ei?" Where did the other girl go? I heard another voiced a moment ago." - Asked the woman who was unequivocally Dao, resting against a pillar nearby. She seemed fully recovered from their last mission, as did Khellendros, who was currently purring at her feet. Chuckling, Hakuei scratched his head absent-mindedly. 

"I have been quite fine, thank you for asking. I trust you two are, as well" - Said the brunette with a polite smile. "The other woman just went through that door, I assume she is informing her employer of our arrival." - She completed, indicating the large mahogany door with a nod of her head.

"Kenori Meno reporting." - Said a female voice not a second after Hakuei's. It belonged to a small young girl with big blue eyes and a messy patch of black hair tied in a low ponytail. Apparently she would be the third member of their party.

"Nice to meet you, Meno-san. It looks like you are stuck with us" - Said Hakuei with a glint of amusement in her eyes. The little girl was obviously unconfortable, looking around the room with dread and introducing herself with all the excitement one would expect to see in a child summoned to the Principal's office. Before she could say anything else again, the door opened and the blonde walked out.

"Good, all of you are here. Weiss-sama will be attending you now." - The woman said, fixating a surprisingly analytical look on each one of them as she retook her seat at the desk. Hakuei couldn't quite place the woman; she acted like a secretary so far, but her military garb and cold intelligent eyes spoke of another station. Keeping her face in a polite mask, the brunette thanked the blonde woman before making her way to the mahogany door.

~.~

Passing through the ANBU and the door, the three women found themselves in a large study. It was well illuminated and as richly decorated as the previous room, with a plush rug partially covering the incredibly polished wooden floor and an it had an even larger number of bookshelves. Sitting behind a solid wooden desk as one would sit on a throne, there was a man - Weiss.

weiss.png

He wore a white military uniform similar to the one worn by the blonde woman; however it had thick reinforced leather armguards with some sort of blue family crest on it. A deep purple cape completely covered the left side of his body, and his dark hair covered his left eye as well. The one eye they could see was a deep forest green, and it was so incredibly piercing anyone would immeditaly notice that this was no normal person. 

"Good afternoon. I am Weiss, your temporary contractor." - The man spoke formally, his deep voice ringing through the room although he made no effort to have it reverberate the way it did; it was the voice of someone not only used to giving orders, but also used on having them heeded.

"I made a special request to the Academy as an unkown group of terrorist has been targeting reconstruction sites and establishments on the Fire Country for months now. They make no demands and give no warning of their attacks; they simply destroy what we have been trying so hard to rebuild." - With a frown on his face as he talked about the terrorists, the effect was impressive. He looked very intimidating and the three girls couldn't help but be internally relieved that the look wasn't truly directed at them, momentarily forgetting that they were kunoichis and that the man was supposedly only a civilian. 

"They are incredibly organized and their skills demonstrate that they are skilled shinobi. After attempting to track them down for a long while my informants finally found a cell located in the Fire Country's borders. We do not know what they are doing there and we do not have their exact numbers, but the movement on the area suggests that there are not many of them. Your mission is to eliminate all of them, but most importantly, find out as much information about this organization as possible." - Weiss finished his monologue, pointing at a scroll on his desk.

"These are the directions to the abandoned building they have been using in our borders. It used to be an old local worshipping site for the spirits of Nature as farmers believed those helped out on the Harvest." (OOC: First picture) - There was a slight edge of derision to his voice. "You are now dismissed." - The finality on his tone not opening any spots for questions, the group hurried out of the room to escape the man's crushing strength of personality.

~.~

"That guy raised a whole new standard definition to weird and creepy" - Mumbled Hakuei, taking a look at the paper containing directions once the group was outside the Academy building. "I almost forgot he was a civilian, he could put some of our old instructors on Kawagakure to shame. I felt like a student again and they certainly did not keep class quiet like that."  - She said with a grin. "It should take us a few days to get to the location, by the way." - The brunette finished, looking at her companions and offering them the scroll.

OOC: Skipping order because I'm not exactly doing much besides talking and introducing Keke. Also cleaned up the language. Forget this is PG-13 forum. Also misspelled her name, Kenari not Kenori, my mistake.

As Keke was moved out of the academy, she felt a huge burden lift from her shoulders as her mood drastically improved. Even so, she couldn't help buy feel a bit off put by their contractor. She had no reason to suspect anything of him, but something just felt off. She quickly brushed it by as if it was nothing more than a minor dislike.

As Hakuei mumbled to herself, Keke was able to hear bits and pieces of what she had said before responding herself. "A job is a job, but I wished he had at least given us a bit more background on these terrorist. What do the papers say about these guys? Motives? Estimated numbers? Strength?" Keke tried to look at the papers with a glance, but from her angle it was too hard to distinguish what was written. 

"Oh right. As you probably heard, the name's Kenari Meno, Keke is the name I'd prefer, but I don't hold it against people for using my full name. I was hired because of my insight into the art of explosives and demolition, and while that's true, it's selling me a bit short." Keke would say as she place her hands behind her head in some sort of lame stretch with a light smile on her face.

Edited by Spacemaker

Luv and Khellendros would listen to the man speak to them. Hakuei, later on would hit the nail on the head by saying the guy raised a whole new standard definition to weird and creepy. It would be odd to her that this person was nothing more than a civilian and would suspect he was actually more than he seemed, at the very least he was a trained military solider or ex of one.

Taking a look at the paper containing directions with the rest she'd concure it woudl take 3 days by foot but they could travel quicker if they were willing to. " Well met Keke. I'm Dao, Luv Li and this is Khellendros I specialize in taijutsu. I don't suppose the two of you are able to use any variation of Shunshin no Jutsu? We could get there in a fraction of the time which would allow us more time to investigate them before they have time to prepare further. What do the two of you think?" Making sure to speak in common like the rest she'd notice that before speaking that the new female of the group had fully introduced herself and explained what she could do. An odd choice to make in the shinobi world but she valued the openness as it could lead to better coordination between the three. Feeling a spark of honesty and in truth finding it pointless at this point since the information could be obtained on her anyways she'd use her real name as well.

"You're using your real name now Luv? Have something planned or just realized there is no need to keep it private anymore? This will be the first time we've worked with someone like Keke. If she blows me up just promise me you'll put your staff through her head!" Khellendros would speak to Luv in a joking but serious manner as he perched up onto her shoulder curled into a ball. Luv nodding to her companion would look back to the others to see what they had to say about the use of Shunshin no Jutsu. If it turned one or both couldn't she'd offer more advice. "If we are to travel by foot I would suggest we cut across wind country over earth county. The terrain will be far more forgiving on our bodies and it'll be easier to find food and water if needed. Shelter is easier to find in earth country but I know Ei and I are able to location shelter well enough regardless."

OOC: I'm terribly sorry for the tardiness~

"You can call me Ei" - Said Hakuei to the younger girl, with a polite smile. "And I am afraid I do not, ninjutsu was never my forte. Bashing people with my fists has always been a strong preference" - She completed, turning to Dao with a grin. "It should not take much more time, regardless. The Wind country is the best choice, it will reduce the travel time by half a day if we do not daddle." - Stashing away the scroll with directions, they prepared to take off.

~.~

The Temple marked on the map was at the Fire Country's very border with the Wind Country; while isolated from major cities where resistance would be greater, it was a somewhat odd choice for a group whose very purpose seemed to be create as much havoc as possible. In fact, the whole area seemed to be quite under-developed with large expansions of forests and fields dominating it, the occasional farm lands being the closest thing to civilization.

After a specially uneventful journey, the group finally sighted it's old stone ruins standing forbiddenly in the horizon. Cut sharply against the bucolic scenario tinted in twilight, it was slightly outwordly in it's beauty; as it was on it's eerie quietness.

"This place does look completely abandoned" Murmured Hakuei, so that only the two other girls would be able to hear her. They were taking cover on a nearby group trees still a few meters away from the building and it seemed that the closer they got, the more unnaturaly quiet the scenario became. "The good part is that Weiss said there should not be many targets, and this creepy quietness confirms it. A large group would have at the very least marked the landscape in some way with resources going in and out" - She said, scanning the soft grass field laid innocently in front of them.

While every nerve on her body would usually be screaming for caution, Hakuei started to feel strangely calm; laid-back, even. Her body relaxed on it's own, and each second passed the more distant it became her internal thoughts that she certainly shouldn't be feeling that way. Perhaps it was the obvious lack of opponents. After all even if there were any, she had backup.

Glancing at her companions with a slightly foolish grin, she noticed the other two girls also seemed to share her spirits as they smiled back. Suddenly it seemed like a very good idea to examine the building more closely; they probably didn't even need to worry about cover, with the place as empty as it was.

After a specially uneventful journey, the group finally sighted it's old stone ruins standing forbiddingly in the horizon. Cut sharply against the bucolic scenario tinted in twilight, it was slightly outwardly in it's beauty; as it was on it's eerie quietness. Hakuei would seem to be correct that the placed seemed to be completely abandoned. Still just in case she'd inform Khellendros to fly up and scout the area to get a birds eye view of the area. "I"ll have Khellendros scout above and report if there is anything of note. He'll rejoin us as we enter."

"Make sure to circle around and focus on the area. If something is off color like a patch of grass make note of it as it might be a hidden passage leading to something subterranean"

Smiling and itching for action Luv would look up to spot Khellendros coming down with a report, good or bad, she'd be ready to go in making sure her senses were on high alert to sense anything at all. Taking point she'd go in first with her staff out and ready. Taking extra protection she'd make sure to walk as quickly as possible and also erasing her sound as best she could. "I'm starting to get an exciting but odd feeling about this place. Yep there's a trap somewhere around here."

Edited by ChocoboCharm

A trip of a couple days wasn't exactly exciting, most of the time was idle travel with only the occasional minute event happening to quell the boredom of the long road trip. Likely it had ended sooner rather than later without issue before arriving in the ruins of the old village. "Damn, this place... looks like crap. I have a hard time believing this place has gone to the woods so quickly, what kind of power it must have taken to keep these trees from engulfing this place in the past..." Keke would mutter to the group as an off handed remark before observing that her group was already hell bent on getting the mission done. "I would've thought they'd like to rest for half a second, but nope, on to the next step, just like that." Keke thought as she quickly followed behind to catch up to the group as they entered an unspecified building.

Keke would position herself closer to the middle of the group. Unlike the other two who excelled in close quarters, Keke was the least suited to fight in any sort of enclosed space and thus the most vulnerable in the current environment. Her destructive power also wouldn't be of much use unless they had a need for it and seeing as the sneaky bit was the approach the group had decided to take, she would follow suit without complaint. Keke was never known for being incognito, but it was easy enough to muffle your own sound as you walked, and unless you directly ran into someone it wasn't likely that they would be discovered. At least, that's what Keke hoped as she kept her eyes peeled for anything that seemed off or out of place. 

Edited by Spacemaker