The Ninja Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Senpai

Reset Respect After Joining New Village

Suggestion Outline:

One thing that I would like point out before comment:

This would NOT effect any permanent Outlaws in any sort of way.

What would change:

When a user joins a village, the respect done in the four other villages is reset back to 0.

How it would change:
People who leave a village to do diplo and then return back in order to never be tracked would become obselete.

How it benefits us:

Bounty hunters who do diplo and raid become untrackable and therefore nearly impossible to catch.

This suggestion would increase activity among bounty hunters since they can target each other.

Why it matters:
The two key attributes of an outlaw are robbing, and being able to vanish from even bounty hunters.

So why should people who go outlaw, do diplo and then immediatly return to their prior village be able keep the perks of being an outlaw?

Problems/concerns involved (if applicable):
Im aware that the bounty hunter system is already a mess. So I propose my suggestion only as a quick fix for the current population.

Anything else relevant to your specific suggestion (if applicable):

All bounty hunters should be able to hunt each other.

• Like 3

I love how bounty hunters only focus on the minority of players who have done diplomacy to avoid being tracked, as opposed to the pages of new players with 1 ryo bounties in every village (that get reset every day). Why should outlaws even be the only people who can do diplo to avoid tracking? When outlaws version of bounty hunter is done what then? I think the approved updates for the occupation are already fine, bounty hunters are hardly struggling to abuse the current system anyway.

• Like 1

I dont agree with taking the diplomacy off. We already lose Respect Bonuses aswell as have our Regen dropped for 3-4 days.

I think we should take off the over 1500 bounty (Bingo Book).

Why have a bingo book if all you gotta do is up it to 1500? (unless your already being tracked)

Many alts are created just to keep up peoples bounties.

Many Villages have suffered in the past due to ninja upping everyone's bounty over 1500 so no one could be tracked

Why have a bingo book if all you gotta do is up it to 1500? (unless your already being tracked)

Once you get to a certain level of bounty hunting, you're cap at seeing a particular value of bounties are increased. Problem is not a lot of people are at that level where there are varying ranges of bounties for a certain amount of people. I think the better suggestion in this case would be to lower the bounty levels so at x level you can track up to x amount instead of whatever it is now.

I have to agree with Senpai though.

It would be nice to have them all reset back to 0. I forgot where I saw this, but I believe that if you rejoin a village from Syndicate and you have negative reputation as oppose to positive (with diplomacy), they do get reset to 0. It might have been a glitch, but I remember seeing something similar to this somewhere.

As for Authiel's concern of the 1 ryoing - I beleive that was part of the accepted suggestions and will be implemented in the distant future, closer to the day after never.

I forgot where I saw this, but I believe that if you rejoin a village from Syndicate and you have negative reputation as oppose to positive (with diplomacy), they do get reset to 0. It might have been a glitch, but I remember seeing something similar to this somewhere.

I can vouch for this, it does indeed get reset to 0.

Meet new people from other villages. "Can you raise my bounty? I'll do yours if you do mine." And if you're willing to leave a village to do diplo it shows that you pretty much don't care about the loyalty bonuses.

• Like 2

The bounty hunter update has covered all areas except this. This will make it ideal. We just need the update to actually happen.

The bounty hunter update has covered all areas except this

Sorry but can you explain what the bounty hunter update is?

Since we just got incoming updates possibly before Christmas it'd be nice to know what to expect.

Hopefully this could also be added. Maybe im a little too hopeful xD

Could this get a response from content team? Also whether this is not possible to ship with the upcoming update. Because next one might be who knows when and this is kinda important aspect of tnr. A huge activity boost

Edited by Evianon

According to Terr, the Bounty Hunter update has already been completed on the dev server. Feel free to test out the update there.

The most significant changes to Bounty Hunter will be that the max bounty you can collect will increase with each level instead of every 100 levels and that bounties can no longer be set on someone with a bounty of 0 or higher.

I agree that this suggestion is important as bounty hunting will be non-existent between not being able to track someone with a 0 bounty, not being able to track someone with a bounty too high for you, and not being able to track someone with positive diplo.

If Pana doesn't get to this first, I will try to talk to him about this when I got off work tonight. 

Denied since the new Bounty hunter update changed quite a few things. Kept in consideration in case we see that we want to adjust the way Diplomacy and Bounty Hunters work a bit more.