The Ninja Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pana

[Events] Real world and TNR

What about ZaneLegend/TDragon and his organization? Shouldn't these guys get something too?

N/A? Dion's deal?

Pssh, that's hardly worth an event. XD

Dion never really established anything though. If anyone who claims they have an organization but nothing was ever done... Then that's not worthy of an event. (I believe) Otherwise, everyone would want to mass create groups for these events.

WelI think pana was just going to make events that coincided with real life holidays.

I don't see why we can't do both. Holiday 'seasons' and TNR based ones as well. Probably want to stick with major events only or people will demand holidays for everything though.

My idea is to see which RL events are really popular. There are going to be TNR-only events as well, relating to past events, or just new things. (which i also stated in the first post)

There hasn't been any recent "organization" in TNR that really did enough to validate an event to....

Handful of ideas that we'll be throwing out here.

• New Year
  • Father's Day
  • Mother's Day
  • Festival of Books
  • Festival of Colors
  • Celebration of Harmony (Celebrating the many failed war updates over the past 6 years as well as Valentine.)
  • Element based events
  • Midsummer Madness
  • Midwinter Madness
  • Beer Week
  • Festival of Destruction (Remembering the 3 destroyed villages)
  • Ninja Day
  • [insert village] Festival
  • Seichi New Year (Calamity Calendar)

Things we'll be taking into consideration.

• Seasonal events
  • Profession related events
  • Offense related events

These are mainly here cause I want them to last a bit more than the average weekend/week so they'll need a different approach as well as some new functions for professions.

I'm not going to give any timeline here, but I do plan on having some events running in the near future. It's been to long, but first I want updates done, both for the userbase as well as for the Event/Admin panels before I can start making a calendar and the actual events.

• Like 2

I am looking forward to what content team can come up with in the future. I like the idea of a longer event time and hope that all future events will be that way.

However, Pana I hope you do bring some of the thrown out holidays into the game. (mainly hoping for a TNR Aniversarry day. Sadly not Festival of Books or Beer week :( ) Doesnt have to be a massive event like April fools one but maybe just like a small gift or a nod from Admins that it's a certain holliday.

Small acknowledgement hollidays im referring to:

-Christmas

-New Year

-TNR Anniversary

Not sure what you mean here. Pretty much everything you posted is in my list?

• Offense related events

You could make it a seasonal thing such as:

Season of the Sword - Bukijutsu

Season of the Fist - Taijutsu

Season of the Mind - Genjutsu

Season of the Soul- Ninjutsu

During each season that offense gets a small training boost. (+5% buki/nin/gen/tai offense) 

then each year the order of the seasons change as to keep in fresh (like the Chinese calendar years only with seasons)

... also Pana double post! xD 

Edited by AzraelsGrace
  • Like 1

5% buff. I don't think it's worth the overall complains I'll most likely get flung at me. The offense, Seasonal and Profession related events will be shelved for the time being, unless someone comes up with a really good setup.

Double post indeed. A rare occurrence, enjoy it :P

I assumed profesion events would be pretty simple. Pick a date and add relevant items to every profesion for a week or so. E.g Halloween which is coming up. Replace herds with random monsters for hunters to gather resources. Armour crafters could create Halloween costumes, weapon crafters could create relevant weapons like pitchforks and broomsticks. For chefs you could look up food relating to the holiday, or for my example potions for Halloween. Herbalists would be a bit more difficult, things like basil are usually linked with love potions and exorcisms? Miners could find stones such as tigers eyes which are usually linked to magic. Then find a way to link them in to an event. I'm sure if the current content team sat down and paid a trip to the wonderful world of Google you could easily pull it off.

• Like 3

Got bored, made a little example type thing. Keep in mind it might seem simple to us players, but balance and coding issues are at play here as well.

Anyway, here's how it could work(just an example)

Proposed idea: Seasonal/Holiday items available for specific times, pertaining to important dates either in TNR or real life.

Example idea: Seasonal Resource and Craft Combo (Christmas/December/Idk I'm American lemme alone T_T)

Profession: Herbalist

Resource: Vanilla Orchid

Processes into: 2-4 Vanilla

Resource: Molasses

Processes into: 1-2 Rum

Profession: Hunter

Resource: Goat Herd

Resources Gained:

1-3 Goat Milk

1-3 Goat Meat

Processes into:

1-3 Goat Meat -> 1-3 Lvl 1 Meat

1-3 Goat Meat -> 1-3 Lvl 1 Meat(High Quality) [Randomly crafted : 10%~ chance]

Profession: Cook

Item: Eggnog

Type: Special
Crafting time: 20 minutes
Items crafted:
Ingredients needed:
2 Vanilla
1 Goat Milk
1 Sugar

1 Rum
Effects:
Revive a hospitalized user, at 33% health.

Can only be used while hospitalized.

Edited by Tael

Main problem with Crafting items is the fact I can't really add anything new or innovative until new things are coded. Your Cook item for example can't be done at this time. Nor can I alter Mining Nodes or Hunting spots.

Trivia. Sugarcane processes into Molasses. Which can than be used for Rum and other foodstuffs.

This was why I originally avoided make a post like that, the limits as to what you can do are unknown to me. You could get around the lack of mining nodes and hunting spots by adding event related AI that drop items the hunters and miners then process before selling/giving to a crafter. But if you can't add the necessary crafting items it's still not going to work.out of interest, what are you actually able to do right now in terms of adding recipes? I assume you have some power in that regard since you added new stuff for chefs a while back.

I'm with Authiel here, if we know what you can and can't do we'll know what kind of contributions we can make. If it's super limited in scope that's fine, item drops or something would be cool too.

Edited by Tael
  • Like 1

There isn't nearly enough possible. Some things are possible in a really round-a-bout kind of way and other things are simply broken.(Like AI item drops ~.~ )

As far as Professions go.

As much as I want to, we currently cannot edit or add Hunter or Miner nodes without coding.

We can add Herbalist herbs.

We can add recipes, remove recipes, edit recipes.

We can add shop-items freely.

So most of the stuff is currently possible, just the nodes that prove a stumbling block as far as occupation events are concerned? That's not too bad since the coding required for that should be pretty minimal.

If events are not currently on the cards I would hope for a few changes to chef recipes tho. I can not get level 1 meat (HQ) and both my top recipes need this. I know changes are planned for hunters but until then it's way too difficult for newer chefs to cap the profesion.

• Like 1

Why not give chefs a seasoning craft that lets them turn normal meat into High Quality meat? Use old herbs or new ones, since herbalist is one of the professions that can be changed. There's a lot of crafts that rely on HQ meat, and it's hard to come by.

EDIT : probably not where this thread was originally headed, but it seemed like a good idea.

Edited by Tael

Authiel, that's not what this thread is for. Those problems are to be handled with the craft update.

As for the rest. None of this is really an "event". Adding a few crafts isn't really what I'd call a seasonal event.

Thanks for the contribution so far, I'll take what we can use from here.

• Like 1