The Ninja Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pana

[Events] Real world and TNR

Okay. So I'm trying to make a good list of Annual and/or monthly reoccurring events. Think of these events as:

• Christmas
  • Halloween
  • New Year

We'll be adding a bunch of them for in-game related festivities. (IE Nothing to do with anything existing IRL) and I want a few of the overworld related events as well. Trying to steer away from the strongly religious festivals as much as possible.

Christmas, as noted here, does not equate to Christmas IRL. As it's more of a Winter event that will be held around Christmas.

Why this thread? Ideas, interests. Anything useful is welcome. A few festivals people have told me they would like to see a TNR version from include, but are not limited to:

• The Festival of Colors (India, Hindu festival celebrated by many)
  • End of the Ramadan (Islamic festival celebrating the end of the fasting period. Often joined by non-Islamic friends.)
  • Mothers day
  • Fathers day
  • World Book Day
  • More?

As said, I don't particularly like Religious festivities. As such any religious submission I get would, if accepted, get turned into a TNR festivity that simply falls in the same period. I'm doing this mainly to make sure we're not imposing one religion onto another.

• Like 1

A Valentine's Day event may be nice, IF you don't have one already. 

Easter - everyone likes to hunt some eggs,

Japan has a national "ninja day" on February 22, it might make sense for a Ninja-rpg to celebrate.

Only a few nations have a thanksgiving. Some sort of "Harvest" festival would be neat. Could even involve cooks/herbalist professions.

BEER! I mean. That would be a bit tricky,(Drunken ninja deal half damage? xD) interesting though.

Seasonal events are well worth considering as well.

Ninja day? That one is certainly worth googling.

Not a fan of the Easter thing. Rather have something completely different in the same timeframe. Since it often falls around spring a Spring event would be better.

i just want to have an event during Valentines Day for married couples o.o

How about an event that makes the users chase giant bugs that are the representations of all the ones on TNR? Think of it like a mass bug swarm . _ . 

Valentine couple ones sounds cool.

Could also make a separate route for those #foreveralone people / too young to even participate in a relationship (AS, Genin).

Though if you are gonna be making an event - please make one that is:

• relative to all rank's strength
  • does not occur deep into the uncharted
  • last more than 24 hours - potentially several days so more people have the chance to participate in them

(PS. In game lore is based of the Japanese mythology / culture. So are those holidays/festivities open game? Cause there are tons of awesome ones.)

Edited by Nexilus
  • Like 1

General notice:

This thread isn't meant to whine and stab at staff/updates. Do it again and people won't be able to post for a long time.

I'm working on a setup to introduce the lore we have into the game in a more continual procedure instead of doing it through a chain of Event-team hosted events. Just tossing out a bunch of quests isn't interesting enough. Having some Shinto related events is more than welcome.

Hmmm... Well, if you're looking for Shinto-related holidays, than DÅsojin Matsuri, or the "Festival of Fire", might be a good starting point. Basically, it's a festival where items such as shrine decorations, talismans and other such ornaments are put in an organized heap and burned for good health and a rice harvest next year. Note that I'm reading this off a page I found, which is here.

Now, if you wanted to adapt this to TNR, maybe you could throw a mystical twist to it? Like dragons and trials by fire? Or heck, even have Amateresu show up from the last event. Anything goes, I suppose.

One problem is that it might want to lean towards favoring fire-based players in some way, which means that you'll have to modify it greatly... But you guys are creative, you'll think of something.

Fire based is fine. I have a set of Elemental based events in mind. As well as village based events.

And that's an interesting site you linked there.

I thought so too, which is why I linked it up for the holiness of mankind.

If we are doing fixed events I would like to see something occupation related thrown in. Add seasonal resources for gatherers and recipes for crafters on specific dates like Christmas, Halloween, thanksgiving/harvest festival and Easter just to name some obvious dates where this could be done. When choosing my occupation I was kind of looking forward to it, now it's all become tedious beyond belief waiting for a hunter to find level 1 HQ meat just so I can get some exp.

• Like 1

Ooh, great idea! And hey, maybe as a bonus on those days all gatherers would be immune to attackers when gathering.  :P

BEER! I mean. That would be a bit tricky,(Drunken ninja deal half damage? xD) interesting though.

Pana pls Drunken Fist jutsu :D

or you know... just give us a super beer item

I like the idea of limited time items for professions to make things more interesting. Reindeer meat for hunters in december, roses for herbalists in February. It's a cool concept.

So you want recipes and resources that would only be usable for 2 days then they'd just clog up inventory space?

More like an entire month, or an entire season like authiel said.  the resources would be limited time only, but the recipes and items should always be usable. So you can gather the resources only during the event, but the crafts and items are always available.

Why only usable for 2 days? I imagine any event item you can craft would be good but not game breaking. Weapons/armours/healing items would be limited by durability, but no need to say "use it for the event and throw it away" gatherers would likely be a bit more difficult as I suggest only making these recipes craft able for around a week, that is still plenty of time to gather resources and either sell them on or trade them to a crafter. Not entirely sure how difficult coding such a thing would be either. I just think something needs to be done with professions and this is a great oppurtunity for it.

I think adding in the crafts permanently would be easier on the coders and only having the resources spawn from X to Y server time. Having a global message when the event is active as well would be a good idea. The actual items could just be buffed versions of current items, or they could be unique. As stated previously the limited time factor would keep them from being unbalanced.

Maybe instead of looking into making RL holidays into TNR, you can just make holidays for the people of Seichi. Some will require looking up the dates of past events

August would hold the Seichi New Year.

Have a summer and winter solstice event.

Have a "Collapse Remembrance Day/festival" in recognition of the fallen villages, Current and Glacier.

Horizon Day.

Darken Day (in celebration of the first C3 war)

Ninja appreciation day (choose a date)

Etc.

• Like 3

We shouldve had an TNR aniversary day since this game has had the lifespan of around 10 years i think

• Like 2

Maybe instead of looking into making RL holidays into TNR, you can just make holidays for the people of Seichi. Some will require looking up the dates of past events

Can't like this enough!!

What Azrael said makes a lot of sense. Since so many things have happened since the start of c3 and TNR in itself, there's ton of events/celebrations you could draw from. Probably best to stick with the c3 line for now but at least this way, players will feel "recognized" in a sense that they've contributed something in an RP sense that they've altered the world of Seichi. (I do suggest it be impactful stuff though. Nothing tavern based just cause... I feel like it'll force the players who want to "change" Seichi and get a special date to recognize them to play the game / increase more activity into the game. That and tavern is nothing really more than chatroom - and nothing worth noting - unless proven wrong - happens in the chatroom)

Lots of players do keep a list of what has happened and if you do run out of ideas for what has happened recently, the different village newspapers will help a fair bit. Also the attempt at the Fooze Daily-turned-weekly-dead newspaper and the FB. Some more examples could be like:

• Raven Week - mid-November?

- pun on Golden (dark/gloomy/something syndicate?) and the week(s) that Syndicate went challenging all the villages for territory

• The race to Chuunin / Jounin / EJ / First Kage?

- maybe each first kage/warlord date gets something special for their village? Like a one day special bonus for that particular village -- might have to do something so people don't abuse the hopping / joining feature to get those benefits.

• November 27 - 29? - The day Seichi had an all out war with everyone?

- It was the first PVP raid event so maybe something special there?

• etc, etc. March 1 - Fake Update Day // April 1 - the day everyone hated cause of the void transport "event" // June-July - The first settlers (remembrance of the beta players) // LOADS OF STUFF (Probably better to use events with meaning, rather than all the events as not all of them were that fun . _ . )
Edited by Nexilus