The Ninja Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pana

Town Hall: ANBU Squads

Let's face it. ANBU's are borderline useless. Time for a change.

What do people want ANBU's to do?

If you have good ideas, lets here them. But keep the following in mind:

• ANBU's will not grant any damage increase/reduction. These buffs have only 2 phases: OP or UP. And mainly hamper/buff the hard hitting jutsu commonly found in tai and weap.
  • ANBU's aren't exclusive. This means anyone should be able to join it, that is, if they have Chuunin+ ranks
  • Stay on topic! This is only about ANBU, other things will get other threads in time.

These 3 are law. So make sure to keep these in mind.

• Like 2

ANBU members should bring in more VF per kill. +1 for Members and +2 for leaders maybe?

After enough points they can gain additional VF per kill. giving them a total of 2 extra VF (5 total if they have loyalty bonus)

Anbu Armor and Weapons For chuunin, Jounin, and EJ.

S missions for ANBU :3

positive diplo per kill, will allow people to use the ANBU system to get the diplo necessary to one day be Kage without needing to spend the pools to get the diplo (they spend them instead through jutsu uses)

• Like 2

ANBUs

• Additional mission that nets larger VF for village upgrades
  • Control of the Bingo Book
  • Extra VF for being a part of it
  • Aesthetic Achievement for being in one
  • Ability to change names in the ANBU itself
  • Armour/Weapons/Items for ANBUs
  • Perhaps an additional Highest Jutsu
  • Extra SP destruction during War - Set amount of ANBUs per village
Edited by DoctorBurBen

I mostly just agree with everything Azrael said.

If ANBU could work harder to increase the number of VF they got per kill, then not only would it give the squads something to work for, but it would give villages a good reason to upgrade the number of squads they could have. 

Increasing the content available to squad members in the ANBU Shop would help a lot as well as requiring squads to have a certain amount of kills to unlock certain items.

Idk about having S rank missions be ANBU based, that would kind of hurt anyone who isn't allowed into a squad and would be another thing that outlaws couldn't have (unless outlaws would start getting ANBU squads...)

Here's a fun idea based off what DBB just said with healing/destroying SP in war, you could make it so squads heal more if they've reached thresholds of defense points and destroy more if they've reached thresholds for assault points...

ANBUs

• Additional mission that nets larger VF for village upgrades
  • Control of the Bingo Book
  • Perhaps an additional Highest Jutsu

Pretty much this.

1. Anbu members should generate extra VF both when they kill and are killed

like people said above, more content to unlock with kills

reduced hospital time/cost

reduced ramen cost

Daily ANBU mission, if there was a way for 3+ anbu members to fight an NPC to gain VF that could be really fun and coordinate players.

ANBU Mask

Guest Faithy

I am confused about the ANBU aren't exclusive part. Does this mean ANBU leader can't stop people for joining them and there is infinite room? If a leader picks who joins and the ANBU has limited room then I am afraid it will become exclusive for some people. Samui for example don't allow anyone they deem to be a leecher to join ANBU or Clans.

Anyway

I am not sure how the extra VF will work since we will have 3x vf from the loyalty bonus. 

Also adding extra missions for ANBU people might be unfair if the potential exclusivity which I mentioned above still remains. 

I made this "pick your benefits" idea in the Missions Town Hall but it could apply to ANBU as well.

Somewhere in the ANBU page each player can pick an ANBU benefit that has a 24h cooldown so people can't swap them instantly depending on the situation. 

The benefits could range from

Trophy Hunter - You take the defeated foe's headband and hand it in for Ryo! 

[This is automatic so you just get ryo upon kill, you have a base ryo reward which decreases/increases based on your and your opponent's exp]

Tryhard - Decrease missions timer by 10min!

[This is only if the future missions update get a 30min cooldown. And since missions will have a cap per day the decrease in cooldown won't be unfair]

Senpai - The cost to train jutsus in both time and ryo is decreased. Maybe even decrease usage cost in battles.

Wolverine - Decreased cost of hospital and ramen!

[With other decrease benefits within the game a player could focus on them and bring their costs down super low]

Nightmare - Lower the AI encounters because you are way too scary to attack!

Careful - Your items have a chance of not being damaged or consumed in battles vs Humans!

[Maybe even have no item depletion vs AI even after the update that re-enables it so people can keep healing on them]  

The names of those benefits are just random example names!

ANBU S Rank Missions.

In core 1 or early c2 (I forgot) we had S-rank missions in the ANBU which required multiple people to complete. We should bring that back but they should give VF and Ryo instead of stats. Stat gain will be unfair because everyone won't be able to do these. The teamwork and activity of these players who do S-rank missions will benefit the entire village. It gives a new way to gain VF since activity for raiding is so low. 

• Like 1

By exclusive it just means that the system can't mandate who joins. Players certainly can.

Mostly what everyone has said. Pretty sure this idea was tossed out before. Individual stat tracker next to the users name in the ANBU showcasing their Assault and Defence points.

Not so much a do, but a nice aesthetic touch.

Perhaps adding extra rank-like (not real ranks) within the ANBU. Tracker, Hunter, Vanguard things of that nature for a more personal touch.

Edited by DarkenWolf

@Darken's Idea: Yea, that would be really nice, I forgot about that...especially since if you are fled from, you get a win, but not ANBU points. It would also make it a lot easier for squad leaders to keep track of kills...

After enough points they can gain additional VF per kill. giving them a total of 2 extra VF (5 total if they have loyalty bonus)

Anbu Armor and Weapons For chuunin, Jounin, and EJ.

positive diplo per kill, will allow people to use the ANBU system to get the diplo necessary to one day be Kage without needing to spend the pools to get the diplo (they spend them instead through jutsu uses)

S rank missions shouldn't be reserved for ANBU but instead be difficult missions for individual players.

HOWEVER, ANBU exclusive "missions" preferably titled "OPERATION"'s that require multiple users to coordinate to complete them sounds like a MAGNIFICENT idea, they could reward Ryo, VF, and Assault or Defense points depending on the operation type.

ANBUs

Bingo book control is unnecessary, and another 'Highest" jutsu that would never / rarely be used doesnt help anyone.

With the things i agree and disagree with out of the way, I'm going to give some guidelines and input on what is nessecarry to make ANBU a useful feature that serves multiple purposes and overall creates a much more satisfying gaming experience.

With that being said for ANBU to become a relevant feature it would need to become a little more Akin to the clan system, allowing  assault and defense points to be used to unlock upgrades and features- similar things to what clans offer except permanent, and with much more effort required to receive them.

Similar to VF and Village Upgrades, ANBU squads should have levels in various fields that unlock bonuses for the members, at exorbitant cost of course- preferably at a low level caps for said upgrades at 3 5 or 10 unlike villages 255, some examples of potential upgrades would be as follows.

Assault Upgrades

Additional VF Gain per kill:   Max +3 Members  for +5 Clan leader @ level 3 Total of 6 with loyality for members 8 with loyalty for clan leader

Hospital Cost Reduction:  Max 15% @ LVL 3

Ramen Cost Reduction: Max 15% @ LVL 3

AI Encounter Reduction: Max 6% @ LVL 3

Defense Upgrades

ANBU Squad Shop: Unlock at lvl 1 and better weapons, items and armor each level to 3

Squad Size Increase: Max + 3 Per level max 3 for a total of 19 Per squad MAX

Operation Cool-down Reduction: No idea how this would remotely work but same max level as the rest

Village Armor Buff: Small boost like village walls Max level 3

These are not representative of what i would hope or think the final outlines to look like, but instead given examples, and i cant reiterate this enough, these should be a grind fest to buy, and each level should be a magnitude harder to achieve than the previous, upgrades should be permanentand cannot be sold, and purchasing them would be a SIGNIFICANT choice, which brings me to my next point.

ANBU needs to have the member count increased by 1 from base to 10, and implement a co-leader system more intensive than clans, 3 co leaders to act as a check and balance to insure that points are spent properly and totalitarian squad leaders don't hold position, this would also mitigate the workload of accepting and declining users entering and exiting clans, co leaders should be chosen when founding an ANBU and then their position retained during a monthly voting poll by the remaining squad population as an additional check and balance to make sure points are going where they need to be and users feel a sense of control.

Point expenditure and renaming must be approved by co-leaders, squad leader can vote to kick co leaders which must have majority vote between other  co-leaders and  user poll for squad majority.

Now to expand on "Operations"  ANBU's squad missions, we all know that a re-balancing of missions is going to be going away and the death of the 3 hour alarm lifestyle is upon us, i suggest Operations to fill this gap for the hardcore among us that have grown accustom to the lifestyle, giving impressive gains for the village instead of themselves.

I want to say 3 Hours cool down 2 with max reduction level bought in ANBU upgrades, various levels of operation to insure whoever is online at the time can run them be it one uber, two mid-game players, or a newly starting chuunin running a single man operation

OPERATION GRADEs

D:  Can be completed by a single EJ Jounin or Chuunin with sufficient stats,

C-1:  Can be completed by  2 Chuunin, a particularly powerful jounin, or an average EJ

C-2:  Can be completed by  1 Chuunin and 1 Jounin, 2 Jounin, or a Chuunin  and an average EJ

C-3:  Can be completed by  3 Chuunin of sufficient skill, 2 Jounin, or a particularly powerful EJ

B-1:  Can be completed by  2 Powerful Chuunin, 2 Average Jounin, or a Powerful EJ

B-2:  Can be completed by  3 Powerful Chuunin + 1 Average Jounin, 2 Powerful Jounin, 1 Powerful EJ

B-3:  Can be completed by  2 Powerful Chuunin + 1 Powerful Jounin, 2 Powerful Jounin, or 2 Powerful EJ

A-1:  Can be completed by  4 Powerful Chuunin, 3 Powerful Jounin, or 2 Powerful EJ

A-2:  Can be completed by  1 Powerful Chuunin + 3 Powerful Jounin or 2 Powerful Jounin + 1 Powerful EJ, or 2 Powerful EJ

A-3:  Can be completed by  3 Powerful Jounin + Powerful EJ or 3 Powerful EJ

S:  Can be completed by  Literally an entire squad 10 People+ wailing on one AI

This would create a much better PVE experience for players and cover a wide variety of available players throughout the day depending on who is available when operation time cool-down is completed- downside to this is it needs to be chosen and activated by a Squad or Co-Squad leader.

My eyes hurt from looking at this white background, and i have more input and ideas but i feel like this is a good enough base post for people to dissect before moving forward.

1. Unlockable upgrades through Assault/Defense points.

-Reduce Hosp cost

-Reduce Ramen cost

-Reduce Map AI encounters

-ANBU shop level 1 - 5

-Increase ANBU member count. 1 - 10

-Increase VF value for kills/getting killed.

2. Personal A/D counter
  3. Return the achievement for being in one.
  4. Return the achievement for being a former ANBU.
  5. Add an achievement for ANBU leader.
  6. Kage-option to change ANBU name.
  7. Proper use of ANBU shop. (links with 1)
  8. ANBU missions: (This is tricky. AI setups are so basic that it's hard to make something decent we don't already have)

My little round-up of the above that I wouldn't mind seeing added to ANBU. I put 8 in italics since, as stated, AI setup is rather basic. I can't do to much with it to make something like Arphee suggested happen. AI interfaces need ot change for that, so even if we wanted it, I wouldn't expect it to happen within a decent timeframe. The others shouldn't be to hard to implement.

"But Pana! Why no S-rank missions?"

Largely like Arphee said. I mentioned in the first post that ANBU's aren't exclusive. However, they are limited. Which means not everyone will be able to join.

I intended for S-ranks, to be group-Missions. Whist they can be done by ANBU's, they can also be done by a group of people that just wants to do them. Making them ANBU exclusive locks out a lot of people from doing these missions.

• Like 2

My little round-up of the above that I wouldn't mind seeing added to ANBU. I put 8 in italics since, as stated, AI setup is rather basic. I can't do to much with it to make something like Arphee suggested happen. AI interfaces need ot change for that, so even if we wanted it, I wouldn't expect it to happen within a decent timeframe. The others shouldn't be to hard to implement.

Sounds like a plan to me,  implement what can be done and leave the rest as stretch goals, prioritize whats necessary to make ANBU functional and relevant over fluff features intended to build sense of community and increase activity.

Looking forward to the next Town-Hall.