The Ninja Forum
Cedzen

Town Hall: War 2

How does my village guard stack up guys?

Guest Faithy

I already thought about that Shika... but it never happened during the c3.1 war... not even Samui did that when they locked down Silence... only people who had the least chance of dying raided us. 

I also noticed a situation today where the cfh is being utilized in an interesting way:

Kenshin will battle hold me a joy in until he can cfh.

He cfh's and nate who has 35 mil shows up and after kenshin 1 shots me nate rakes in the SP of 15 or 20 or so.

This is an isolated incident but this is an exploit and a problem with the SP formula

but it never happened during the c3.1 war... not even Samui did that when they locked down Silence...

Sorry Faithy, I'm not sure what you're talking about. What didn't Samui do?

And Vanish, like I said before, if SP healed/destroyed was a flat rate and the amount healed and destroyed per kill was equal, then that type of abuse would no longer be possible. It sounds like Ced might be agreeing to that anway.

Guest Faithy

Sorry Faithy, I'm not sure what you're talking about. What didn't Samui do?

This!! 

I

V

For example, if you have 5 of the weakest chuunin in the game trying to raid Samui while Kenshin is the loan defender, he might one hit any of those chuunin, but if that chuunin battle holds, then by the time their battle is over, the other 4 chuunin will all be in battle against the AI.

This does not work! Samui was the best communicating and most tryhard village and yet only 1 or 2 of their non-top10 players were seen village camping. Core 2 mass raids are over, the game is too dead to hope that anyone can muster up a weakling army and fill up 2 pages of the combat list. Players have developed PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) when it comes to enter an enemy village. 

I believe the PvE community is way larger which is why people prefer to talk in tavern instead of compete in stats and pvp statistics. Hell even my suggestion will only have a few players who go all out trying to kill all them AI :P

Edited by Faithy
  • Like 1

first off, I'd like to point out that we certainly did try to use noobs, but in being noobs, they either got bored quick or were scared off by the first enemy they saw. 

secondly, I too was using CFH against a weak shroudie to help bingo get pvp for healling me. I didn't know there was a bug like that though o-o sorry shroud. 

Now to the point at hand.

instead of discussing have AI in the wild, or AI in the village... how about... both?

for village AI:

make the sabotage timer 30-45 seconds. make it a choice to attack, not auto attacked. 

For travel AI:

make it so people with more higher than the village pvp average cannot attack them. that would stop PvP players from killing AI and players for insane amounts of SP destruction.

Edit: also for the white peace option, VF could work, but since there is VF lost daily during war this could make peace no longer an option for both sides to spend as the war progresses. however both villages would have structures they could spend. Since the peace option needs to be accepted by both parties (lest it become abusable) both villages should have to sacrifice a structure level. If they can code it to be a non regen structure, that would be superb. but if not, then I still think a random structure to be best. o-o

Edited by AzraelsGrace

If they can code it to be a non regen structure, that would be superb. but if not, then I still think a random structure to be best. o-o

No worries about that.

TNR has shown that it can code things to be non-regen specific (aka, one of the syndicate option to sabotage a non-regen structure)

Issues Regarding the Current War System:

Consequences aside, the current issues I have noticed involve the amount of time it takes to war on a village. There is no honest way to balance out a Player v. Player war when you have a larger group of players that communicate more efficiently and are more active in playing the game. This is true for WoW, Runescape, ESO, Eve Online, any MMORPG where the objective is to capitalize and force an opponent into defeat.

The only specifically war related issue regarding war is that Territories have no usage.

Solutions and Flaws in Other Systems:

An AI War

While good in theory, I don't believe this should be the focus of the game. I would rather see other implementations of PvE that are not related to wars. Wars in their nature deal with another player's village, so the effort to beat the other players in that village should be there. It would be unfair to players who have put the time into the game and actively raid to have their SP reduced simply due to players killing an AI that they don't have control over.

I would rather see Territories to have a tile that has its own SP value, say 1000, as well as a one-time AI. Each territory has this conquerable tile in a war, and would be able to be upgraded. Example, if Shine owns the Northern Desert, they can increase SP values, the strength of the AI that players encounter upon landing on the tile, and the encounter rate of that AI attacking enemy players. Once the territory is reduced to half SP, a notification is launched to all players involved in the war.

Players would reduce SP the same as they do now - killing enemy players, sitting on the territory capital tile, and the addition of the AI destruction.

For further territory use, the currency of upgrades could be different from VF. It could be War Points, gained through actions done during war or a potential daily mission. Some territories could generate War Points as well, reduce the hospital costs, or give players reduced AI encounter ratings. Additionally, these territories would factor into a village's total SP.

That would do three things: give players more to do in the game, allow both low end and high end players to participate more effectively in the war, and give territories a meaning.

Issues:

This system is more complex, and could potentially draw wars out even longer. Simple fix to that is to edit the values of SP destruction and restoration.

"White Peace" Option and Vassal System

Personally, I'm inclined to say that when a village declares a war, they need to own up to their decision. I do see the need for the White Peace option, in the event that two villages reach a standstill. There is a better solution, however.

Not sure if Nexi has mentioned this yet, I'm reading down the entire thread. But having wars last a certain amount of time and having the village who has destroyed the most SP win the war. I think that is a fine idea. Vassal system should still be in effect - but that is going into the consequences of war.

Not Restoring SP

While this would shorten wars, it doesn't let players feel like they have an impact in the war. It might be cool to allow players to craft items or every x losses, players gain an item that restores their structures by five. Obviously, defending a village should not discredit destroying a village otherwise there is next to no point in warring at all.

Issues:

Players could spam these items or purposefully die. Would need to make the system discourage players purposefully dying, and the items usable only x times.

Villages Having the Same SP

The issue with villages having the same SP lies in alliances. It's not exactly fair to the village that is allied on to have to destroy 1.75 villages while two groups of players destroy 1.0 villages. Instead, make the territories contribute to SP values for whoever conquers them during the war, and have a time limit on how long the war lasts.

CFH SP Issues

Penalizing Jounin for successfully CFHing on an EJ during a war is idiotic. EJ have higher stats and looking only at endgame will kill a Jounin without issue. Not looking at endgame, the few Jounin that can CFH on the weaker EJ would be robbed of their accomplishment of taking an EJ down. During war players are meant to be in communication, and that includes blocking players for CFHing. This is entirely up to the village to do, but Jounin should not be penalized for CFH killing EJ, they should be rewarded. It doesn't matter if EJ don't choose to be in a CFH or not - no player gets to choose if they get in a battle, period. 

More SP Destroyed By Higher Ranks

This is also a poor idea, and leaves less of an incentive to cap certain ranks to become elite in that rank group. Even if players higher up have (in theory) higher hospital bills and HP, those players can send the players below them to the hospital more than enough times to compensate for that. All passive SP destruction should be the same amount across the board, although it should be increased.

Villagers Not Leaving Despite Ally-Killing

If you prevent villagers from leaving due to ally-killing, you not only will have players constantly staying awake to ally kill and mess with a village, you will encourage players to let themselves be killed to end a war earlier. 

Instead, you could allow players who ally kill to be jailed for a certain amount of time after ally-killing. Otherwise, players will just leak SP to the enemy village.

Villages Getting Too Far Ahead

The absolute boring state of war, the length of time it takes to carry the war out, and the absolute exhaustion from constantly trying to defend your village while also trying to destroy the opponent's village is more than enough incentive for players not to declare war. War as it is is absolutely exhausting - I have gone from nine hours of sleep down to two and a half in the past four days because of it. Villages should be able to get as far ahead as they want, provided they put the effort into their village. I would like to see a system where players are instead given an incentive to be an active member, and control their progress in TNR - and I think villages should be given the same thing. In terms of wars, there needs to be a reward for winning, it cannot become another pointless feature like the Sensei and ANBU systems.

Synopsis

The changes I think that should be brought to the war system are: territories in the map are capitalized by both villages during wars, winning a territory would give the winner a portion of the SP they just destroyed and conquered, AI would be placed in all these territories for a non-over powering PvE aspect, and the amount of SP destroyed would increase across the board. Out of War, territories can be upgraded using War Points earned during wars and with a new set of three daily missions. Clans in each village will claim a territory - up to five, including the village territory. So, each clan can own 1 territory. Each clan earns these war points to spend on their respective territories. Depending on how active players are in their clans, will determine how strong the AI is, the chance of enemies encountering AI, and how much SP is gained. Territories can also give a timed bonus to SP destruction or restoration, War Point income, or hospital bills. 

Ultimately, that is the direction I think the War System should be headed in. PvE aspects should definitely be implemented, but not as prevalent during wars. Adding missions will give another PvE effect, but there is much, much more that could be added in terms of PvE - however that is off topic. This also does not address the impacts of winning or losing a war - something to be saved for the next discussion.

make it a choice to attack, not auto attacked. 

This would probably be fair Azra. Are you thinking that if they don't attack they can sabotage a point the regular way or just that if they don't want to attack the AI they can wait for players to wake up to attack?

I'm having trouble with moving that top quote bubble down, so I'm just going to bold this. Faithy, I wasn't referring to Samui sending a bunch of noobs in, I was talking about our villages sending noobs in while one of Samui's perma chuunin are defending. Idk about Silence, but we would have had a lot more people participating in this war had we not told everyone to stay away from Samui because of the bug that made it look like they were healing every thing back at a ridiculous rate.

make it so people with more higher than the village pvp average cannot attack them.

I can see how this would be a good idea, but then again, could a player just stop getting pvp and then spam this?

Penalizing Jounin for successfully CFHing on an EJ during a war is idiotic. EJ have higher stats and looking only at endgame will kill a Jounin without issue. Not looking at endgame, the few Jounin that can CFH on the weaker EJ would be robbed of their accomplishment of taking an EJ down

You know DBB, you sure write a lot of stuff without a lot of it being correct...the above quote is so wrong. You have no idea. Do you think that Zaki is a weak EJ? Cause he gets killed by CFH all the time. At end game, an EJ will beat a jounin 1 on 1, sure, but it won't even be close when you include CFH. I just fought Naga 1 on 1 for the first time in a while yesterday, I want to say the battle lasted around 9 rounds. When you consider this, at end game, EJ wont have a chance to even DKO two jounin in a CFH, it would be easy for the jounin to both leave the battle without dying and very possible with healing items to turn these into 3v1 fights. We aren't asking for a penalty to CFHers. We're just asking that if you die, but are able to kill one of them that it will balance out.

Even if players higher up have (in theory) higher hospital bills and HP, those players can send the players below them to the hospital more than enough times to compensate for that

You're assuming that players of higher rank are able to sit in a village killing weaker players without anyone stopping them. Sure, there are a few players who can do this, but for the majority of us, we can't. The point is that for 99.9% of players in the game, you are risking being caught and killed when you try to sabotage, so in that case, you're trading a higher number of SP destroyed for a higher amount of ryo risked.

Instead, you could allow players who ally kill to be jailed for a certain amount of time after ally-killing. Otherwise, players will just leak SP to the enemy village.

I mean, I already said this, you could save a lot of space by just saying, "I agree with this."...

I'm doing another bolded section so everyone knows this has nothing to do with the above line and quote bubble. This is just an quick thought that I haven't developed at all yet, but what would you guys think if war was fought in territories. You take territories by sabotaging points or killing players in a territory, when the territory's SP is gone, you get the territory (temporarily), once a village has lost all their territories, the war is over. Or we could have it so there is a much shorter traditional style war in the village to finish the war off. This might allow for a little more strategy in the war and more inclusion for weaker players. Like I said, I haven't really thought much about this, but it might be worth putting some thought into.

Edit: Forgive me for parts of the bold that were DBB's ideas...I didn't feel like reading that whole post in depth...

Edited by Shikayaru

Village AI:

Im only going to suggest an auto attack for an AI in the village... and its a random encounter just if you were running around in normal squares. This encounter only happens in the village.

Having more things to worry about can make the game more challenging. That's strictly my opinion and its most likely not true for everyone else.

This will slows down raiders during war times and help prevent village shutdowns, which is very discouraging for everyone who doesn't have 400mil exp X_x

I think that's the best Strategy for the current amount of user base that we currently have.

Territories:

Having the choice of attacking spawning territory AI is probably the best way to deal with that situation. That way noobs can choose to attack or not, this also prevents players from passing through that territory on accident and getting attacked.

I still want CAPS because I think there's room for abuse, but I think that's a dead horse at this point lol.

Edited by vanish

I'm just gonna cry here for a minute because I had a super lengthy, Shikayaru proud post, and my windows crashed and it all disappeared. Sob sob. Time to see if I can retype all that stuff.

• Main mechanics.
I would rather see Territories to have a tile that has its own SP value, say 1000, as well as a one-time AI. Each territory has this conquerable tile in a war, and would be able to be upgraded. Example, if Shine owns the Northern Desert, they can increase SP values, the strength of the AI that players encounter upon landing on the tile, and the encounter rate of that AI attacking enemy players. Once the territory is reduced to half SP, a notification is launched to all players involved in the war.

Players would reduce SP the same as they do now - killing enemy players, sitting on the territory capital tile, and the addition of the AI destruction.

That would do three things: give players more to do in the game, allow both low end and high end players to participate more effectively in the war, and give territories a meaning.

This is just an quick thought that I haven't developed at all yet, but what would you guys think if war was fought in territories. You take territories by sabotaging points or killing players in a territory, when the territory's SP is gone, you get the territory (temporarily), once a village has lost all their territories, the war is over. Or we could have it so there is a much shorter traditional style war in the village to finish the war off. This might allow for a little more strategy in the war and more inclusion for weaker players.

Territories as Doc said, really has no purpose.
You can’t restore SP, you can’t deplete SP, you can’t get PVP, you can’t scout for all the territories you own, you don’t get stronger, there are no walls for defense, there is absolutely no benefits to owning territories aside from making the travel map all pretty with splotches of colours. It would be really cool, if we can incorporate all the ideas we’ve got relating to Territories and combined them into one so that it can 1) make things more strategy based 2) involve all ranges of players 3) bring back fun multiplayer battles (cause 10v10 is super fun).

How this would work is, territories owned by the villages at war have their own amount of SP to be depleted. I’m not gonna say restored cause then it’ll just add to the length of the war and we don’t want to make this into a month long war. Assuming that territories do, do all the things that I stated they can’t – primarily benefit the owners – then it could be played out like quoted where enemies will need to deplete them. Of course this can be bypassed so they can just aim at the enemy instead, HOWEVER, I think it’ll be cool to make territories in war, similar to an event, where after a certain amount of SP is reduced – say the last 100 or something from 1000, then a “boss fight†happens. This will be similar to the AI fights that Faithy suggested earlier in the thread where it can be considered a “guard†and defeating it would result to destroying SP of the village AND the enemies can take control over the territory temporarily. (I’m a little iffy on the temp right now cause if the loser loses, the territory will still be theirs).  I can’t think of a “what would happen if the enemies fail to beat the boss†since it seems to be mostly lengthening the time of the war.

This boss fight will act similar to a territory battle where its AI difficulty is considered hard or possibly even super hard. One thing I would like to add is that rank should not be separated into their own little boss fights just because it’s stupid, boring and TNR honestly doesn’t have that much players. To expand on why, assuming a village has more than three territories, if the maximum amount of players in a fight is 10x10, then it’ll make the fighting villages strategically choose who goes in which boss fight in which territory against which people. I like having all the ranks be able to fight each other personally and I think that this would be a good place to do so… make it like the only place where chuunins and EJs can hurt each other, otherwise, it’d be weird if 10 people joined from both sides and it’s 5 chuunins and 5 Ejs. Lol. Plus teamwork!! I can expand more but I think this is a good enough gist for now.

Personally, I think this opinion is probably more fun than just sitting in a village for minutes and watching one point tick by and/or defeating people who wake up, though that option still stays. Of course, if this all gets rejected, I do agree with having a time limit where whoever has the most SP wins. (Yes I did suggest something like that Doc in my first post). The only thing I will be picky about is the amount of SP each village will have. While I like equalizing SPs across the board…

The issue with villages having the same SP lies in alliances. It's not exactly fair to the village that is allied on to have to destroy 1.75 villages while two groups of players destroy 1.0 villages. Instead, make the territories contribute to SP values for whoever conquers them during the war, and have a time limit on how long the war lasts.

…as Doc noted, it sort of isn’t fair in terms of alliance situations.

That’s why I think there should be some sort of equation or formula/math, whatever the term should be, that makes it so that it’s still equal but the group that has the less amount of “villages†(say it’s a 3v2 situation), the 2 village alliance group will have slightly more than the 3 village alliance group. Yes, village, not villagers. The counter for villagers is bugged anyways. Territories contributing to the overall amount would only favor the ones with more territories and I’m highly against that since it is possible for villages with territory to be OP.

• Side mechanics.
It might be cool to allow players to craft items or every x losses, players gain an item that restores their structures by five. Obviously, defending a village should not discredit destroying a village otherwise there is next to no point in warring at all.

I’ve actually had this conversation with Shika, Kave and Darken back when we were planning out some alternatives for profession and how to fix the boring feature. One of the things we talked about was having crafters craft things that would potentially increase / restore SP. I figure the increasing of SP probably wouldn’t be accepted, but what about restoring? I think it’s possible, since it’ll be similar to how herbalist and chef work in regards to stacking hospital and ramen supply, and it can also involve the players that don’t want to get involved actively. Not everyone can be in front of a computer day in and day out and there are clearly times when we aren’t online due to work, school, whatever else we have planned for life. I think that with this profession addition, it’ll give the people who are busy at school or work or likes to talk in the tavern, a chance to help out the village so they don’t feel too completely useless.

Suggestion:
A simple chuunin capped level craft that will take approximately one hour to create and restores 20 SP. Values can be changed of course granted it doesn’t take anything past 80 minutes. I decided chuunin because having one for each rank seems stupid and it’s better to not make this OP in a sense where higher ranks can restore more for x amount of time.

Passive helpers – crafting to restore SP
Active helpers – raiding to destroy / defending to restore

• Additional Comments.

I really don’t want to comment on the part where CFH should be penalized because it’s bugged and unless the bug makes things worse, then any topic about it is irrelevant. I do want to just point out this… EJs really aren’t in that much of an elite state as most people believe they are. Sure our stat caps are just slightly higher, but we’re not earning them any faster than a typical Jounin. Unless we get our own EJ EM missions that give us EJ stats like regular missions do, then please don’t argue about this topic.

I also won’t branch into the SP destroyed by ranks because basing things on ranks is stupid. SP reduction should just be the same across the board regardless if you’re a chuunin, jounin or EJ.

There. I managed to decrease it from 5 pages to 3.
Rejoice!

Edited by Nexilus

Syndicate should have a purpose in war also, feels like we're out casted while all the other villages have fun

Regarding Shika's Posts:

Me Being "Incorrect" About EJ and Jounin

I could be incorrect, but somewhere I read that 1 EJ with a summon would need three Jounin to take him out endgame. Regardless, what you're lacking to consider the majority of the population that is Jounin are not people that can CFH on Zaki. They are not Nagarochi, MephistoZaje, or Nuktuk. They are players that are one hit by EJ. Regardless of end game and definitely current game, you will be shirking the point of Calling for Help. But then again, you want EJ to kill Chuunin as well, giving no point to rank holding. EJ for master race.

Higher Rank Players Sitting In Villages

Again, you're missing the point. Whether it is sitting in villages, or sitting outside villages waiting to attack a weaker member attempting to sabotage, any player of "higher rank" (has nothing to do with rank aside from HP dictating hospital bills) will be able to kill that member over and over without the player causing the player to go in the hospital. If that player goes into the other person's village, they are obviously still susceptible to being attacked like anyone else, they just pay for having a higher amount of HP and the ability to kill more players. I'm not sure what the issue is that you're finding here, or if you're specifically targeting things that will make EJ life easier for you. EJs have higher stat caps and therefore they should pay for their hospital bills. There are things you can do to lower hospital bills such as being an herbalist or increasing your hospital upgrade. The idea of letting EJ deplete more SP just on a basis of the cost of their hospital bills is absolutely ridiculous.

"Saying I Agree.."

You are aware, you basically complained at me reiterating points and then did it as well, right?

Regarding Nexilus's Posts

Territory Explained

I like the idea of a territory boss - BUT, having a super hard boss won't really do much to include newer/weaker players. Perhaps there could be a grouping system and the boss bases it's stats off of your current group? That most likely wouldn't be efficient but it would be fair for all players.

I was thinking since each village has 5 clans, the maximum territories they could control would be five. Each clan would have to claim a territory, and there would need to be a penalty for leaving a clan. The penalty would be so players don't just leave one clan to the next. The thing with War Points would be that only players in those clans would generate them, through missions and through war. Only the clan would be able to upgrade their respective territories, but the entire village can defend them. It would also be cool if Syndicate (since they're constantly at war) could seize a territory and use it as a mini base - actually. Not only just the Syndicate. All village should be able to do that. Once a territory is taken over, it's SP and upgrades would receive a cut to prevent a village with more OP players seizing it back, just to make it harder to take back.

Crafting War Items

Crafting system seems fair at 20 SP / 1 hour. Makes sense. 

Additional Comments

EJ also have higher regeneration, and now can gain more PvP than before. You may not be getting HP and generals at an accelerated pace, but your core specialization stats will be. Again, I think it's important to note that the majority of the Jounin community cannot CFH on top-end EJ (as they shouldn't) and the only reason this would even remotely be an issue is because the Jounin that can CFH on top-end EJ are active and constantly doing it. It's checks and balances, and a kill is a kill. If you don't want CFH to be an issue, you and your village need to coordinate better to block calls for help.

Syndicate's Role In Wars

Given that the Syndicate is practically useless compare to other villages and used to make ryo alts more than having actual members, whatever system we put in place should also include them. Unfortunately, Syndicate is constantly at war with everyone and have no location that carries SP to deplete. One simple change would be to have them not be at war with everyone - but that basically makes them a village that can rob players. Another would be to allow Syndicate to just roam and destroy SP whenever they want, and capture them. This will allow villages to constantly be at risk of losing territories from these bandits and marauders. 

Additional Issues; Territory-based System

If you take an active village such as Shroud, Silence, or Samui, and pit it up against a village that does not have as many players such as Shine or Konoki, the system of territory conquering will be out of balance. The easiest solution is to make it so that a village can claim 5 terrs, without clans, but this causes the same issue. Having more players = more War Points gained = better Territories. And honestly, I cannot come up with a solution to this - nor am I sure there should be a solution. If a village has more players, who are actively playing the game, why should they be penalized for that? I'd like to see Clans have an actual purpose, however. 

Ultimately, the strong players with the best communication will always band together and excel. That's the nature of any game. I think maybe instead of trying to equalize everything when you have a community of players like that, we really need to focus on just adding more things to the game for people to enjoy. This doesn't have to be "fair" because "fairness" is dependent on the individual villages. Instead "balancing," we should focus on just adding features that will have everyone enjoy the game. Playing Eve, ESO, any other MMORPG is enjoyable not because players are better than anyone else, but because of the community. We are declining in population (although the past few days have been pretty high in population) because we don't have a solid content base, and so the actions of certain players have more of an impact.

TNR has brought us here for one reason or another, but isolating groups of players because there is more of them and they work better together is not the way we need to go. Changes need to happen to the war system indefinitely, but there are other solutions that can make things seems better. Closing the gap between new and old players is one solution - allowing players to train as much as they want, when they want, will only help players and net a user base that feels they want to be here instead of needing to be here to prevent themselves from falling behind. Having a solid storyline of the villages that we can improve on with events will keep players invested in TNR as a game. Allowing the Uncharted to be discovered is another idea that can be implemented.

Ultimately, we can continue trying to "balance" the war system - but what really needs to change is the way players train. It's not going to be fair to the players that were here before, but at least they can use the feature too. In terms of the war system, I think giving Clans more of a function and limiting the amount of territories villages have - but not the Syndicate - would make it a more engaging and enjoyable experience. Having the wars last a certain amount of time and having whichever village does the most damage/destroys all enemy SP win will reduce the frustration of villages having more SP. An AI boss will only bring another enjoyable element to the game. Crafting SP restoration items is also a good plan. All of this being added are good ideas for the war system to be more interactive and enjoyable to all.

I don't know if this has already been requested but maybe make SP healing limited to an occupation similar to medics. Maybe add in an occupation like 'Engineer" and they can expand their pools to restore a village's SP. So in that way even the weaker ones like me can contribute to the war in some way.

Because some of us might not be able to sit on villages due to work/real-life and we don't know when there will be a raid so we don't know if we will even be on when it happens. So the roles will be split between raiders and surgeon/healers/medics and carpenters/engineers.

I don't know if this has already been requested but maybe make SP healing limited to an occupation similar to medics. Maybe add in an occupation like 'Engineer" and they can expand their pools to restore a village's SP. So in that way even the weaker ones like me can contribute to the war in some way.

Depends on how much sp you'd recover per chakra and or stamina usage

that's a neat Idea. make it .1 sp per level going up .1 until it caps 200 (20 sp per use). but how much would it cost in pools? I'd say a large percentage of total pools per use from 20-75% but if there is a better solution I can't think of it xD

Edited by AzraelsGrace

Because some of us might not be able to sit on villages due to work/real-life and we don't know when there will be a raid so we don't know if we will even be on when it happens. So the roles will be split between raiders and surgeon/healers/medics and carpenters/engineers.

I think it should run like errands rather than an occupation

Guest Faithy

Folks... the repair of Structure Points is the least of our problems.

The current war system seems to mostly favor the strongest players.

I would like to see it be like an event that allows as many players as possible to participate. 

Maybe we need a town hall on how to make TNR more addicting and streamlined.

Unlike right now when we are forced to conduct scientific experiments just to find out information that isn't in the manual.

Regarding Shika's Posts:

Me Being "Incorrect" About EJ and Jounin

I could be incorrect, but somewhere I read that 1 EJ with a summon would need three Jounin to take him out endgame. Regardless, what you're lacking to consider the majority of the population that is Jounin are not people that can CFH on Zaki. They are not Nagarochi, MephistoZaje, or Nuktuk. They are players that are one hit by EJ. Regardless of end game and definitely current game, you will be shirking the point of Calling for Help. But then again, you want EJ to kill Chuunin as well, giving no point to rank holding. EJ for master race.

Higher Rank Players Sitting In Villages

Again, you're missing the point. Whether it is sitting in villages, or sitting outside villages waiting to attack a weaker member attempting to sabotage, any player of "higher rank" (has nothing to do with rank aside from HP dictating hospital bills) will be able to kill that member over and over without the player causing the player to go in the hospital. If that player goes into the other person's village, they are obviously still susceptible to being attacked like anyone else, they just pay for having a higher amount of HP and the ability to kill more players. I'm not sure what the issue is that you're finding here, or if you're specifically targeting things that will make EJ life easier for you. EJs have higher stat caps and therefore they should pay for their hospital bills. There are things you can do to lower hospital bills such as being an herbalist or increasing your hospital upgrade. The idea of letting EJ deplete more SP just on a basis of the cost of their hospital bills is absolutely ridiculous.

Just as the majority of the jounin population aren't said ubers, the majority of the EJ population isn't Zaki.

As of now, the incentive to rank up to EJ is thin. The number of kills an EJ can get is far less than what a jounin or chuunin can get. Furthermore, jounin get a significant boost to HP gains from EM missions compared to chuunin, while the same cannot be said for the difference between EJ and jounin. EJ also have their jutsu "reset", as they need to train new (and expensive) EJ jutsu while shedding their old jounin ones. Hospital bills are just another problem on their list. EJ are supposed to be the powerhouses of the game, the strongest of all players, yet they make the smallest impact in wars. Perhaps the balancing factors shouldn't necessarily come from war mechanics, but they need to come from somewhere. EJ are just venting their frustration.

My proposal? Double mission gains (or even triple) of the previous rank's mission gains. But that's another story.

Edited by NamonakiHito

You can choose what to believe. I had written an entire essay about the pros and cons of EJ v. Jounin but all of that is in the Manual for you to read at your leisure. EJ EM quests is a suggestion that is already underway, I believe. Nothing in your post contributed whatsoever to the war system, and would have served better as a PM to me, or in another topic.

The issue at hand being discussed:

I kinda agree with the side note that vanish mentioned . The SP damage way needs some changes , first of all maybe the timer or at least to change the damage done by each rank . For example making so that a EJ destroys 3 points , a Jounnin destroys 2 points and a chuunin destroys 1 point within 1 min . The higher the rank the higher the hospital bills are depending on individual health . I mean it's kinda logic that the higher a player's rank the more points he destroys by staying in the opposite village .

Given that hospital bills factor not only a player's HP but also the effort from a village's herbalists to reduce the costs and the effort from the village as a whole to cap the Hospital structure, this makes no sense and has no place in the war system. EJ is a choice, and with it comes perks and downfalls, just like every other rank. The amount of effort each player puts into the war should not be diminished just because one rank has a higher HP cap and has to pay more ryo in hospital bills. 

The other issue I am discussing is:

We aren't asking for a penalty to CFHers. We're just asking that if you die, but are able to kill one of them that it will balance out.

This, also does not make sense to me speaking from a low-end of community of Perma-Jounin that joined the game later and is easily one-hit by 90% of the EJ in the game. If I am able to CFH on an EJ who is better statistically from me, that is an accomplishment. If my CFH partner is able to answer said CFH in the middle of a war with players defending their village, that is also an accomplishment. This is not MPvP with all Commanders where everything is end-game, this is a Jounin, a player with lower stat caps, and another Jounin, lasting four turns on an EJ and being able to kill that EJ with only one person dying. It is not an accomplishment to kill the Jounin because the Jounin wouldn't CFH if they did not need extra damage to kill said EJ.

Endgame: one on one, and EJ can kill Jounin. Period. Case closed. Making Jounin's points nullify only creates a situation where a war lasts longer, and gives no point to CFHing in war. We might as well all be placed in our own brackets of ranks and only be able to attack those people.

My experience throughout the war was bad. A few of these reasons are,

1. I thought it was boring and no different from regular raiding. Basically lack of creativity in the system.

2. Fights for me were mostly one-sided by me or the opponent. I either dominate my enemies or I get dominated. Not much of strategy involved it's basically just killing for the sake of killing.

3. Overall there isn't a sense of achievement or loss at winning/losing a war. I think war should be a bigger deal and both parties have to risk more.

4. I guess there's a certain loss of immersion when I saw people simply village hoping at will and swarming to Samui. And a little on how people can just sit in villages, etc,etc.

Here are just random thoughts I whipped up. I didn't exactly put too much thought into them so there might be flaws but I'm just bouncing off ideas.

• Improving HP gains can actually improve the game's balancing and bring some strategy to the table!

CFH is designed to help us combat against Those higher ranked than us such as Chunnins cfh-ing against a joinin, etc. But how can we properly use this feature if people are getting OHKO-ed by ubers? We need HP so we can survive long enough to actually make use of the CFH feature! I believe making HP easier to obtain will help in the following ways,

1. People will be less afraid/reluctant to attack those higher ranked than them as they can wall themselves long enough to cfh much more easily

2. Encourages activity during war so those young Chunnins like me don't just hide behind our walls and leech but instead actually contribute in the war.

3. Drive up player-base as people get demoralized easily when they see others have like 400m EXP while they are at 20m or something. But at least if they play long enough like say 6 months for example, they should be able to take 3hits at the very least from ubers and manage to CFH rather than just die a meaningless death. It gives a sense of contribution.

4. Ubers can't just walk in firefights solo thinking they can ohko everybody. They have to think about cfh which hopefully encourage some teamwork. Perhaps something like letting their weaker Chus bait out the enemies before striking on the main force or getting important objectives such as destroying SP, etc. So some sort of strategy will be involved. 

5. Gives smaller villages a chance to make comebacks via good strategy. Such as baiting the ubers and wasting their time/buying time so you can capture objectives,etc while they are occupied. I guess battles will last longer and fights are harder to tell if they will win since you never know who might join the cfh. More importance/focus in increasing damage while defenders/bait will focus more on defensive jutsus or stats. Villages can even appoint certain people to specialize in certain defenses to counter the ubers!

• Delivery and Transport missions(Just a side-thing to addon to war content)

These are missions with cooldowns that anybody from Chunnin and above can do. The objectives is to move to a random coordinate that the mission will assign to you. You then move said position and pick up a package. Once you are in possession of the package you might get ambushed by AI enemies of similar difficulty to missions of their rank. So Chunnins will be up again C-rank difficulty enemies while Jounins will see B-rank difficulty, etc.

These are either important documents/secrets or village resources such as medicine and food. building materials,etc. If you successfully delivered them your village will gain resources to aid in the war. Such as refilling small amounts of ramen, village-wide heals, small SP heals, or detailed description of enemy ninjas, etc.

If you die during the mission you will drop the package and the mission will still remain cooldown and you don't get any rewards. You will also drop your package if you get ambushed by enemies and they will pick it up instead. If they were to return to their village with the package the opposing village will receive the benefits instead. But they will not receive any stat gains,etc if they are added as rewards for these missions.

• Actual village walls

It's strange that people can just camp in our village or our homes and kill us if we are supposed to have walls/defenses. Shouldn't they be kept outside the village unless the village has no walls. The war should be happening outside the village and not inside. If you think about it, if an actual war is happening in your own soil, even if you drive the enemies back you would still be the one suffering the heaviest loss. No leader would allow war to happen in cities or populated areas, instead war should be fought in battlefield, AKA the outdoors, not the village interior.

This will make owning territory more advantageous to the villages as they want to control more land/influence to kick out potential raiders/attackers. These walls will be active during war so enemies can only camp 1 square outside the village. 

Also the village should have village guards like what Mei has. These village guards are AI enemies that scale with the wall levels. And these guards are strong and supposedly would require cfh and at least 2 decent Jounins to win against or an uber. Once the village guard is killed they can sit and "destroy" structures at a faster rate than 60 seconds. Possibly 1sp/30secs. So the stronger ninjas in the village has a much bigger role as leaders especially if they are ANBU leaders or clan heads,etc. And if the opposing village doesn't repel the raiders fast enough and after a certain amount of SP is destroyed from the position, enemy ninjas can breach into the enemy village which will double the rate of their SP destruction.

Active people behind the village walls will have to scout  regularly to make sure the enemy isn't camping outside the walls destroying structures. Meanwhile Genins can still hold the roles of scouts but instead they will do their scouting outside the village. 

I don't want to have to hide at home all day long and have to sneak around in my own village just so that I can train or do stuff like draw money from the bank,etc. Let me do all those proudly within the comforts of my village walls.

• Joining/leaving of a village

I believe the penalties for leaving a village should be much more severe. Or rather people shouldn't be joining/leaving the village on a whim. The village is supposedly to be their home, a place they belong and give loyalty to. There should be embassies a few squares from the village and they can submit a village joining "application" where the Kage has the right to accept/deny the request since it's his/her village. 

And if one were to leave the village they will be considered an outlaw basically a criminal. This should automatically cause a bounty to be placed on them for like 1 ryo or something so it can't be abused as well. Maybe not 1 ryo but something should be put in place to prevent abuse.

As well, the diplomacy system can be scrapped as well. Since it encourages abuse where people can do diplomacy in opposing villages and be immune to tracking which doesn't make any sense. So you are wanted by the opposing village. Everybody wants you dead. But because you got some diplomacy which means immersion-wise you are supposed to be a 'friend" of the village. How can you be a "friend" of the village by having positive diplomacy while you are in a war against the village and especially so if everybody in the village wants you dead. It just doesn't make any sense.

Also there should be some sort of balancing when distributing villagers. There should be some sort of cap where a certain village will not be able to accept new people(newbies that just joined) or outlaws(even if the Kage approves). This is so the newcomers can pour into the new villages where I am 100% sure they will do their best to keep them and cultivate new blood especially when rebuilding their village after a war.

It is a better environment to place them in villages that need them than in the more populated ones that don't need the extra influx of people. They will be in a better environment for guidance and learn the game better. Eventually love the community in their village and stay in TNR overall contributing to activity.

• War penalties

I feel that war doesn't feel like a war at all. Felt more like a silly sitting contest. War should feel more like a war. War should feel more dangerous, risky, something scary, something you don't want to go into unless you are prepared to lose. It should be an all out thing where the village has to risk much more. So fights will last longer, war will last longer, tensions will be higher, but at the end, the victor gets the cake while the opposing village will have to struggle and rebuild, learn from past mistakes, perhaps throw in some backstabbing on dirty moves and finally get back to power. I just feel like there is more to it than just sitting on a village and refreshing my combat page every second and occasionally circle around the village killing newbies that just want to train for the heck of it.

Stakes should be higher and people need to contribute more which is why I suggested to joining/leaving villages penalty and making joining villages harder so leechers don't get to mooch of village to village and instead encourages people to contribute to their village.

Losing villages should have to pay reparations where they have to contribute to the village they lost to in VFs, etc while serving as their vassal. And they will be forced to remain a vassal until they finish paying up. So they can't just purposely stop raiding,etc just so they don't have to pay for losing the war.

As for "jail"-ing of the Kage, I just don't quite see the point in it. Feels kinda useless and it doesn't help the losing village as well when they should be rebuilding and tallying their losses,etc.

Vassals will be able to borrow to power of the main village such as Shroud could use cfh and receive help from Samui. They will also receive benefits of the territory that belongs to Samui. They will also earn 2x the VF they normally get throughout the vassalage so that they can pay up faster and release themselves sooner and rebuild what they have lost.

I also don't think that the village that lost should have reduced regeneration. It's good enough that the winning village will receive a boost in VF which can go into village regen. Combine with the regen boost for winning the war. That's already good enough for the winning village. I just don't think reducing regen is a good idea especially for newbies as these villages that lost would have lost upgrades and normally would have lower regen.

• Ambush system?

Add an extra functions known as "Ambush".

• You can "scout" people 2 squares ahead and attack them.
  • You can still be tracked/scouted/challenged to combat if you do not attack.
  • Unable to move,sleep or log off for 30 seconds after using "Ambush"

Helps smartphone user or people that are slower guard/attack the faster enemies. Sometimes you may encounter an enemy who may be in battle with an AI and you could camp and spam your refresh page but it's near impossible to catch them unless they decide to stick around after winning instead of immediately running away.

With this function you get to do what it's called. You get to literally ambush your enemy while they are caught unaware. With the extra 2 tile range, you can finally get the chance to catch enemies unaware. Another use of this can be applied to war such as ambushing attackers when you catch wind of a raid,etc. 

• Add terrains to the mix?

Make the terrain of the territory you are in actually affect fights. This will make territory much more desirable. Such as if you are in a forest your earth jutsu(s) will receive a small boost in damage and effects received/dealt. And also also slightly improve stats such as speed when you have an earth affinity. 

Also throw in random mechanics such as there might be a 10% chance that a tree branch might fall off in the forest and you will have to jump to avoid it making you miss a turn. Or your attack might be blocked by a large rock in the way which might halve your damage. Basically small stuff like these which happens at a really random chance. Or if you are in territory a few tiles away from the defender's main village and you attack him/her you might also run into village patrols which will join in the battle and against you.

I probably have a few more which I might add later cause I'm tired. 

Edited by Dami

EJ is a choice, and with it comes perks and downfalls, just like every other rank. The amount of effort each player puts into the war should not be diminished just because one rank has a higher HP cap and has to pay more ryo in hospital bills.

I don't really see what is with you and this topic of EJs vs Jounins.

Each rank has it's benefits and disadvantages like you mentioned, and like Namo said. EJs right now are not very balanced. On top of all the things listed, EJs, unlike Chuunin and Jounin rankings, get nerfed until they reach a lvl30 and even then they'll still be much weaker than they were when they were a Jounin. There's way more to add from the current standpoint however that'd just be dragging on a meaningless convo. Ranks need to be discussed about being properly balanced in another convo.

If we're going by your words on "an amount of effort each player puts into the war should not be diminished because of blahblahblah", then why not just make a flat destruction rate as people have been mentioning before. That way there is none of this rank-crap business and everyone that puts in an effort is rewarded justly. Regardless if you're a chuunin, jounin, or EJ, whatever you kill / whoever you kill, would destroy x amount of points.

I believe if TNR did have a healthy amount of actively strong people spread across the villages, who didn't quit the game cause of letdowns from the past and whatnot (things we as players can't control), then this wouldn't even be brought up... but since the situation is where it is now and mainly all the active players are situated in one village, the balance of the game is very severely tipped. People are just frustrated. Let's end this topic here as well, since I believe the whole CFH thing is bugged and Cedzen has already reported this.

Moving back to the main topic.

=========================

Territories.

I like the idea of a territory boss - BUT, having a super hard boss won't really do much to include newer/weaker players. Perhaps there could be a grouping system and the boss bases it's stats off of your current group? That most likely wouldn't be efficient but it would be fair for all players.

Regular territory battles, I believe, have AIs that are considered “hard†on a rank basis, and it doesn’t really cater to newer/weaker players either, as I don’t think war should as well. (Though we are discussing a possible option in terms of passively helping via profession and occupations) I agree that having the stats be based of the group would be best in certain situations, but I doubt it would work. What I had envision for this “Territory showdown†was a 10vs10+1 player Chunnin to EJ rank free battle that forced villages to strategically plan on who should be fighting in which territory depending on who is in which area and who they are “going†to be going again. This will act as a “mini territory battle†where the defending village sends in a maximum 10 people of all pvp ranks and a self-generated AI boss (I mean, you can even reuse the territory AI if you wish) to support and defend that chunk of territory, where the aggressors will send in a maximum of 10 people to go against said fight. Can’t decide right now if the aggressors should have an AI help as well – doesn’t feel right in a boss fight… yet I know regular territory battles provide one as well… assuming it doesn’t provide one... I’m not entirely sure a 10vs10+1 would work. Perhaps a 10vs9+1 would be better, depending on how the AI will be programmed, but I believe it should have a level of higher difficulty into it, just so people have to work harder. I understand that it is possible for the 10 (assuming it’s a 9+1 formula) to be chuunins and utterly weak against the 9 (possible) EJs… but wouldn’t that be just another part of war? A stronger village can always declare war on the weakest village, and that’s just how life rolls in both games and reality.

I was thinking since each village has 5 clans, the maximum territories they could control would be five. Each clan would have to claim a territory, and there would need to be a penalty for leaving a clan. The penalty would be so players don't just leave one clan to the next. The thing with War Points would be that only players in those clans would generate them, through missions and through war. Only the clan would be able to upgrade their respective territories, but the entire village can defend them. It would also be cool if Syndicate (since they're constantly at war) could seize a territory and use it as a mini base - actually.

I think having clans take control of a specific territory is a pretty interesting idea, it’ll definitely make that feature more useful and you’ll have to plan more on which clan point goes into which feature as oppose to diplomacy, ramen and hospital or whatever the last one is. However most, if not all of the clans outside of Samui ones, is useless and just serves as another space to separate people up even more. Regarding the penalty for clan hopping, I’m not entirely sure there should be one just cause people starting the game are randomly assigned a clan and then most of them leave because their bloodline requires another clan to get their clan jutsu. However, some people also switch BLs halfway through the game, so there'd be another penalty there – assuming there is a clan BL for the higher ranks. Also… what are these war points you’re talking about? Clan points? A new point system? Village funds?

It's strange that people can just camp in our village or our homes and kill us if we are supposed to have walls/defenses. Shouldn't they be kept outside the village unless the village has no walls. The war should be happening outside the village and not inside.

This will make owning territory more advantageous to the villages as they want to control more land/influence to kick out potential raiders/attackers. These walls will be active during war so enemies can only camp 1 square outside the village.

Hmmm, so these walls become physical walls and the more levels you have, the further away they are allowed to camp from the village? I’m not sure how this would work. Or would it be so that the higher level of walls equal the toughness of it? How would camping 1 square outside the village work? They can’t deplete anything… Unless this be integrated with the above ideas where losing the boss fight or whatever we come up with that has to do with territories would deplete the physical wall thus allowing either the war to be over once it does and/or allow the actually sitting and killing and what not like right now. (Seems kind of a lengthy process)

Make the terrain of the territory you are in actually affect fights. This will make territory much more desirable. Such as if you are in a forest your earth jutsu(s) will receive a small boost in damage and effects received/dealt. And also also slightly improve stats such as speed when you have an earth affinity.

Also throw in random mechanics such as there might be a 10% chance that a tree branch might fall off in the forest and you will have to jump to avoid it making you miss a turn. Or small stuff like these which happens at a really random chance.

Hahaha, this actually sounds quite interesting!

Problem with that is, will the elements be helpful to you based on your BL or your village? Cause I’m an Earth, Lightning user in the village of Wind. So does that mean that I excel better in Silence, Konoki and Samui? Otherwise, it’d suck if I was weaker in my own home village just because I didn’t have the proper element.

Syndicate.

Allow Syndicate to just roam and destroy SP whenever they want, and capture them. This will allow villages to constantly be at risk of losing territories from these bandits and marauders.

Syndicate is honestly the most, pointless, useless, fake, incomplete village out there in the game. It’s like they want “outlaws†to be able to rob and stuff, yet have a village tavern to talk to and trade and that’s all. Everything else doesn’t work / won’t be implemented because Syndicate doesn’t serve a purpose in the hierarchy of the game. (Not to mention, how stupid it is to allow their fake-village weapon to be useable outside of Syndicate… yes I know regular village weapons are tradeable, but that’s because they have elements attached. Syndi has none and not to mention, I believe I read a quote somewhere that “robbing is a Syndi-only featureâ€. Cough. Clearly not.) I like the idea that since they are constantly at war, they should be considered a constant threat. Though, this idea will remove the territory battle feature for Syndicate users as they are the same concept – minus it’s a rank free for all and not a rank based battle (which I still think is stupid).

Passive help.

I don't know if this has already been requested but maybe make SP healing limited to an occupation similar to medics. Maybe add in an occupation like 'Engineer" and they can expand their pools to restore a village's SP.

This is similar to what I suggested about having a profession that can be able to heal SP. War could definitely use some sort of passive village help. In terms of which area it might be best to place under, I prefer occupations over professions. Now that I think about it, the professions crafters might be packed with other crafts and repairs to really focus on saving the village as fairly important to the depletion of another villages’ SP. One thing I think would be nice, would be to extend this occupation feature to Genins since it’s one of the things that they can access upon graduating from AS. That way, perma Genins have something they can do to help the village as well instead of just scouting and chatting. Considering that the suggestion for having an occupation and special occupation has been approved, I think having this “engineer†role be considered a special would be nice. That way, if they switch from something they were before, say a bounty hunter raider has to go to work but love to help out, they could switch to engineer without losing their previous levels as a hunter, and vice versa with medic and when the war is over.

I believe that 20 SP for a large percentage of pools (probably above 50%) and it levels up 0.1 SP per level reaching a maximum of 40 SP for >50% pools is a good amount as Azrael said. We don’t want this to be something abusive, especially if it’s extended to Genins as well. Considering TNR only has around 100 active people – including alts – and assuming only 20 of them are in one village during war idling and doing nothing but spending pools… that’s a good 400 SP for who knows how long it’ll take for the “engineers†to replenish their pools.

If you successfully delivered this mission package to your village will gain resources to aid in the war. Such as refilling small amounts of ramen, village-wide heals, small SP heals, or detailed description of enemy ninjas, etc.

If you die during the mission you will drop the package and the mission will still remain cooldown and you don't get any rewards. You will also drop your package if you get ambushed by enemies and they will pick it up instead. If they were to return to their village with the package the opposing village will receive the benefits instead. But they will not receive any stat gains,etc if they are added as rewards for these missions.

I quite like this idea, it’ll definitely involve some of the players that don’t want to be involved in war, yet want to help out the village.

Others.

CFH is designed to help us combat against Those higher ranked than us such as Chunnins cfh-ing against a joinin, etc. But how can we properly use this feature if people are getting OHKO-ed by ubers? We need HP so we can survive long enough to actually make use of the CFH feature! I believe making HP easier to obtain will help in the following ways,

I can’t argue how important health is to anything battle related… however I don’t think that HP should be increased dramatically to the point where it’d be like super easy like surgery. I like working for my HP and to have a higher HP than anyone else in my experience range and time spent on TNR makes me feel proud for the amount of no-life alarm-set work I have placed in. If it can be bought or increased in a rather cheap way, I’m personally quite against it.

As someone who frequently gets CFH’d, I have to admit that I don’t really think about CFHs unless I know certain particular people are online. Plus once you fight people after a certain amount of time, you learn if they are someone you can handle or if they are someone you can’t. I don’t think HP would help you all that much if your stats are crappy – believe me. Though, that is not saying you can’t bait yourself and stall time because of a tanky HP character.

I believe the penalties for leaving a village should be much more severe. There should be embassies a few squares from the village and they can submit a village joining "application" where the Kage has the right to accept/deny the request since it's his/her village.

And if one were to leave the village they will be considered an outlaw basically a criminal. This should automatically cause a bounty to be placed on them.

As well, the diplomacy system can be scrapped as well.

There should be some sort of cap where a certain village will not be able to accept new people(newbies that just joined) or outlaws(even if the Kage approves).

Yes, yes, yes, and yes please!

War penalties I believe will be discussed in another Town Hall thread, though all the points you bring up are very true and should be, in most cases implemented.

Also please tell me how much text can be quoted...

"You have posted more than the allowed number of quoted blocks of text"

...I had to so many comments and feedbacks that were semi-irrelevant -cries-

Edited by Nexilus
  • Like 1