The Ninja Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shikayaru

3 Person Ninja Teams

Suggestion Outline

The inspiration for this would be from Naruto, but I think there are some justifications for adding it to the game. This would allow users a closer nit level of belonging than they would have as part of a village or clan. There could be bonuses given for team work, or at the minimum they could at least be ranked. Here are some pros and cons before getting into the details of the suggestion:

Pros:

• This would allow users to be a part of a group with players closer to their level. Villages of course have a huge variety of ranks and levels. Clans have the similar problem.
  • Bonuses could be given similar to the bonus (if they are still around in C3) of having a user sensei, except these could be carried on past the genin rank.
  • A fun idea for this would be to make Special Jounin missions team mission. I don't know how SJ missions are set up as right now, and I don't want to start suggesting content related things, but I think this would be a fun way to set them up. ANBU squads can be a little too large to make missions full ANBU missions. (though missions requiring a few ANBU members instead of all would fix this)
  • Users could have something more concrete to keep track of their student group than writing them in their nindo.
  • It would allow a personal player connection without requiring marriage. Villages, Clans, and even ANBU squads allow users to be unified to a group, but not to individuals. Marriage allows users to identify with an individual, but being married to a player and being team mates with a player is completely different.

Cons:

• This would be very close to the same thing as ANBU squads and may take away from ANBU gameplay.
  • Maybe TNR staff doesn't want another grouping system.
  • Maybe TNR staff doesn't want such bonuses given to Chuunin+ ranked players.
  • Of course, server resources would be taken up.
  • User will probably complain about being kicked from groups when it happens.
  • SJ missions could still require three people without needing to make it team based. Making it team based requires you to have the exact two other people online while, simply making it a random three man team, you could do a mission with any two other villagers.

Suggestion Specifics

What and how it would change: Players would be sorted into teams when they become genin. On ranking up to a genin, each user would be sorted into a team by default. Genin would only be allowed to leave a team to join one led by a user sensei or vice versa. When a jounin begins taking students, the server will assign the jounin a team. He will keep that team until all of the members have graduated (or dropped by the sensei if in needed due to inactivity). Upon graduating, Chuunin will be allowed to keep their team, leave, or join another team. Any time a team becomes empty, the server will reclaim the team number and reuse it. So if say Team #1 is made up of Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura and Sasuke leaves the team. Naruto and Sakura can allow another member to join the team. Sasuke doesn't have to join another team, but can if he wants to. If both Naruto and Sakura leave the team, Team #1 will be reclaimed by the server and given out later.

As genin, only the sensei would have the right to kick a player from the team, but at chuunin+ a player can be kicked from a team if both the other players vote him or her out. If this idea is considered, the bonuses given could be discussed. I don't know what kind of bonuses user senseis give, but I'd like to say that the bonuses can be similar. The only differences on the server from how sensei's student teams are right now is that they would be assigned a number and it would be a concrete team rather than just three students under the same sensei. It would, of course, take up more server resources since these teams wouldn't be deleted upon ranking up. Right now I'm guessing that each player has a field in the database that is something similar to "sensei" and "students". Instead it would be changed to "student team" and "team".

How it benefits us: Like I mentioned in the above pro, it allows users to identify with individuals rather than with groups in a way other than marriage. It gives people a way to still be unified to their sensei and fellow students as the current system allows senseis to graduate three different genin in the time that it takes the other two to graduate. Now it will be like sensei teaches "classes" of students. You could choose to have the sensei's name stick with the team after they graduate or not, but no bonuses would go to the sensei. I don't think it is needed to say that Team #1 was once Kakashi's team, but it could be included.

Why it matters: The above point describes this, but it will add another dynamic to the game and make it more like Naruto (if that answer matters at all).

Problems/concerns involved (if applicable): Listed above in the cons section. The TNR staff might find this added dynamic to be not worth the time to implement. While there are no functions in the game exactly like the 3 man team, there are things that are similar such as ANBU Squads, Marriage, and the current sensei-student relationship. The TNR staff may not want to affect those features by adding this new one.

Anything else relevant to your specific suggestion (if applicable): I understand that this would be a lengthy process to implement, but it would add a fun feature to the game. I think that there are many levels to this suggestion, and if it is turned down as a whole, I ask that parts of this suggestion be considered as well.

P.S. - I know that Kakashi's team wasn't team #1 in the manga (anime). I'm just using the number as an example...

I love this idea would be nice to see something like this. I could have additional bonuses are just used simply for show either way I like it.

This is one idea I love. It would add even more conections to people, villagers. Even more now that everyone is just hopping villages

I like the idea, however I have a couple of concerns.

What about the bonuses for being a Sensei ? (Not sure if the 'vanilla' Sensei feature basically gives the same as in C2)

What about the bonuses getting carried over, wouldn't that make late C3 players more powerful or at least have more advantages end-game?

Depending on what these missions give, I for one, wouldn't want to be slowed down, because player xxx is working 16 hours straight or player xxx is at a birthday. Sure you can switch teams, but who would want to spam the tavy and jump teams all the time..

I like the idea, but I just don't want too much team-dependent progression.. It really depends on what these missions give and what the bonuses are.

i think this is a great idea but i would also like to add on this concept as well. i think the anbu squad missions would work just fine. as of anbu's really dont have that much benefit except some damage boost and it saying your a part of anbu on your profile. To me being in an anbu is like a should be just like a profession (same as a kage i think they should get paid as well) but more important since the game is mostly about killing ninjas. anbu missions can be about pvp and war and involve the kage. like instead of making anbu contest (we can still have them if we choose of course) and having the kage have to gather money for these contest somehow and risking getting robbed or having a untrust worthy kage that might steal the money, the game itself pays the anbu leader ryo for completing missions and anbu leader can sort the ryo out between members or to be fair so you wont get robbed by a shady leader once the mission is accepted the game will pay each member based on their % of kills they get and ryo will go to them based on that % (like #1 gets 50% of kills, #2 gets 20% of kills and the pot is 100k #1 gets 50k and #2 gets 20k). since anbu's are under kage control i believe these missions should be picked out by the kage. the anbu leader is the one that chooses to accept it or not. dont believe there should be any in-game penalties for not accepting that should be the kages choice if its ok or not. there can be different ranks and variety to choose from and the amount of ryo based on rank . like getting a certain number of kills within a certain time frame through the game or certain villages, getting a set number of defensive kills, during wars successfully destroying or restoring structures, killing a certain user or users, helping out in winning territory battles etc. this can help out in having more active anbus and not having to rely on the kage to come up with the money out of his pocket. gives more player interaction, rewards people for getting off there butt and playing the game, a new way of making ryo and more kage involvement. not sure if this would be a pain to code but this can definitely help out the game. if i need to make a new thread for this i will

Edited by GZA

The concept has potential, but the implementation proposed has considerable drawbacks. It doesn't work out well in a persistent world MMO like this one because the variables that govern coordination of this type are too numerous. Not outright rejected, but will require some significant thought on how to best implement it. Closing.