The Ninja Forum

It adds. Making 20%. IE 10% offense, 5% element + 5% standard element = 20

Excluding S-ranks, bloodlines do not touch base affinity.

Total damage buff for

S/A/B/C

20/20/15/10

To get those 20% for A rank, you used standard element (I assume first column in my table) which everyone has, regardless BL, correct? So that means S rank ends up with 20% off buff + 5% from default, which makes it 25% (S) vs 20% (A) and only if elemental advantage is present it becomes 25 vs 25.

EDIT:

Reading carefully your other post, Im being lead to believe it's actually 0% default elem damage for S ranks, which would mean 0 0 0 20, which would make them equal to A ranks with no elemental advantage and even weaker than A rank if they had its weakness. Or maybe S ranks do get bonus from elemental advantage?

Basically question stands, for the first two columns for S rank, is it 0 0, 0 5, or 5 0?

Edited by Evianon

Pana just said the S rank reduces elemental damage by 5% meaning it would make the defaul boost 0%. One thing you haven't taken into account is that elemental weaknesses stack. There is a default weakness for having the elements and then another weakness for having the A rank BL. So an S rank user has a smaller elemental weakness than an A rank user.

If you mean this

has a 5% reduction in elemental damage done

I understood it as "S ranks have 0% bloodline elemental bonus while A ranks have it at 5%" .. but who knows. That's why I made a table, so that someone would fill it/fix it as it should be, because this stuff is hard to express in sentences. We're talking about like 16 (maybe even 20) constants simultaneously, and various subsets of those. So no wonder noone ever knows what's being thought of with everyone using different terminology too. That's why I also added a description for that table.

There is a default weakness for having the elements and then another weakness for having the A rank BL.

That's news to me. Default weakness? Doh..

Edited by Evianon

Change "Bloodline boost" to -5% for S-ranks and you're set. And yeah, Authiel has a good point as well.

S-ranks give a negative boost to elements, to offset the 5% default boost.

A-rank damage : 10% offense from bloodline + 5% element boost from bloodline + 5% element boost by default = 20%

S-rank damage : 20% offense from bloodline + 5% element boost by default - 5% element reduction from bloodline = 20%

No they don't. S-ranks deal 120% with Elemental jutsu, the same as with any other. In practical terms it means:

Srank:

has a 20% offense buff

has a 5% reduction in elemental damage done

has a 10% reduction in damage taken from 1 offense

has a 10% weakness to 1 offense

has 1(or 2) weaknesses to elements

Green = Postive

Red = negative

Fire/Lightning Aura Weaver:

120% Taijutsu damage (All) -> 20% offense buff, 5% elemental nerf

90% Taijutsu damage taken (All) -> 10% resistance

110% Genjutsu damage taken (All) -> 10% weakness

115% Genjutsu damage taken (Water/Wind) -> 10% weakness + 5% elemental weakness

105% Water/Wind damage taken -> Elemental weakness

So what is the value of the elemental weakness that comes with an A rank BL? Also for B rank BLs? A while ago you told me the BL weakness was bigger than the default weakness.

Changed the table completely - made it into two and added a column for default weakness. The structure should be good now but we still need values checked.

So if C-ranks give off a total output of 10% damage, would Heavenly Decree give out only 5% elemental boost? And 0 offensive boost?

Copied from the manual:

Heavenly Decree

Primary affinity: Fire
Secondary affinity: Lightning
Special affinity: Light
Offense: Bukijutsu
Passive Effects:
• +10 regen
• Increase Light, Fire and Lightning damage dealt
• Increase Water, Wind and Ice damage taken

• Decrease stamina used for Bukijutsu

If it doesn't have buki boost, why's the offense say bukijutsu? Is it just because that's what their bloodline jutsu is? 

Also, could someone maybe edit the first post of this thread and maybe put that chart on there? 

Would be more useful. ^_^

Edited by KENSHlN
  • Like 1

From what i know C-Ranks doesn't have offense boost, so is just the element boost.

And it is bukijutsu because it has a jutsu that is bukijutsu, if someone doesnt wants to use that jutsu can simply go another off without problems

Honestly might as well make all C-rank bloodline jutsus specialization then if there's no offensive boost whatsoever. 

Just my opinion...

Hello, I have a question.

My account has the D ranked bloodline Shroud of the Sea. which is the village specific one from shroud.

Shroud of the Sea
Village: Shroud
Primary affinity: Water
Secondary affinity: None
Special affinity: None
Passive Effects:

• Increases Water damage dealt.
  • Increases Earth damage taken

Can anyone explain how this works? Does it means I get the water element PLUS increase water damage dealt and earth damage taken (ALL THIS plus the effect of having water element)

Or is the passive effects just because I have the water element?

Because if its the later then its the same as having none and just the water element at chuunin.

Im asking this because something interesting happened to my account and I need to clarify this

Edited by Orphen

Passive effects listed with a bloodline are in Addition to the users passive elemental effects.

• Like 1

Question about S Rank Bloodline: Demonic Parade

nvm question answered.

basically has an offensive edge over other bloodlines

Edited by Elaeyne
  • Like 1

Please read the bloodline section of the manual for your bloodline's effects. 

In short: 

-You get +10 regeneration

-A-rank bloodlines give a 10% damage boost in an offense, and 10% damage boost in certain elements. S-ranks are better in that you just get a 20% boost to all jutsu of your offense. (Not sure exact values) 

-If I interpreted this post correctly, you take 5% increased elemental damage according to your elemental weaknesses. 

-You take 10% less Ninjutsu damage. However, you also take 10% more Taijutsu damage. 

-Your bloodline is not restricted to certain elements. This does not mean you will not have elements when you rank up. You will still have elements rolled when you rank up, but you can change them in the black market. So when the new elemental rework comes out, you will have the option to roll for different elements, which most would say is a good thing. 

I'm not sure about all this, so would appreciate if someone fact checked. But you can see an example of how it works with Fire/Lightning Aura Weaver from the earlier post of Pana's which I linked to above. 

Edited by Newg
  • Like 1