The Ninja Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kaleidoscope

[A Ranked Crime] Gods Among Us

[OOC: Flaremind consent. Yeah, my profile is in the middle of edits >_> ]

By far the most useless god on the battlefield at the moment, Zeus remained calm and composed. It had all escalated quickly, Axel's invasion, a giant mist and now a giant dragon had been summoned. Decent. Once would wonder if the god of thunder and lightning was there to pass comments or wreck havoc on the village. He would become mentally connected with a few of his accomplices, or rather, an accomplice and his subordinates. This is Zeus; to whom it may concern I'm wondering if your water is friendly with conductivity...

He had heard the destructive outburst of water from within and his guesses were it was Aqua or Malice. He was waiting for something to happen. Something outside the realm of the battlefield but something that determined his capacity. Of course while he remained idle he would make sure he monitored his surroundings; no one was going to catch him off guard, at least not easily.

OOC: Greetings. If you didn't know, I'm your new NPCer until further notice. Since we have such a large amount of people i'm waiting to wait a week for everyone to post. If you cannot post within that time and I do not get an explanation before then, your rpc will suffer whatever consequences that shall befall them as a result of not reacting to the last npc post. Now you've all waited long enough.

Also. You guys are hilarious.

Feel free to post either in the mission thread or pm me, or skype me with any questions or concerns you have with my post.

IC:

The mist had effectively taken out the guards at the posts guarding the gates, Pestilence would be given a startling report from his bugs although he probably could have just witnessed the operation himself. The God of Rage quickly dispatched the two shinobi who were only trying to save the civilians, knocking them out cold. However a couple of their buddies who were also funneling civilians to safety noticed the new intruder knocking their friends around, ran over quickly drawing their kunai and running through hand seals. The battle however wouldn't take place as a large body of water suddenly flooded the town or rather, a lake where the town once stood. Unless the God of Rage had a means of escape he would be swept up in this new shinobi-made lake.

Although even if he didn't have a means to escape the crushing water attack, he wouldn't be in limbo for long as the God of Malice summoned a rather large dragon to dispatch of a few enemies throwing snowballs. The dragon's appearance crushed the wall holding the water in causing the lake to spew out of the west wall, a barrage of water would soon flood the area Malice was in presenting a danger to the shinobi if he didn't have a way to avoid the water that was giving his summon a knee high bath.

The bugs that were scouting for Pestilence weren't going to be able to report back to him about any unoccupied buildings since the lake had destroyed the reconstruction efforts and wiped out any supports of the taller buildings. The village was now rubble with the only remaining structures being the walls that held it up. The walls no longer were self repairing since it seemed the attack had broken the concentration of any shinobi that was maintaining the jutsu. Water everywhere quickly froze turning the entire village into a slippery, icy wasteland. Bodies were scattered around the village or buried in rubble. Few survived the ordeal but those that were picking themselves up looked up in the sky and looked for the nearest exit. Seeing the giant dragon the shinobi all leaped in various directions.

The source of their panic was a large swirling cloud overhead. Lightning cracked across the vortex and a bright glow appeared in the center. Pestilence's bugs were restless once the cloud had appeared, they wanted out, an urge to attack. Small bright blue-ish orbs shot out of the cloud and honed in on the shinobi running away outside of the walls. Upon contact the orbs exploded shredding the shinobi that it made contact with. Since there were also members of the Pantheon entourage outside of the walls, they also had to deal with this problem. Members would find themselves inable to escape via shunshin, and it seemed the only safe place was inside the walls of the village but they had to survive the barrage of orbs to get in there, Malice's Dragon unfortunately would be continually bombarded with exploding blue orbs causing great pain to the large beast.

Those inside the village would find the other surviving shinobi observing the village in horror as their comrades were tore apart by the new threat. The God of Rage would find himself surrounded by a few shinobi ready to fight, The foreman on top of a pile of nearby rubble, giving his orders to his subordinates to attack. While they ran through handseals the foreman spoke:

"I know why you're here, you won't escape this alive. None of us will, not with that thing here"

He was of course referring to the large swirling Chakra Vortex in the sky but they were out of time. The shinobi were done with their handseals and began moving into action. One of them slammed their hands onto the ice sending ice spikes shooting up at the God of Rage. Another threw an electrically charged kunai at the Rage God's position, upon impact on the ground the kunai discharged lightning in the shape of a sphere with a five foot radius. The rest of the crew backed away from the God in preperations for a counter attack.

Axel's ability to savor his victory over the first two shinobi was short, as Aqua's flood would quickly devastate the area. He would use Suimen to try and stay atop the waves, eventually grabbing a piece of debris and mounting it so he could ride it like w surf board.

Shortly, the water would calm, somewhat drain, and freeze over. Fantastic. Even better: Axel found himself surrounded. There were what? 5 of them? 6? He liked his odds. They all readied their projectiles and, as Axel saw they were about to launch, he would send chakra into his fuuton-tuned gauntlets.

With a large flourish, he would extend his arms and twirl his body around in a complete circle, using Great Cutting Whirlwind to create an outward burst in all directions as the projectiles were let loose. This was timed so they had just barely left their owner's hands when the wind hit them, optimizing the chance the projectiles would strike their owners rather than go harmlessly flying off into space.

Of course, Axel did not expect all of the enemies to be disengaged to easily. He would speak to the foreman. You are clearly the strongest here. I'll make you a bet- face me one on one, and spare the lives of your underlings. I am the leader here, and my cohorts will surrender if they see you've bested the strongest among us.

Naturally, this was a complete load of crap. The Pantheon would hardly fall in line if Axel fell. The God of Rage was also fairly confident that he would rip the foreman limb from limb. The strategy was hopefully to eliminate their big gun first so they could pick off the small fry.

Axel would also notice he had been invited to a... chat room? Sure why not. He would join the conversation and politely inform his cohorts he was, in fact, surrounded. And also that he wasn't especially worried about it.

Edited by Raphael

(12 boom Butterflies, and 34 Beetles, 1 larva, a Queen, 6 Scieter and 2 haog)

Vita voro would Join the 'Conference Call', and everyone else would immediately feel the much larger consciousness of the Swarm. Luckily, though, they would only be able to hear, much less understand Vita, not the dozens of insects that are crawling through his head.

Meanwhile, his bugs would show a startling amount of free will. Something he would have to work on. They were free to recognize danger, but they were not supposed to have any desire other than to follow his orders. But they would have no option but to stay within the area of the walls. Which actually did work out for him. However, the balls of electricity, or whatever they were, were discomforting for the Bug ninja as he would find his perch not so comfortable. Throwing his black coat back, A swarm of buzzing would be heard as over 34 black, kunai-shaped beetles would fly outwards, and upwards. spacing themselves in a specific pattern, designed so that only one would intercept the balls, and none would reach their master. Vita would easily sprint through the Open field without the black mist attempting to suffocate and drown him, until he'd scale the walls. He'd get there shortly before The foreman and 'Rage' would have his speech. Vita, however, wasn't stupid in the slightest.

"No." He would speak up, albiet still hidden and covered by black clothing, he would make his way to walk over towards the foreman. "I follow those with power. He has more." He spoke out loud, angrily towards rage. Any bugs that remained, which should be all of the butterflies and Scieter, as well as the Haog for sure, under his cloak, clinging to him for dear life, and however many of his Beetlegeuse that survived from protecting him.

'At the very least, I'll be closer. Do not worry, I have no desire to follow this narrow minded imbecile." His voice sounded much louder than the others in the telekinetic connection, himself much more adapted to psychic communication due to the regular commanding of his own bugs.

A note: Should the Foreman act hostile to Vita's attempts to Join him, he would retreat from him, but make no attempt to assist Axel.

It appeared that the dragon's presence had somehow produced a breakage in the village's fence and now the giant pool of water within the village would leak out, leaving Kotaeru without any interest to try any lightning-water combos. Oh Well... He knew he was going to get bored if he kept standing outside, and seeing as the mist was vanishing he felt it was a good time to make his entrance. He would begin climbing the wall with Kinbori. It wouldn't take long before a swirling cloud would appear in the sky with lightning cracking ahead as well. Fitting entry for me... A grin would form on his face but he was also wise enough to know this was no natural phenomenon.

Almost standing on top of the fence now he would see blue orbs chase after people and ravage them. He would say something in rat squeaks to the summon lying in his scarf. Let's see how tough this thing is. Soon the air beside Kotaeru's shoulder would glow with the colors of fire and a dragon would burst out of it as the summon executed Katon: Kakiryuu no Jutsu [Fire Dragon Technique]. There was no delay though, as the dragon shot out to the sky a large gust of wind would give it a great boost as Kotaeru blew out Fuuton: Daitoppa [Wind Release: Grand Blast]. The fire dragon would be larger and more fierce rising into the sky, consuming any blue orbs that might have been in the path of landing on Kotaeru and finally smashing into the clouds in the sky. What would happen thereafter, no one knew- would the jutsu cease or would it persist.

Either way the fire-fuuton combo had delivered Kotaeru from any blue orbs that might have been in his way and he would position himself in the "safe" region as he stood on the village's fence. His hands were occupied with hand seals; it was likely he had nearly finished them or was making them take longer than usual just so that he could give a speech.

"Baka. We're here for Nothing...we'll leave this place when there is Nothing here. Rejoice, a god visited you in person today."

The destruction caused by the group spread throughout the area on a huge scale, their destruction coming together to bring everything down around them...it was something that would almost bring a grin to Malice's face if it was physically possible to shape one in the first place. Swinging his arms every which way, Kaon would attack all in sight and within reach of his limbs and so long as everyone was in his connection they would be in no danger of being hit. Even if one of them were right in the sweep of his claws they could notice his arm completely swooping around them and his fighting ability wouldn't show any hindrance by the number of people joining in, and even the bugs would be tuned down to just Pestilence's thoughts.

With such mastery and control of the connection everything would be as if they were talking right next to each other under normal circumstances but that was until the new chaos started. When the vortex appeared Kaon had more than enough intelligence to understand he had to back off from it a good bit to avoid further damage which started with his folding his wings around himself to lessen the damage on important parts as he took a few steps back. Malice would move forward across the dragon's back until he rejoined the ground and moved in for combat but remained wary of the threatening sky problem they had, "Anyone have any idea what that is or how we can deal with it I'm really getting annoyed with it being here," he asked to the group.

Kaon joined in as well as Tsuko but mostly the puppy stayed quiet, "You all are the shinobi here, you figure it out; if its one of your jutsu or whatever then find the castor, if its a phenomenon then work around, and if its anything else you deal with it...but...I will say its rather curious in its way of attacking. Rage was it? Why not see what that worker knows he's your best bet." Itami would move into the village while Kaon assaulted the outer reaches seeing that the vortex was attacking everything inside the village itself and this way he could offer assistance while staying at a safe distance, mostly examining the vortex from a better point of view than the others.

Tsuko would jump down to take cover and watch over Itami's area to give him a good feel of what might be around that could truly threaten him, but mostly it was just to find out what he could about the village and that thing in the sky. Taking low cover beneath rubble would give him protection from the raining assault while he searched while staying in constant link with the group or more so his Wolfy. "I'll scout on ahead low and below cover to see what I can find out so give me a bit of searching, otherwise just have your fun in the meantime."

Edited by Itamimaru

Ume, not having come under any type of attack at all, and being at the edge of the city, and upon the wall - thus not coming under attack by the lightning vortex that was zapping people running away, safely hopped off of the wall and onto the icy sheet that had come to cover the ground. She sighed in annoyance as she considered that her great work was thwarted so easily. It had drained, but quite a bit of the water turned to ice and froze the buildings and the street. Maybe she should have been an ice ninja? That would have worked out pretty good. She noted that there was an intruder in her mind, and she pushed it out. No thoughts but her own belonged in her skull. And with that said, she sat down calmly on the wall, satisfied to watch the occurences going on, without really being bothered by anyone. She observed the beauty of a screaming fire attack burning its way through the sky and towards the vortex of lightning. wind beat lightning, but Fire beats wind. It would be curious what a combination jutsu of that sort would do. Ume really didn't care. She lept calmly off the wall, her keen shinobi eyes searching for any nearby enemies. Ume would duck behind some houses and activate a jutsu; Meisaigakure no Jutsu [Hiding Camouflage Technique]. Her form would become non-existant. Her scent would not be able to be found, and as usual - an expert shinobi as her self would be difficult to be heard.

From here she would move as she pleased. She made sure that she stayed aware of the shinobi running about, and that she avoid accidently running into all of them. She made her way to the center of the village - making sure she watched her step so that the trip was safe and that she didn't accidently trip or harm herself. From the center of the village she would form another series of lightning fast hand seals. Suiton: Daibakufu no Jutsu [Water Release: Great Waterfall Technique]. The ice would melt into water beneath her feet - and the remaining water would join in to the call of htis powerful jutsu. The water formed into a circular barrier and then... It exploded. Ume synchronized the jutsu with her Suiton: Shinsei Mizu, thus giving the water an extra added amount of destructive power, as its pressure became even greater. The torrent that exploded from the center of the town had power to uproot trees on its own, but now with the this added power - who knew what it was really capable of. Regardless... if Ume succeeded in her plan, which she would surely be able to as she would not be able to be detected by sight or smell - without sensory type jutsu or doujutsu, then the remains of this village wouldn't look very impressive.

[3 B] [5 A] [3 S]

Edited by Missy

OOC: Now that you all have posted, I'm going to take that as a sign of accepting the terms I have set forth above. Also, good timing Missy

IC:

Vita made his way into the village but the bugs who had tried to intercept the blue orbs of chakra would be vaporized instantly, it gave Vita the time he needed to make it into the village to approach the survivors and the God of Rage.

The shinobi responsible for throwing the raiton kunai would realize he had made a mistake, but it was too late. The kunai struck him in the chest, electrocuting and quickly killing the subordinate. The shinobi who had summoned the ice spikes met a similar fate as the raiton shinobi, dead with a chest full of ice spikes. The others however, were unmoved by the attack and the commander glanced at his dead soldiers. He had listened to the God of Rage's offer and shook his head slowly and kept his gaze on Vita as he made his offer to follow the foreman instead of Rage.

"No, You are criminals, you can't be trusted. Even if you honor your words there is no guarantee your cohorts will do the same. I'm willing to bet you have more slinking around here waiting for the opportunity to pick us off. You don't even seem to have control over your cohorts, I didn't live this long by listening to the words of people who kill the innocent for no reason. Plus you don't seem to realize how serious this situation is" He spoke pointing up at the chakra vortex.

A bright fiery red dragon amplified by the power of the wind shot toward the sky capturing the attention of those below in the village, giving Kotaeru a stealthy entrance into the village. The foreman shook his head and gave signals to his men to find cover, The men rapidly dispersed as well as the foreman, taking off in all directions away from Rage to find some sort of cover under any rubble of the buildings that were left. The dragon collided with the vortex creating a very bright light, lightning cracked repeatedly across the sky as the vortex slowly absorbed the giant fire dragon until it was entirely consumed. The vortex grew in size and soon covered the entire sky with dark clouds, a chakra storm had developed in place of the chakra vortex.

The blue orbs would cease their descent from the sky and instead bright red hot spots would appear scattered accross the clouds above the village. Moments later large red beams of light would rain down upon the city incinerating anyone and melted anything that stood in their path. The beams would cross over the current positions of all the Gods as well as the large Dragon that had taken care of the shinobi that were harassing it and its summoner. The shinobi and summons would each have to find a way to dodge these traveling beams of light or become nothing but piles of ash.

Ume was safe for now, her hiding camouflage technique kept her hidden from any would be scouts that were checking the surroundings while their boss was dealing with the other Gods. However once the dragon had been absorbed by the chakra vortex and evolved into a chakra storm, her plans would be altered slightly. Her attempt at the great waterfall technique would yield undesired results. The sphere of water would rise into the air high into the clouds and be absorbed by the chakra storm. Any attempt to dispell the hiding camouflage would fail, keeping her hidden from anyone whether she wanted to be or not making it difficult to communicate wiith any teammates to avoid some friendly fire.

Moments after the water sphere would disappear into the clouds, it would start raining over the area, only this wasn't any normal rain, it was chakra rain and a heavy chakra rain at that. Each raindrop would feel like a senbon were striking the shinobi and now there were two hazards the God's had to deal with, once they had dealt with dodging the bright red beams of light, they had to find a way to defend themselves from raining senbon as well as the locations of the foreman and his men.

Malice checked in with everyone who called in but of course one was left out, that girl who he didn't care to learn the title of. "One is still missing from the group fuzz butt, what do you want me to do?" he asked in a slightly concerned way but there was no care going from his mind to their secret conversation between them, "She was warned, if any harm from you comes to her don't concern yourself about it I'd almost encourage you to hit her. Just try not to I'd rather not get an earful later."

Tsuko moved forward through the rumble until he came upon the citizens taking cover, it made him question the next move so he called out, "Um mister Rage sir we've got a situation...I'm um seeing the people over here fleeing and taking cover...what do you want me to do," he asked to Rage directly. He'd wait for an answer deep in the rumble and not make a move until he heard back, mostly since he knew he was the only one who could follow them at this point given the state in the sky.

Watching the sky after the fire dragon attack, Kaon would take full notice of what was going on and knew this was trouble especially when the beams started shooting down and with a huge flap of his wings pointed straight down, as to avoid anything from hitting Rage, Pestilence, and Thunder, he pushed back. He'd move farther from the wall until he landed from the leap then went to the side mostly to circle around as he watched the water start to form up. The movement was mostly liner like a V dodged to avoid taking a hit, and being at this distance gave him plenty of time to avoid the worse of the storm despite his large size.

"Foolish girl did she not just...," he said and went straight into talking to the others, "Whatever you do don't use jutsus that thing is absorbing chakra and...," but he was interrupted mid sentence when the rain came down meaning he had to fly over the group, "Its absorbing the chakra and using the nature in its own way, you'll need another strategy to deal with it!"

He remained just over the group with his wings over them but with the space between his neck and wings would allow them sight without any harm while also protecting his face. Malice finally joined up with them under the large dragon who was taking a slight bit of damage but his skin was thick, it would take more than a few senbon strikes to harm him. With a large layer of scales over them, they were clear to continue but Kaon stayed vigilant. Once the rain ended he would let them see more of what was going on but more importantly be able to move should more attacks come.

He wasn't very careful where he landed just making sure he didn't crush the men Gods and Tsuko was far into the village so he was safe from being crushed, but if those village people were too close they'd get crushed. When the rain stopped Malice would let them come up with a plan, something he wasn't too good with as Malice had always done things in the spur of the moment. "Any ideas oh fearless leader, most of us use chakra to a large extent...you use your fists...and bug boy here well that's simple, we've got nothing to fight that thing if its just going to absorb our jutsus and send them right back?"

Edited by Itamimaru

Two down, a few more to go. Axel hadn't honestly expected his ploy to work; it had really been more of a stall tactic to give the rest of the Pantheon time to advance their positions since most of the surviving targets seemed to be in this one area. It seemed that the chakra storm was a greater threat than the defending shinobi, anyway.

Axel saw them all fleeing and knew better than to sit still. Whether it was an attack from one of their allies, or if it was from the storm, he got the impression he should move quickly. He would scoop up the large piece of drift wood he had used as a surfboard earlier and dash clear of the area as the large red beams decimated the area.

Well that didn't seem fair. But alright. I believe this is the same type of storm that caused all of this destruction in the first place. I think it will eventually clear on its own, but we need to not feed it. No point in fighting it if its not controlled by someone here- without jutsu all we can do is throw rocks at it. If I'm wrong and its being controlled by someone here, we just need to find and kill them.

Wrath said something about everyone else needing jutsu. What kind of Gods are we if we can be bested by something as simple as an apocalyptic storm? He would think to the group as he raised the driftwood over his head to protect him from the senbon rain. The first few droplets had hurt, so he knew it was best to keep himself sheltered. It doesn't seem to even notice lower ranked jutsu- I and a few of the underlings I killed just used some of the genin level stuff without consequence. You might be safe using that.Besides, Wrath, you have your claw thing right? And your pup? You will all just have to improvise.

As he thought this, Axel was still running down one of the foreman's subordinates. They had rushed off in all directions, and Axel was much, much faster than the genin. He would tail one that had run in the opposite direction from the warden and using his free hand, unseal a Devastator and hurl it with great force at the genin's back. This would either slow the genin down, or pretty much break their back and take them out of commission, depending on if it hit or not. The devastator was the size and weight of a bowling ball, so being struck by one wasn't something to take lightly.

Most of the survivors just ran off from my area- I'd advise you all close in one them. The storm is doing a great job of bottle necking them in the village, as well as keeping reinforcements out. If we pick them off one by one, we can make quicker work of them. With that last communication, Axel would give the Pantheon members in the chat the rough location of the surviving targets he knew of.

(13 boom Butterflies, and 20 Beetles, 2 larva, 6 Scieter and 2 haog)

Vita was not used to having to restrain himself with his psionic connection, so everyone on the mental frequency would most likely feel vita trying to use everything in his considerable power to figure out what to do. 'Leader inefficient, ineffective, and Incompetent. Unfit to be followed. Unable to usurp, but need to find better leader or group doomed to fail.'. The thought flashed through Vita and also everyone else's mind, without him even realizing that he had effectively shouted it out loud. Nor did he care, as he had other problems. He was the least effected by the chakra storm, as he didn't weave jutsu like his 'allies'. Instead, he had his bugs, though most of the genetic sequences he had were incomplete at the moment, meaning that he was also limited with his options. However, he didn't have to worry about what options he DID have making the problem worse.

Grabbing a lava under his cloak, he would push some of his chakra into it, causing it to morph into it's cocoon, an action that would be nearly invisible under the cloak provided by the 'leader' of the group. In fact, given the current set-up, it squared Vita with the Foreman, given that they were the closest together. Scieter and butterfly in the air would easily be able to map out the surroundings, and with the constant feedback from them, Vita would not be left blidsided, or caught off guard by his surroundings.

Thanks to the rapid incubation time of his wrangler Vita would be able to strike quickly. First, a butterfly on the opposite side of the Foreman would quite literally rip it's own head off on telekinetic Command by Vita, causing it to explode. The distance would not be any threat, so the foreman wouldn't have taken any measure from the butterflies, but it would be close enough to be noticeable. Further, unless he was actually looking directly at the Butterfly when it exploded, there would not be any way to know it was the butterfly exploded. And if he was looking at the butterfly, Vita would just Initiate his plan without detonating the Bug, as the distraction wasn't needed.

The second his back would turn, or even his concentration on Vita, if there was any to begin with, be broken, Vita would throw his hand out, the cocoon bursting open into the Abomination that was the Wrangler, It's long, spined legs quickly grappling at the Foreman in an attempt to subdue him, if only for a couple moments as the Haog under his cloak would jump off and flank him, grabbing at his legs. Their job was quite simple: Pin him down. From there, Vita knew 2 things. One, that there was a beam of extremely hot light headed towards him, and the Foreman, and two, that the foreman needed to Die.

First, he would make his butterflies start flying in close. Not too close, but enough to form a wall for the next action. He would jump out of the way of the Light, in an attempt to force it to strike the Foreman, roasting him alive, and should he try to jump away, he would find himself crashing into a fluttering wall of explosive butterflies.

It was at about this time that the water would have finally reached up to the sky, causing the stinging rain. He had a slight advantage, forcing the armored beetles to crawl on top of his skin, absorbing the rain. Unfortuantely, the rain also caused the butterflies that were in the air to Detonate by being destroyed. Well, if the Foreman were close in any way, he'd be heavily damaged by them.

(-1 Larva to make Wrangler)

Edited by kajowwojak
I put text in the wrong area. Corrected it so it is easier to read.

He had gained entrance into the village before the foreman and his men fled. Once he realized that his attack had made matters worse he would also begin to run in haphazard way just to evade the fiery beams. He however was not planning on doing nothing, his hand would pull forth one of the scrolls from behind his waist. From the Fuma Scroll he would unseal the Predator Shuriken, throwing them whenever he unsealed them. Of course it didn't happen in such rapid succession because he had to bother about dodging whatever the chakra clouds threw his way. The fact that his targets- the Foreman and his men were moving didn't make this any easy feat but he was up to the task. However hitting the Foreman was priority for him.

Before he took up the name of Zeus, before he even started manipulating raiton chakra Kotaeru's means of fighting was built on shuriken, just like everyone else in the Fuma Clan. He had not called himself "Nagare's Shooting Star" for nothing when he won the Death Race as a genin, heck, the invisible demon he encountered at a tender age had been defeated by his shuriken. He had grown up in the wild picking ninjutsu over them, for they were tangible weapons, Ninjutsu was not and was more versatile. However he had not lost faith in his shuriken skill and carried them everywhere he went. It had been a while, but now he would return to his shuriken.

His shuriken launch would however come to an end once the rain started. What the Hell. Pelting into his skin he would have to take cover quickly or risk unpredictable damage. One hand would reach for the knuckle shield in his pocket. Raising that hand over his head he would activate the mechanism that would cause a 2 foot shield to form; effectively shielding him from the rain. He would then jump on the closest high point where he could get an improvised bird's eye view. He then put the scroll on the floor in front of him, after all he had just two hands, one was occupied with the shield for his head and the other would have to do the unsealing and throwing. If there were still some guards in his sight he would prey on them with the Predator Shuriken...if there were none he would simply place explosive tags on each shuriken before beginning to throw them at possible "shelters" and structures that had not been destroyed yet.

Ume's jutsu didn't do what it was supposed to. Its chakra gathered and surged with the ice turned water... only to instead of form into a whirling vortex of water to create destruction... it turned into a sphere and got absorbed by the chakra storm. She watched with a silent look of disappointment as her jutsu flew up into the chakra storm that was so far over head. What kind of jutsu was this storm supposed to be anyway? It was a raging storm that seemed to eat up chakra. She wished she could say that it resembled the storm that hit Hyouga however that was not a possibility because the chakra storm that had rendered Hyouga unable for a time did not resemble this storm. In fact, it had just seemed like a peculiarly intense snow storm - to the point where snow even came down the mountains upon the village. The frustrating thing about this chakra storm was that she had just used an A rank jutsu and enhanced its water pressure using an S rank technique... and yet the technique had still been absorbed.

It would have been terrifingly simply for the woman to defend herself from such a jutsu. But there were a few things to consider. Ume had no weapons. Her weapon was her jutsu. She was terrible at hand to hand combat as well. She threw her hands up in frustration, her title of water goddess seemed to belong to this storm. She faced the oncoming senbon rain and welcomed the sharp needles into her flesh - because fuck it; She was a sociopath, what logic did she ever follow?

Then Ume would lay down and have the best sleep she ever would have in her life.

The explosion behind the foreman didn't break his concentration, rather it forced him into action. He reached for a scroll, unsealing it while leaping back away from the missing nin. Vita's position as well as any of the bugs he had thrown at the foreman were now under fire from a volley of kunai and shuriken. He would hastily make his retreat upon the arrival of the heavy rain. The poor subordinate being chased by wrath would be struck by the Devastator and collapse on the ground and would get up, if he was alive the rain would finish the job. It seemed most of the Gods had found a way to avoid the hot pillars of light as well as the senbon, it would be hard to call them shinobi if they couldn't defend themselves after all.

However one of the Gods decided this was her time. It would be hard to save her since no one could see her, and there was a chance she could survive from the heavy rain. But whatever the rain couldn't do, the beam of light would clean up. Vaporizing the body leaving no trace of existence, Aqua was no more. The Pantheon had lost its first member.

After about a minute or two both the rain and the storm would let up, disappearing from the sky and in its place thicks clouds remained. On the battlefield nothing would be stirring save for the giant dragon and the other members of the Pantheon. Zeus would have vision over most of the battlefield and would catch some movement behind a pile of rubble. A puff of smoke appeared and a creature stood there talking to its summoner, the summoner handed the creature a scroll and the creature disappeared. The shinobi would look out behind the pile of rubble and see the destruction the god of lightning was creating and would waeve a single hand seal. From that point on any shuriken that happened to be thrown near the shinobi wouldn't explode, a sacrifice he made for his teammates that came with a cost, his position was now known endangering his own life.

Suddenly a giant puff of smoke would appear near one of the piles of rubble, out of the smoke emerged a giant white tiger with black stripes and enormous claws. The tiger on all fours stood at 3 stories high and 5 stories wide. It let out a thunderous roar that shook the earth violently. The tigers body began emitting sparks and glowing with a faint yellow light. A few seconds later the body of the tiger was covered with one electrical current, it's muscles tensed up and moving its body low to the ground before taking off in the direction of the dragon. The tiger would look like a flash a lightning moving at blurring speeds, zigzagging through the village toward the location of the dragon before getting close enough to it to strike. The tiger would leap at the dragon at incredible speeds, and unless the dragon had a counter it would be pierced by the quick moving tiger.

On the opposite side of town, another shinobi happened to find himself on top of a high tower that had survived some of the previous damage, and began weaving hand signs and released rather lage fire balls at the positions of the God of Rage and Vita. A couple of the surviving shinobi had shown themselves but there were still a couple unnaccounted for, who knows what they were preparing for.

The storm stopped, but the clouds remained. Axel was still weary about the storm, but he had little in terms of higher ranked ninjutsu, so he wasn't especially concerned for himself. Seeing the fireballs coming at him from the tower, Axel would run toward the tower, bobbing and weaving as he ran to avoid the fireballs.

The first that got anywhere near him, he threw the debris he had been using to shield himself from the rain with into it, breaking it apart as the debris exploded into pieces and he kept moving. His speed was substantial, and he had cleared the area in a short period of time.

As he ran, his body would emit a red glow as it seemed to burst into flames. he would leap a few inches off of the ground as he reached the base of the tower, driving his fist into the ground for a punch variation of Painful skyleg enhanced by Hellfire skyleg.

The result was a massive, damaging quake that would affect everything within a wide radius, particularly the tower. The enhancement Axel had put on the jutsu also caused a pillar of flames to burst in all directions in a wide dome, also exploding from ever crack. As the tower was broken apart into rubble, it would also be engulfed in flames. Hopefully either the rubble or the sea of flames would make quick work of the shinobi sitting atop the tower.

In his pursuit, Axel had seen the foreman make evasive maneuvers to evade Vita. Wrath, get the foreman Axel would cry out, seeing that everyone else and the dragon seemed occupied. He would relay the foreman's rough position to the boy and his dog, in hopes they could keep the pressure on. If Axel's target atop the tower was done, he would resume looking for the foreman as well. Defeating the strongest enemy in the area was his highest priority.

Malice wanted to think the thought of stupidity that couldn't even remember a name but he didn't care enough to even think just take his path towards a target probably to kill, "Any objections to kill this guy...oh too slow to answer I'm taking him out," he sent out but he had another worry. Through their thoughts Malice sent the instructions to Tsuko for him to stop the guy until he dealt with this tiger that had the intention to kill his most powerful ally and doubting that a simple evade would work he launched his Thunderbolt Strike to tear forth at the tiger, so much that he sent another right after it.

The tiger moved in a way he could follow just until it picked up speed, though its mistake was not starting off at that speed as Malice figured it couldn't change its course while moving so fast...no it would be moving in a liner fashion with no chance to avoid two lightnings tearing forth. Kaon just flapped his wings as hard as he could upward to try and avoid it should the first attempt fail but this would have another purpose too as flapping his wings so hard would kick up a good bit of rumble into impede its advance while Malice took cover right after his own attack. Once that was done Malice would use his Creation Leech to slip into the ground quickly to come out where Tsuko was, mostly with the Foreman.

With the Gods departed from his presence Kaon could truly take care of the way smaller tiger trying to get him, and flapping his wings was only the beginning as should it make it through the first two attacks the third one would be pointed directly for his landing spot. He would be storing up his chakra as he flapped about just to buy himself some time before launching a real attack at the tiger, for now he had the sky advantage as he could fly around in a circle.

Tsuko got the message from Rage as he tracked down the man while staying in cover until he could line up the perfect surprise and once there he would do something everyone in mind would hear, "SURPRISE!!" He leaped from his cover straight at the Foreman and began spinning like crazy, it was his Fierce Spiraling Strike aimed for a spot Rage knew well. Yep the face. This would either cause massive damage or knock the man off his feet but one thing was for sure, he wasn't done. Once he passed him Tsuko would land on some rubble only to push off and spin back again as he was aimed to stop the guy from getting away as he slammed into the man's back the second time. He had to buy Malice some time to get here so he knew he had to do this a few times just to make sure the man didn't get up.

Someone just sent a message through a scroll a small summon creature that looks like [inserts description for scroll and summon here]. I suggest if anyone sees it, retrieve the scroll and kill it, or simply destroy both. I'm thinking there're about to progress with a plan. I suggest we pull out of the village walls. It's the only boundary and the Foreman is pretty much suicidal as we've seen.

Kotaeru had been targeting buildings and other shinobi till after he noticed the movement behind the rubble and summon as well. His next shuriken would be headed for the man who happened to catch sight of what Zeus had been up to. His last shuriken had not exploded; a phenomenon that told the Nagarian a lot. He knew what was up but it did not bother him- He was a God. The shuriken would only hit the man if he wanted to die, but to the man it was a safe space considering the fact that he could use "Kassei'. However it was not. Fuse Control

A single hand seal from Kotaeru after the shuriken struck would cause it to detonate, overriding Kassei's decision to prevent the tag from exploding after impact. In the end he did no one a favor, his actions only swiftly ensuring his demise. Kotaeru would leap from his high position out unto the snow outside the village seeing as he had only just entered and was very close to the walls if not on it. He wasn't making a cowardly move, he was only taking a proactive measure sort of. He was going to parade around the walls to make sure there were no ninja there.

"Sir, there is an emergency message for you."

The words flashed across his sight, courtesy of the powers of his mask. Arashi was in his office doing very important things. Like signing forms and documents and reading up on the latest intelligence. Seems there was some breaking news to liven up his day.

"Put it through."

The report came in quickly and Arashi absorbed all the information. Seems to be my lucky day

"Lieutenant, prepare my squad. We leave in 15 seconds."

Regardless of whether or not they were ready, Arashi would be waiting at the gate inside of 5 virtue of Shunshin. As the battle was still ongoing, time was of the essence. Regardless of whether or not his squad was cleared for him and arrived on time, Arashi was gone 20 seconds after he sent out the command.

After another shunshin, Arashi would be standing at the far edge of the battlefield, far out from the notice of the combatants. After activating Meisai Gakure and Spectre, Arashi descended so he could get a better look at the field with his Fernglas.

The Captain had arrived.

(1 boom Butterfly, and 22 Beetles, 1 larva, 6 Scieter)

The Haog and the Wrangler would be mercilessly shut down by the projectiles, however, vita would be able to protect himself with the Metal-shelled beetles protecting him. It would hurt, but it wouldn't kill him at all. His scieter would have survived the torrential rain by burrowing, and now, they would resume their Scouting.

He was crippled, and yet in good shape, because most of his bugs were dead. He made a mental note about completing the genetic sequences within his larva and himself as he watched one of his allies decimate the area with fire. It was effective, but hardly leadership quality. Good for morale, though. Vita would escape the main fight between the dragon and Tiger with a Kawarimi, putting him a bit by himself as he would open up his arms, and 15 of his beetles would start to swarm the area.

Scavenging is the priority, as he had little else to do and use, searching the bodies while making sure that he wouldn't be attacked. And speaking of an Eye in the Sky, his Scieter would let him know that they were in trouble.

As much as the ANBU liked to keep in the shadows, After the entire area had been completely devastated by the chakra storm, and then the Hellfire Skyleg... There wouldn't be much cover to be had, and one of his Scieter would spot the Intruder.

'We have ANBU Intrusion.' Vita's mind would alert everyone, and then give the coordinates to everyone. This would make him be on guard as he continued searching, as well as being ready for an escape, should he need it.

OOC: Here you go, Ive started working again so i kind of rushed this a bit before i have to go. Again, any problems can be directed to me via PM or skype.

IC:

The fire flinging shinobi saw how innefective his attack was on the God of Rage and began weaving signs for a counter attack, unfortunately he didn't expect such an explosive and destructive attack. The explosion destroyed the tower and the shinobi who was on it. He had made quick work of his opponent and it seemed he was now free from any pressure from the enemy at least for now.

The tiger rushing at Malice wasn't going to be dealt with so easily. Due to the jagged quick movements of the tiger it was able to dodge the thunderbolts quite easily. With the dragon taking off into the air the tiger would stop under the dragon's wings taking the large bursts of wind. When the dragon was high enough to the point where the gusts weren't stopping the tiger, the tiger would let out another large roar. The raiton shield around the tiger channeled into its mouth and a burst of raiton chakra would shoot from the tiger's mouth to the underside of the dragon, an easy target.

Once the shinobi had activated Kassei he jumped back to avoid the shuriken that was heading toward him. To his surprise the shuriken still detonated, luckily he was far enough from the blast to suffer any serious damage. Once the smoke had cleared the shinobi had lost his target. He shook his head and sighed and turned to the battlefield. Zeus wouldn't find any shinobi around the walls, he wouldn't really find much of anything other than the fact no one was chasing him or even looking for him at this point.

Vita would withstand the barrage of tools and buy himself some time as the foreman retreated to a safer position. His scavenging beetles wouldn't find anything important, just things like shuriken, kunai, pills, wire, rope, bombs, just basic ninja tool sets. For any shinobi who was short on tools or had a plan this would be helpful indeed. However, now that Zeus had freed up his shinobi, the shinobi had found Vita. Vita would hear several, deep growls. Whether his bugs alerted him or Vita would see for himself, there would be several Arctic wolves behind him along with a shinobi behind them. The shinobi told them to attack before rushing off to meet up with the foreman. The wolves were swift and attacked as soon as the order was given, one charged straight at him while the others tried to attack from the sides and from behind trying to get their jaws on whatever they could.

The foreman had ignored the pup up until now since it wasn't doing anything other than follwing him. The pup came at him with a Tsuga-esque attack, only the problem was the pup aimed high. The foreman ducked, dodging the first attack however the second attack was aimed at his back, a much better target. The foreman jumped out of the way in time to dodge the strike. While the pup hadn't done any damage to the foreman he had bought his owner enough time to regroup with him. The foreman looked at Malice and Tsuko and tossed a smoke bomb down at their position. When the smoke cleared there were four foremans now staring at Malice and Tsuko, Three of them charged at the wolf and the God, kunai drawn.

Satisfied his enemy had been disposed of, Axel would quickly examine the battlefield to find another target, and see the shinobi Zaus had just blasted standing up and moving onward. He heard the warning about an ANBU in the vicinity and knew that had to be a priority, but one stray target wouldn't hurt.

Unsealing a Devastator, Axel would take advantage of the dazed, shaken state the target was no doubt in after taking the brunt of the blast, and the fact their back was to him, and hurl it using Fastball special after igniting it with Fire Release: Firebomb. This would hopefully eliminate the shinobi before they could cause any more trouble. Axel did not know their target, but if his attack was successful, this would hopefully free up Vita.

Pestilence Axel would call out openly on the channel, Where did your companions sight the interloper? It seemed that the ANBU had done something to cover himself, but there was pretty much nowhere left to hide after the flood, the storm and the hellfire skyleg had wiped everything out. He just needed a general idea where to focus.

With no bearing on the ANBU intruder, Axel would now focus on the foreman, whom he now had a bearing on thanks to Malice. He would approach from the Foreman's right, still at a fair distance, and would flip through handseals to use Housenka powered by Starfire so that all of the fireballs would explode on impact. He would fire them in a pattern that would surround the foreman and his... clones? Ideally, this would pepper the area around them in explosions and give Wrath a better position. Zeus, do you have a means to find the intruder? Help Pestilence track him down if you do- I'm going to help Wrath finish of the foreman so we can clear out of here. Our mission is pretty much done here.

First rule, always watch your back. Kotaeru's hand would reach beneath his scarf as he ran twisting a key which lay underneath, his eyes simultaneously turning pure white as the Nagahiro Bloodline was activated as well as the Omicron Key. He had come outside to parol, and parol the area he would. He was a ninja, he what stealth was. Besides activating his bloodline to intercept adversary he was running with Suimen to prevent the crunching sound stepping in snow would normally produce.

The fact that ANBU were present meant it was certain something was outside. Allowing about 80 feet of his 1/4 thick wire lay ahead of him he would remain in motion. It was tricky and maybe stupid, but his wire would lay with high tensile strength 80 feet ahead of him as he circled the village meaning it would tingle if they encountered something. They were below waist level and were difficult to see as they were 1/4th the thickness of regular wire. Kotaeru would however also be able to reposition his sight since he had activated the Key, this would see him repositioning his sight to a corner/bend each time he was soon to turn so that he didn't run into anything unexpectedly.

Assuming the ANBU got within his vision he would alert Xion immediately. Here are the coordinates of your man, xxxxxx...

Kaon didn't enjoy a tenacious opponent, mostly since he wasn't really a fighter but this time he was prepared. After charging up from before he let out his huge attack, Heat Release: Vapor Cloud, when he noticed the tiger readying for some kind of attack, most likely long range given the current situation of the two. A huge cloud of steam would form from the heat wave given the amount of moisture in the area blocking out the tiger's sight and at the same time swirling around his tail in front of himself just in case the attack continued, the tail would take the brunt of the attack.

When he attacked it was with a huge loud roar of warning for them to stay away, he was unable to think about much of anything in his dire situation. The area around the tiger would soon start to melt away at the force of the heat including the rubble most likely beneath its feet which would cause dis-stabilization where it stood. If the surrounding area melting was bad enough the tiger would also start to feel extremely painful burns, focusing for its attack while not aware if its target moved would prove most difficult for it, and more so the steam would block access to the rest of the village where the gods were...the Anbu would have to find another way through the village unless he was willing to risk taking harmful damage.

Tsuko wasn't having much fun missing but then again he wasn't the killer type and stalling out this guy was more than enough for him. As soon as Malice came from the ground he pulled back and dived back into the rubble as he began circling around to the foreman's back side waiting for another moment, he wasn't going to let the man get away with tricks least of all when he dropped the smoke bomb and kept his scent locked on. Of course he had to step back when the fire came in but he didn't lose sight of the clones and foreman but it would take some work so he went to slightly higher ground with just enough to see the man and a bit of the surrounding area. This guy wasn't escaping that easily but the talk of Anbu did scare him.

When the Creation Leech had done its job, Malice un-merged from the ground looking quite pissed and menacing. He had his run in with Hyougaan Anbu before and after learning the coward style of puppet users he wasn't too thrilled to sit through another fight to learn their's, "If I find that Anbu alive I will gut the both of you," he said in his mind. The tone of it as well as the radiance given would be unmistakable and hard to hide, his true emotion was extremely mad and even Tsuko was feeling the fear knowing it was bad to be around him at this moment. Whether the three charging foremen stopped at the fire or not Malice wouldn't be stopping as he revealed his Terror Gauntlet on his left hand and would block each kunai as they came but overall he wasn't trying to hard so he might obtain some scars in the process but he was aimed to kill the real one, and with a huge crescent swipe with its claws he would attempt to shove the attackers aside.

Leeching back into the ground even should they have been stopped by the fire, only to come out behind the last one he would attempt to grip the man's neck with the claws, easily drawing blood and letting out a huge roar in his face as he barred his teeth. The link would make it clear, he was out to cut the man with his bare hand. Not giving the man time to react, the moment he grabbed him, the right hand would come out and begin slashing at the man until skin came off and he wouldn't stop either. Tsuko watched closely, not the gore but Malice's back in case there was an attack coming from somewhere and he would jump in even though he was half scared to death but he knew if the man attempted to attack with a hand he would undoubtedly bite and tear that hand off, he will.

Edited by Itamimaru
Clarification - bottom of second

OOC: You guys do quite a lot in your posts. Remember other people have actions to do as well.

IC: Arashi covered a fair distance before stopping to look at the field through his Fernglas, also activating Heat Vision and Fire Sight to look through the rubble and flames once he was done with the regular spectrum. What he saw irked him. A dragon and several opponents and other heat-signatures, though a curtain of steam blocked some of his sight. At least that was on the report, and if he couldn't see them through the steam, then that meant they were behind it. Although one of them appeared to already be searching for him.

Impressive... this criminals have cast such a wide net in trying to make sure they weren't interrupted. Oh well, they'll be dead soon.

Because Arashi hadn't laid down in order to find his opponents, he was certain that the scout had already penetrated his camouflage technique. But that didn't mean he had to abandon it. First thing first, take out the magical scout. And quickly.

Arashi started forward, running at a moderate speed for an EJ. His hands were a blur as he went through the seals for his jutsu.

Edited by Blazestorm

(2 boom Butterfly, 24 Beetles, 1 larva, 6 Scieter)

An interesting change overtook Vita as he was confronted with the wolves. literally crawling with bugs, he had an interesting position, seeing that the wolves wouldn't be able to see anything about his form, thanks to the robes that concealed his form. 'ANBU utilizing stealth. Hypothesis? Hiding Camouflage Technique, possibly a supplement.. Suggestion: try to utilize terrain to our advantage. Footprints in snow will give away location.' The surprisingly tactical bug man would announce as he delt with the wolves.

They were the ones at a disadvantage. With his bugs, he was constantly aware of their exact location, and as a result, would be able to react. While Taijutsu was not quite his forte, he would find dispatching the wolves to be relatively simple. They would attempt to swarm him, grabbing at him wherever they could. But they would have trouble sinking their teeth into him as every bite would be lethal to them, a Kunai sticking outward, jamming into their mouths, splitting them open and possibly killing them. If it didn't kill them, it would put them in so much pain that they wouldn't be willing to bite something else due to the hole in either their mouth or their throat. The wolves would be dispatched.

However, with that, he would preform a quick set of handseals, turning himself, and his cloak, Snow white, blending in with his surroundings. But he didn't expect that to be all. 10 of his beetles would start spinning around him, in a tight perimeter, so not even the ANBU would be able to rush between them unharmed.

Another 10 would fly into the air and assist the Scieter. He would make sure that the terrain was scouted properly from the skies, well in the air. If it was possible to locate the ANBU by footprints in the snow, then he would immediately relay the information to his party, otherwise, he would keep everyone on alert the second there was a giveaway.