The Ninja Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ishi_Kudo

[Discussion] Mass Reset Ideas

Aye I agree. Let people run their own crimes/missions up to A rank with some limitations like no apocalyptic events or something that would event the sites lore majorly like blowing up a city. If other sites can make it work and have it be a popular feature then why not try it here again :) Missy had a great idea.

One of the sites that does this that has a massive player base does have rules to it. If you're gong to do a mission without staff involvement there has to be a certain amount of pages to each mission. We could do something similar like.

• C Rank – 2 pages minimum
  • B Rank – 3 pages minimum
  • A Rank – 3-4 pages minimum

Half the reason the staff removed the training systems was to discourage people from doing a bunch of self-paced RPing and grinding out page after page of non-sense to get through rank up.

What you actually did and the quality of your writing should be the barometer, though that is admittedly far less empyrical.

Half the reason the staff removed the training systems was to discourage people from doing a bunch of self-paced RPing and grinding out page after page of non-sense to get through rank up.

What you actually did and the quality of your writing should be the barometer, though that is admittedly far less empyrical.

There is a major difference between grinding out training threads and having a team of people do a mission. I based those page numbers on what I've seen missions take that were completed. Some do take longer though and was mainly just explaining how the other site did it. There are plenty of ways to go about this idea but the need to must have a npc'er run a thread seems silly and in many cases can cause missions to become incredibly drawn out due to getting burned out and inactivity.

Edited by Magicite

Usually a person can get permission to npc something. That and the whole point is quality of the posts and to see if the person actually made an effort to do the mission. Leaving out a specified number of pages is what keeps it more free form as well. Pretty sure thats what people prefer.

I've been to one of those sites. People needlessly draw out their RPs but honestly they were full of repetitive crap. The mods admitted that my RP posts as a beginner on that site were interesting to read, but I got crap items because the generator was based on grammar (intentional lulz words don't count!) and word count (doesn't matter if you say the same sentence in 1000 different ways).

Aye, those gradings were horrible, and the the grammar-nazism was way over the top..

..and fishing skills/rods without fish rewards?! xD

-this a good idea. it can apply to anyone. Someone might enjoy the lower ranks and want to stay genin/chuunin but would like more than one or two rpcs if he's been on the site a long time and is active.

This has actually been something that's irked me for some time.. Due to teams/missions/myself periodically going inactive it's taken me 4 years to get close to the post count required for Chunnin, and while I'm finally planning to push for the rank-up now that I'm almost there, half the reason I haven't made much attempt earlier is because I kinda like being a Genin; most of what's pushing me to rank up now is the desire to finally promote one of my background characters who became an NPC to be my Secondary. I would have liked to have them at the same rank for a while, though..

Edited by Azure

I'd suggest changing A rank and S rank missions to be Player character based, and scrap all ideas about post counts and limits.

Such misisons would require interaction between villages; "Steal information from another village" "Defeat enemy RPCs" "Capture Missing ninja"

It would make high level missiosn more meaningful, and less of random useless to the site missions.

Can't really force people to take part in those kinds of things. Plus then we would need to keep better track of what happens to villages and what each village has or not.

Keeping track of villages can be assigned to current Kage's or any volunteers from the mod/user base. That doesn't really strike me as too hard to do.

There are some Naruto rp sites that have Game Masters of sorts fully dedicated to the development of a village.

*shrug*

I think Missy's idea about the missions/crimes is nice. And as Waki has pointed out, there are solutions...However, there are a few things involved IMO:

1. Like Blaze has said, you don't want to force people to compete against each other directly.

2. Active userbase varies easily

3. Some people have 'Lulz/Social' RPCs who aren't geared towards having power, scaling the ranks could prove worrisome if this happened.

4. Village related Crimes/Missions are difficult as hell because village defenses have gotten exponentially more ridiculous over the years

But its a nice idea...I'm sure we could get to do that without it being compulsory.

I Actually think something we should have is more PVP options though. The presence of comparably strengthed Shinobi should be enough to remove the need for an NPCer in most cases I feel.

Sign in to follow this