The Ninja Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Albacorbis

[Rikuhi] Korra [Shiho, Yoruka]

Name: Korra

Species: Cat

Respective Human Age: 3 years

Length/Height: head to rear length is 45 cm, head to tail tip is 67 cm. Height is 20 cm

Weight: 4 kg

Appearance: Calico coloring, short hair. Fur is mostly black with orange stripes and spots, while the extremities are white. Her tail is slightly crooked from when a customer slammed the door on it on their way out. Wears a black cloth collar with no bell but her name embroidered into it in gold thread. Her face is very impassive unless the situation causes her to become agitated.

Personality: Aloof nature, Korra particularly dislikes people that attempt to cuddle with her as she finds this to be very undignified. She classifies people into three categories; peon, food-giver, and Yoruka. Yoruka is mostly a glorified food-giver, but is still allowed the privilege of sharing "Korra's" bed, and on occasion is allowed to brush her fur, if Korra feels generous.

The vast majority of people fall under the peon classification, which means Korra will ignore them unless they need to be put in their place (with a display of feline ferocity, ie much hissing and angry swiping). Korra dislikes peons getting too close to Yoruka, as too much time spent with the peons means less time to care for Korra's needs. Although she doesn't show it, Korra does care for anyone ranking higher than peon, and she will try to be helpful if she feels the need is great enough. Typically this involves a dead mouse being offered and perhaps some amount of purring.

Korra is not the type of pet to put herself in any sort of danger unless she is truly angered. Instead of engaging a "foe", she will typically wait until they forget the wrongs they have committed, and then strike time and time again from the shadows, bringing down the hammer of justice to the foolish wrongdoers. Missing slippers, papers sliced to ribbons, and a number of live rats appearing in lunchboxes are typical.

Fighting Type: Ninjutsu

Element: Fire

Jutsus: NA

Handseals: NA

Natural Traits: Being a cat, Korra isn't the largest or most intimidating pet. She is incredibly quiet and graceful however, and can jump many times her own height when she needs to. Korra has excellent senses, and can see well in the dark. She is a natural hunter, although it has so far been limited mainly to small mammals.

Specialties: Intelligence (can understand in general what humans are saying, although that does not guarantee that she will listen or agree)

Strengths: Is faster than most cats, and can sustain that speed for longer periods of time. Often while Yoruka was training Korra would follow her and watch. Eventually she would join in, helping both Yoruka and herself by pretending to take something of Yoruka's and run off with it to get herself chased.

Weaknesses: She will often run away from a situation that does not seem favorable unless doing so would put Yoruka in danger in an obvious way. For example, if Yoruka is tied to a post and surrounded by enemies with no one around, Korra will try to rescue her on her own, but will do the bare minimum. In this situation, she would likely try to cut the ropes herself, or provide Yoruka with a knife to cut herself out, and then leave. If the situation is very dire, she might try to provide a distraction, although that would be less likely.

Shortcomings: NA

History: Was given as a pet to Yoruka on her 8th birthday, Korra was 6 months old at the time. Yoruka picked her out of a litter of 5 other kittens, choosing Korra because she had a habit of staring right at Yoruka whenever she spoke, which Yoruka interpreted as Korra being interested in her. In actuality Korra was just beginning to understand humans, and found the still young Yoruka harder to understand than the adults around her. Korra understood that she wouldn't be with her siblings forever, and wasn't saddened by her departure, although she was not pleased that she would be with Yoruka initially. Through much trial and error, the two eventually found a balance between companionship and respect. Yoruka provided for Korra's physical needs, and the occasional need for company. On Korra's part, she mainly kept to herself, but eventually learned that her new "room mate/provider/thing" meant well, and returned some of the kindness as best she could.

Last Pet Profile: NA

Kitty!

Same with your Ninja, at the moment you have 'general weaknesses' which means anything not listed here is weaker, if you are fine with that say so, otherwise add a Shortcoming. Everything else checks out.

Sidenote! You might want to consider getting the jutsu to let you talk to the cat, I see more comedy coming out of not being able to, but later on it would be worth considering =P

I think I'm ok leaving it as is, Korra isn't overly combat oriented anyway. She'll be running away half the time as it is xD

If I can learn the jutsu at a later time I will, but Yoruka won't learn it just yet. It will make Korra's life more interesting this way.

A User MUST have the Ikimono Benkou [Animal Speech] to train and communicate with their pets. One can not rank up there pet unless they have this jutsu first.

Just so you know, if you didn't, you can't rank up your pet unless the owner has that jutsu. Thats for the owner of the pet to have though, not the pet itself. Its in the pet template.

I'm ok with it. I'm not planning on Korra being a large part of Yoruka's fighting style, so not being able to rank her up doesn't bother me too much, she's mostly flavor.

Last I heard that was just for ranking up outside of ranking alongside your RPC, regardless.

doku_approves-1_zps784733b8.png

~ Be sure to obey the RPG Rules

~Be sure to RP your strengths and weaknesses accurately.

~If you have any further questions or comments, you can post them in the RPG Questions and Suggestions Forum