[Konoki] Luna [Sanomi, Jon]

Name: Luna

Species: Tawny Owl

Respective Human Age: 2 months

Length/Height: 9 inches tall, 20 inch wingspan

Weight: 1 lb

Appearance:

030208e.jpg

Luna's is a mostly brown owl with scattered white feathers on her underbelly and around the inner sides of her eyes. Her eyes are also a dark blue

Personality: They say that pets take after their owners. Well this is definitely the case with Luna, at least in some ways. Being relatively young, her maturity level is not very high even with her high level of intellect. She loves pranks and jokes and loves it when Jon gives her permission to perform or includes her in a prank.

Luna is also very loyal and obedient to Jon. She will follow nearly every command even if it puts her life at risk and would even lay down her own for her master. However, this does not mean she will do so quietly for she is never shy about speaking her mind.

Natural Traits

-excellent vision

-Silent flight (Flys through air without making any noise)

-Good night vision

-Excellent hearing and reaction time to said hearing (10x better then humans, takes less than 0.01 of a second to assess the precise direction of a sound.

-Has Sharp Talons/beak

-Good hunter

Specialties:

-intelligence

- observant (notices even the smallest details of anything within her vision.)

Strengths:

-Speed

-Concentration

-Memory

Weaknesses:

- Strength

shortcomings:

-endurance

Edited by Jon

Like Shinobi, pets still require a written appearance. I expect it'll be much simpler, but still.

Also, I watched your link. Owls are scary! >.<

Added a short description. Sorry if its too short but didn't know what else to describe regarding appearance >.>. Also I agree, owls can be scary ^.^

Handseals: Luna can use the feathers of her wings to form handseals

You mean like fingers or something else?...

Ideally yes, Saw it on a different characters pet bird sheet so I thought I would do the same even though Luna currently knows no jutsus. I believe it was on Galerimato's crow that I saw it

Edit: correction, his was worded differently. Changed it. I suppose its irrelevant at this point though so I can remove it and put it in later upon rank up. Also, this is a separate matter but is it possible for a character to perform hand seals for their pet? (I'm assuming no)

Edited by Jon

The handseals are fine, I was just having a hard time picturing it is all. Flying and shooting off jutsu at the same time would probably be a hassle.

As for that other matter, your assumption would be right unfortunately. You can not. That will just have to be a jutsu for you to get in the future.

Also, here's the thing; With Ikimono Benkou [Animal Speech] your bird can already both speak and understand common. Basically that means if you're only getting intelligence as a specialty for that purpose, its kind of redundant. If that's the case I would replace it with something cooler, if not however, I would just remove the part about understanding common altogether.

Well ideally she couldn't make hand seals while flying. Added to profile.

And I thought so but thought I'd be certain.

As for the animal speak. It was my understanding that my pet could only speak common if she knew the animal speak as well but instead of listing type of animal can communicate with it says common and that couldnt understand common automatically. However if this is wrong I will gladly remove that part.

Honestly, I don't like the idea of the owl having two individual ways to form handseals. I would prefer you found a single method that could be done while both flying and on the ground, like maybe hooting or something.

As for animal speak, I assure you, it is the general acceptation that your animal understands common when its owner takes that jutsu. You don't need a strength for that. In fact, having a strength like that is discouraged because its usually a way to get out of having to take the jutsu in the first place.

Okay I removed the understanding common thing as well as ability to use talons to form handseals. But I am confused, is it even possible to use something such as hooting to form handseals? If so I may need to learn a little more about how handseals work before can create a solution that works when flying and when grounded

Edit: I went ahead and just removed the forming of handseals for now since has no use for it as a AS. I will try to come up with a suitable solution upon Luna's rank up.

Edited by Jon

For future notice, you get 1 specialty and 2 strengths free. Anything more must have it's own opposing trait. But AS and the extra specialty isn't a big trait or anything so whatever.

*Half Stamp*

Apologies, I meant to put endurance under shortcomings. Fixed it

Pets and summoned creatures are put in an interesting situation when given mostly free reign to choose a handseal alternative. While a summon's method may be a little more fantastical, pets are pretty open as well. Keep it to something physical/via their own body and it really should be fine. I only brought it up in the first place because I didn't want you going out with a handseal method that you couldn't use while flying, you know, since that's pretty much the best thing about having a bird pet. Taking two methods though wasn't an option...

Anyway, i'm guessing you're pretty tired about talking about handseals right about now, so I'll just give my Half Seal.