The Ninja Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AdalWolf

Question about avy making

hey i recently starting practicing with gimp because i want to become good with avy making. Here are some of the avys i made myself

byakuya.gifkana-1.giflee.gif

but as u can see all my backgrounds are so plain and boring :frown: can somebody explain here or give me a tutorial, video or something to help me make more interesting backgrounds for avys? like this. i just feel like my avys are too boring, and need some guidance in getting better.

504362.gif

Eh... I've never used gimp, but it should work about the same way.

I can't tell you where to find the necessary tools, but I'll explain how the animation works...

Animated files are saved in .gif. Basically they are composed by frames, exactly like a movie. Each frame is a different movement from the image (avy in this case).

The more frames you have the smoother and longer movements you can create, but the heavier the image will become.

I hope that will help you somehow... Now you just need to find where to manage/create frames on gimp so that you can make your own .gif moving avy... Good luck =D

Just letting you know in case wondering, in GIMP, layers work nearly the same way as PS's frames... except layers are easier to work with than frames.

And try some brushes out, adal... most good avy makers use grunge brushes a lot, it seems, and there are other brushes too.

ah grunge brushes is what they called huh? ok thanks, guess i'll look for some, i watched a youtube video when somebody made an fiery looking avy using red and yellow with this funny looking brush. i assume it was a grunge then.

Btw, about the fier avy in your first post, I can take some guesses how that background was made.

First a static background was made and then the same render(bigger size) was put on it with lower opacity(if you carefully notice the upper-right side of the avy, you can see the render near invisible), it might be the other way around too, both might work. And then a fire animation made with either fire brushes or scripts (scripts are easier in gimp) was put over it with lower opacity or overlayed(one of those layer modes in gimp).