Sign in to follow this  
Kambei Shimata

[Hyouga] Cid [Nomura, Jin]

Name: Cid

Species: Bull frog

Respective Human Age: 4 yrs old

Length/Height: 4 inches long, 7 inches long with legs extended

Weight: 1 lb

Appearance: He is a growing bull frong that is dark green on his back and lighter on its stomach area. Has small black spots on its back that will grow as it gets older. As he is right now, they are bigger with growing a year older. He also wears clothing to fit the scenery should he need to or feel like it. Like if its too cold, a beanie and a scarf for example but nothing ever combat oriented. Just to look good.

Personality: Cid will not listen to anyone he can't himself understand, whether its a language barrier or they just speak in a way that annoys him. He typically acts cocky and tries to start fights even if he knows he can't win against bigger foes, mostly towards his predators. Cid becomes more friendly when its to someone that isn't a wimp and shows leadership skills.

With his time with Jin, Cid has grown buddy buddy with him and is now willing to compromise about certain things like not being mean to everyone he meets and he tries but occasionally does it out of habit. He is more energetic now and tends not to stay in one spot for too long.

Cid has a compassionate said that has increased over time and affects his judgement like when something bad happens to an innocent person, he could potentially stop doing what he is doing to check on said person. He also gets angry a bit easy because of this.

Fighting Type: Gen/Nin

Element: Suiton

Jutsu:

Basics

Kinobori

Suimen

Hand seals: Croaking while jumping up and down repeatedly until jutsu is cast

Accessories:

-Shinobi head band used as a bandanna that goes around his neck

-Random hats and clothing that change to fit each occasion.

Natural Traits:

-high jumping

-sticky tongue

-moist body

-underwater breathing

-good at swimming

Specialties:

-good with blades

Strengths:

-is faster at knowing when under a genjutsu than most (this isn't instant and has to be logical of how Cid notices its a genjutsu as always)

-pain tolerance

History:

Cid started his life as a tadpole with many brothers and sisters. He was one to mature fast as he was out first before the rest and actually survived from all of his predators. He lived his life from pond to pond trying to find some family since he left his without even knowing it, though he had to so that he didn't die. He lived off flies and other bugs of his diet and pretty much was on his "I'm a kid and I'll do what I want." mode where he went where he wanted when he wanted. Then when he matured a bit, he started getting cocky, especially with the other predators. He always made fun of them since he was fast enough to avoid getting eaten and they would always shake their fist at him, metaphorically speaking, always telling him that next time they will get him. Thats pretty much his life in a heat beat. His life before Jin.

His time with Jin at academy student level was filled with mischief. He met Jin at an animal shop in Hyouga on Jin's quest for a fellow companion. They have had their good times and bad like when the met Chiharu and her little puppet. That girl seemed to like messing with Cid and he would of coarse take it personal. He also has had a great time laughing at academy students as Jin did his class. He even helped out a bit by watching Jin's six or in other words, his back. It seemed their bond was getting stronger as time passes by.

Cid was with Jin's second class and just laughed at how hard the kids were trying to meet the objectives. Though he couldn't really do anything but just watch Jin's back if he needed it. After they met with a cousin of Jin's by the name of Katsuo. Him and Jin didn't get along together well and Cid was the same with the pet bird Katsuo had since when they met the bird tried to attack him, probably trying to eat him. After getting to know each other some, they were off on a mission to catch the people responsible for destroying the clan's dojo.

Edited by Kambei Shimata

The things I've changed are anything that would change some while aging as well as personality.

I just need to add more to the history and upgrade s/w for both mental and physical. I'll post back when I'm done but other than those two sections, anything is up to being critiqued.

I'm still not a fan of the way age is listed on pet profiles like this one. I'd prefer to know what age group he would be in if he were human. I don't know anything about frogs, so telling me his respective human age is 4 years old (which I'm assuming means he is literally - that being, he's been on the planet for 4 years total) tells me nothing about him other than how long he's been breathing.

Whatever, though. This looks fine to me.

[1/2 Stamp]

-detecting genjutsu

This is the only thing I see atm. Can you explain this a bit more? To be honest I'm not even sure if this is an acceptable strength, but going into detail would help give a better picture of what your after.

Edited. Basically its supposed to be that he can tell when under a genjutsu faster than regular people but not that he can always tell. Just that his observation skills are better than regular. I think i edited it so that its more clear.

Lol omg I thought this was stamped already. Yea it just means he can use small blades like kunai or whatever he actually hold and wield. Nothing more.

Okay, my only critique for this, is that I was told that complete verbal isn't quite enough for a freebie handseal alternative. Can you either include some type of bodily motion to the croaking, or change that please?

Do this and you has my stamp -nods-