The Ninja Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Zett

Awesomesauce Eye-color Request

My RPC has the Lune Bloodline, and due to a few aesthetic variations I'm getting, his final stage is planned to be a shifting red eye while in use. He has the "Star of the Tainted Moon" bloodline, and his Stage 2 is meant to resemble the Sun while his Stage 3 is meant to resemble a Supernova. That my character has a crow theme helps my red-eye plans.

This is one of my earlier works, and what I'll more than likely use for my second stage:

stareye2.jpg

This is the default picture being used for the third stage:

songp.png

So... asking anyone who might be able to. Do you think you could morph the eye-color into a deep shade of red, and make it look good/natural? On par with what I came up with for the second stage?

When I do it, I get something like this:

redsong.jpg

As you can see... not so good at all. You can see traces of yellow leaking through, and it isn't red enough/doesn't look good enough to use.

I would definitely appreciate any help. If you need the photoshop document I used for yellow, I can upload it. Also, please don't work on it if you aren't too sure what you're doing. ^^

Thank you in advance, if anyone looks at this. ~

Red eyes:

madokamagica0807.jpg

Ok rly...

stareye_red.jpg

I selected the yellow color range, made a new layer and colored it in with red, set it on "Color" and duplicated that layer then changed it to "Overlay". If this still sucks, I'll try a different approach when I wake up.

*Clicks spoiler.* ... I got Kyubiroll'd and Kyubeyroll'd. Q~Q! ... *Takes contract anyways.*

Link to original photoshop document. Contains all the layers and everything I used to create the golden-yellow one.

And that one's good, but I end up with a picture like that each time I try, too. *nodnod*

It's the white parts I can't seem to fix or change into another color. I wanted the eye to be more red, dark-red, reddish-black, etc. Whenever I try, I get bright white spots all around. Sometimes pink. =P I can never seem to change the color white into another color.

*Clicks spoiler.* ... I got Kyubiroll'd and Kyubeyroll'd. Q~Q! ... *Takes contract anyways.*

Link to original photoshop document. Contains all the layers and everything I used to create the golden-yellow one.

And that one's good, but I end up with a picture like that each time I try, too. *nodnod*

It's the white parts I can't seem to fix or change into another color. I wanted the eye to be more red, dark-red, reddish-black, etc. Whenever I try, I get bright white spots all around. Sometimes pink. =P I can never seem to change the color white into another color.

The red parts should be darker and the white parts should be red?

try using colorize then set hue to red.. I do it most of the time.

EDIT: oh, this is like a masking layer. you can also adjust the saturation to make it a different hue of red.

hope this helps.

Edited by Stealthy

The red parts should be darker and the white parts should be red?

Aye, but not toooo red. Just a decent shade of red that makes the entire picture look as natural as an unnatural bloodline eye is supposed to look. *nod* The white parts can also exist as black, dark-red, or reddish black; whichever would look best. I wager it'd probably be easier to turn black, but I'm not too sure.

try using colorize then set hue to red.. I do it most of the time.

I use hue layers all the time. It usually comes out as red-bleached. =[

..well you can try lowering the opacity.

another technique is make a colored one (red) save it

make another one (black) as in 0 saturation

then create a new file put the two files as layers the black one on top red underneath it. then erase away with a 25% opacity eraser and show the red spots where you want them seen. erase discreetly just so you see that you want to see.

EDIT: use a small pixel brush.. setting stuff to colorize makes them look bleached if its too saturated so try lowering the saturation once you get the shades you want.

Edited by Stealthy

Aye, but not toooo red. Just a decent shade of red that makes the entire picture look as natural as an unnatural bloodline eye is supposed to look. *nod* The white parts can also exist as black, dark-red, or reddish black; whichever would look best. I wager it'd probably be easier to turn black, but I'm not too sure.

wat?

Also... *flips tables* stupid pink!

stareye_v2.jpg

stareye2_v3.jpg

haha I tried too xD

but I cheated. I used SAI and painted it manually cause I'm busy atm..

I dunno.. here

redeye.jpg

EDIT: Partly cheated xD.. I still used saturation! then painted over the multicolored eyes with a small px brush.. after which I paste another layer of the original eye to get the whites right back to the original greenish hue. and erased the pupil entirely. you can do this with photoshop too.. but im too busy to open PS :] hope it helps.

Edited by Stealthy

Thanks, Stealthy, but Kyubs totally blew me out of the water. XD

stareye3.jpg

I fiddled around with her last try and got this from it. I'm quite satisfeyed. Lolpun. =3

*Rolls around and throws rainbow colored confetti*

Iz so happee right nao. <3