The Ninja Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lee Kang

"Next-Gen Tournament Commence!"

IC: The wind was cool, as it awaited a catalyst to begin its fervent desires. A light rain from the previous day caused the air to be cool but a bit humid. The ground was a bit moist, the water was already absorbed by the land and all that was left was the remains because the saturating and quenching thirst of the land. Amidst a boulevard filled with city shops and the notorious Shinobi University just a mile away, laid the Jeet Kune Do and Martial Arts Dojo Temple. Funded by a group of wealthy investors, and inspired by Kamazaki, Shinot the founder of the Temple, it has survived for quite sometime. The temple resided past an alleyway that intersected the boulevard.

The tall man was slowly approaching the dojo; he was the assistant coordinator of the Academy Tournament along with Shinto, the creator of it and the dojo master of the JKD Temple as well as Koodori’s personal trainer. He had an envelope with the invitations that were made to prominent academy students. With his purple suit and shiny black shoes he walked as an eccentric fellow. He had an envelope in his right pocket; he had his hand inside his pocket for most of the time, until he reached the entrance of the Temple.

He arrived at the Temple and progressively began to open the envelope. The envelope said the following…

Greetings young and fledgling students of the next generation of shinobi, your journey’s genesis has been built in the academy. Now to expedite that foundation, we invite you to the “Next-Gen Tournament”, our wonderful teacher Kamazaki, Shinto is the creator of this great event. The proceedings are as follow; meet up at the JKD Temple on February 15, 2008, to confirm your registration to the tournament, failure to do so will allow other non-invitees to enter the tournament in your place.

The rules are simple, no killing, but there cannot be a draw, there can only be one victor or two losers. The tournament will consist of 16 participants, and will follow the traditional format. The setting will be either of the two, a forest, or right here in the open field. This will test both your abilities of stealth and of direct confrontation also, no person will battle in one arena twice, so if you battled in the forest the first round, the second round you will automatically fight in the open field. The match-ups are as follows…

Hanako, Aku (AKU) vs. Olympus, Ben (Classclown1)

(Open Arena)

Ryuuko, Victor (Kennyrules) vs. Tadashi, Kougi (Treizi)

(Forest)

Daichi, Kento (chimitsu) vs. Takeshi, Flare (Flare)

(Open arena)

Suikatsu, Ronaru (Ronaru) vs. Doragon, Koodori (Lee Kang)

(Forest)

Odina, Grave (Grave Raven) vs. Kemuri, Zaulyl (Zaulyl)

(Open arena)

Kaloren, Blaze (Red-X) vs. Neeka Kami (Anki)

(Forest)

Natomaru, Kuritsu (TwilightRiku) vs. Reigi, Seishin (kaleidoscope user)

(Open arena)

Yamanka Rikama (forumgirl) vs. Sannin, Morkin (weaponk)

(Forest)

OOC: Registration COmplete!

Rikama was just leaving the Academy for a dojo, because there will a tournament starting soon. Before she left she double checked on the weapons she had on her. When she was done and saw everything, she headed out for the dojo.

When she got there she saw a person older than her who seemed to be a contestant. She then looked at the match ups. When she got done with that she looked for anybody that could be the person she was fighting.

"I love the forest."

Then she simply sat and waited for other people that could be her opponent.

Guest chimitsu

Well, my clss just got dismissed, SO I guess Kenny is in. Good luck to flare.

Guest toadfreak

I'm stuck in a class right now, so Just switch me out.

I would like to be in the tournament if not I would like to be a replacement RPC ^^

Guest chimitsu

Does open arena mean we fight anywhere we want, or in a colleseum like setting?

This should be a very interesting fight Kenny, both of our characters are long range fighters.

Dashes through the crowd of people in the main street as he headed towards the temple where the designated area for the sign-ups of the tournament. As soon as he headed towards the dojo, he heard about the listings of the match ups. He heard his name amongst the few.

He thought to himself: guess I ended up nominated.

He smiled to himself internally as he entered the dojo, wondering who would be his opponent for the tournament. He looked through his weaponry bag for a final check to see if he had everything.

Grave: well this might be in an interesting fight...

He said as he sat himself on the floor to catch his breath from the previous dash where he came from the restaurant and also was on a full stomach, almost got sick from the current exercise.

OOC: (( err.. yeah sorry if you didn't want an RP message but thought I would do one. If you want me to change it say so, so I could change it to a normal type message since I'm guessing the only one who have an RP post at the moment. :3

So yeah, I ended up closing my previous thread and I should be able to join the tourney now since nothing was going on over there.))

Ronaru flipped the letter in his hands casually..."This is such an annoyance..." He read the note once again. He'd been invited to some worthless little tournament, and with no proficient jutsu, he was bound to get his ass kicked...again...

He sighed as read the rosters again. He remembered some, like Hotaru, Rikama, and Kougi, from the few times he had met them throughout his days in the academy. He really didn't want to fight Hotaru, especially not so soon after his injuries had fianlly healed. But at least he knew the kids styles. He had no idea about this "Koodori" guy, and he probably would have been better off not, but it wasn't like he could back out now...

He sighed and just sat on a stair of the temple they were supposed to go, flipped open his sketchbook, and started to draw. He had nothing better to do, right?

OOC: Alright, that class is over, so here I am. I'm comin for you, Grave. lol

The fights don't start til tomorrow, right? Cuz I'm pretty much gone for the rest of the night. Alright , seeya later!

Ooc: Flares here, and hyped! xD Good Luck Chimitsu!!! (I know I will need it xD)

Also will this count as a spare? Like for the genin rank up form thing? xD (Sorry that sounded n00bish =[ )

Yes it will count as a spar and just to clarify things, if you are in the current roster and would like to be switched out such as toadfreak then by all means pm me or post it here. There are many that want to join, I will replace toadfreak with AKU. You cannot decide what field to fight in since it changes every round. AKU please enable the pm feature for your profile.

AKU please enable the pm feature for your profile.

yeah i enabled it Lee

This should be a very interesting fight Kenny, both of our characters are long range fighters.

And both wire users, too... I can't wait! Nice match up Lee, whether you intended it or not.

Well I had my own assestment of everyone's Rping ability and characters, so yes it was intentionally. Also for anyone that pays attention to what I post here,

The tourney is separated into two quadrants the forest and the arena. You will face people from the same field as you until the Finals. So if in the first round you are fighting in the forest, then the rest of the people that are fighting in the forest are in your quadrant so you wont have to worry about people in the opposite field until the Final battle, if you make it that far.

I recommend Rp posts here because it would seem weird if your character just appeared in the battle thread out of nowhere, but I will be lenient with that.

hopefully this is before 8 est x__x

-raises hand-

Anki^_^ It is, but I am still looking for replacements, kakashi4141 has not logged on for three days and Zombie and guilherme for two.

IC: Ben was shoving his way through the crowd to see who he will be going up against. He looked at the screen, it said he was to face someone named Aku. Ben tried to remember if he had met him before but couldn't think of any times. Ben thought "Alright Aku, lets see what you've got!"

Ben noticed that Kenny and Danko were both in the tournement. He had sparred these kids before and Ben thought of them as friendly rivals. Ben mummbled "Alright Kenny and Danko this time things are gonna be different... this time i'm gonna come out on top!" Ben was now more determined then ever to claim his first victory and win the tournement.

Sign in to follow this