The Ninja Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Kadajin

???

Good question... I was about to reply on it and then it suddenly dissapeared..

Anyway, desks are not going to dissapear... In case someone trips over them, he will just realize that he was under genjutsu and thats all xD

VERILY!

Somebody nerfed it.

ANYWAY, False Surroundings is a purely visual illusion. Nothing else is affected. So if you make it look like a barren wasteland, the desks are still there. It only *looks* like a barren wasteland. Everyone is still in the classroom, and they can still feel the desks, chairs, etc.

VERILY!

Somebody nerfed it.

ANYWAY, False Surroundings is a purely visual illusion. Nothing else is affected. So if you make it look like a barren wasteland, the desks are still there. It only *looks* like a barren wasteland. Everyone is still in the classroom, and they can still feel the desks, chairs, etc.

So the desks are invisible?

So the desks are invisible?

To anyone affected by the genjutsu, yes. But they can still be felt. And heard, if somebody knocks one over, etc. Only sight is affected.

Edit: So I guess that means they can be smelled and tasted, too... though that would raise some interesting questions about the desks and/or RPCs >_>

To anyone affected by the genjutsu, yes. But they can still be felt. And heard, if somebody knocks one over, etc. Only sight is affected.

Edit: So I guess that means they can be smelled and tasted, too... though that would raise some interesting questions about the desks and/or RPCs >_>

Okay so let's say there is a burning building nearby. Your sense of smell and vision get affected but if you touch a burning wall, would it feel like your hand is burning?

Yes, because pain receptors and heat is the sense of touch, not vision or smell >_>

It changes what the victim sees. Not what is actually there, not what they feel or smell or taste or hear. ONLY what they see. It's not that difficult >_>

You guys are contradicting each other. Does the sense of touch, smell, hear, and taste get affected? or not?

Only sight gets affected, i think... There are some rule in genjutsu rules how many of the senses get affected per rank of the jutsu. Perhaps checking them out would help :-)

What are you reading? Because we're not contradicting each other at all.

if only your sense of smell and vision gets affected by a genjutsu, you would burn your hand.

If only your vision gets affected, you would smell the fire and burn your hand.

Only sight gets affected, i think... There are some rule in genjutsu rules how many of the senses get affected per rank of the jutsu. Perhaps checking them out would help :-)

I need to look around for that. If you can find it, please provide me a link.

What are you reading? Because we're not contradicting each other at all.

if only your sense of smell and vision gets affected by a genjutsu, you would burn your hand.

If only your vision gets affected, you would smell the fire and burn your hand.

Would you feel the burn though?

Magen: Kokuni Arazu no Jutsu [Demonic Illusion: False Surrounding Technique]

Requirements: None.

Description: A genjutsu technique that makes the victim believe that he/she is in a totally different surrounding than they really are. The user creates a whole new surrounding that the opponent ends up seeing, instead of the old one, giving the user the advantage as only they would be aware of the exact lay of the land. However, note that people, pets, puppets, weaponry, the user, and the target are not part of the surroundings. These things stay where they are.

Post duration: Indefinite; keep in mind the chakra drain though.

Like Aet said, we aren't contradicting each other. Refer to the bolded section above; only sight is affected. None of the other 4 senses. So you could make fire disappear, but the victim would still smell smoke and feel the heat, and probably hear the sound of the fire burning, because fire does make noise >_>

Like Aet said, we aren't contradicting each other. Refer to the bolded section above; only sight is affected. None of the other 4 senses. So you could make fire disappear, but the victim would still smell smoke and feel the heat, and probably hear the sound of the fire burning, because fire does make noise >_>

Oh shit...wait you have it backwards...sorry if I didn't make it clear. If the ILLUSION was a fiery building, would you feel the burn? According to you, the fiery building(illusion) would not burn you nor would you feel like you are burning. Right?

Would you feel the burn though?

You obviously would, I already stated that in the post before that one ~__~;;

You obviously would, I already stated that in the post before that one ~__~;;

Read my post above, I didn't make it clear what was an illusion or not.

Oh shit...wait you have it backwards...sorry if I didn't make it clear. If the ILLUSION was a fiery building, would you feel the burn? According to you, the fiery building(illusion) would not burn you nor would you feel like you are burning. Right?

Ah. There we go. Now we see where all the confusion is coming from. No, the victim would see the burning building, but would not feel the fire, nor would they hear the fire burning, nor would they smell the smoke.

Ah. There we go. Now we see where all the confusion is coming from. No, the victim would see the burning building, but would not feel the fire, nor would they hear the fire burning, nor would they smell the smoke.

Okay got ya. So all real properties remain the same and only sight is affected. Does it change the higher the rank of the jutsu as Kopra mentioned? I presume so but just to make sure.

there is a B ranked jutsu that causes people to see their flesh fall off and feel imense pain....

Higher ranked genjutsu could affect more than 1 sense, but it's not as if your C rank genjutsu suddenly get to affect mutliple senses as you rank up >->

Higher ranked genjutsu could affect more than 1 sense, but it's not as if your C rank genjutsu suddenly get to affect mutliple senses as you rank up >->

Ah okay. Thank you all very much for answering my questions.

For the life of me, I cannot find the genjutsu rules that describe how many senses can be affected by a genjutsu at each rank >.<

Sorry, man.

Ugh, perhaps there is no rule, but i definitely remember reading something. Perhaps in the jutsu creation rules. *shrug*

Sign in to follow this