The Ninja Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DeepSix

!!! Genin Exam !!!

(The genin exams are mandatory for all Academy Students and without them a user cannot rank up to genin.

You are allowed to enter this exam with no penalties even if you are otherwise caught in another thread that you simply cannot leave.

Note that your reply here -which is needed- should not actually contain any of the required answers. Instead those answers have to be PMed to me. Just be sure it's clear which answer goes to which question. Once you send me your answers they can no longer be changed at a later date so be sure you get them right the first time around.

Least but not last this exam will only be open for 2 weeks. Miss it and you'll have to wait 2 months for the next one.

Assuming you have any other questions feel free to PM them to me.)

Katsuro slowly made his way to the auditorium in which many of the students were going to take a rather important exam within the next few hours. He locked the door behind him and proceeded to check around the room, wanting to make sure that nobody prepared any cheating material in advance. That would've been unfair to the other students after all... Besides, if cheating had to be used then the least a future shinobi could do was be creative and actually manage to trick the proctor. At least Katsuro believed that if a student was cunning enough to outsmart a chunin then that student surely deserved just as much praise as a student that actually studied hard.

Finding nothing out of the ordinary Katsuro then started moving through the rows, placing the exam sheets face down and thus indirectly making it clear where the students were supposed to be seated. He made sure there was enough distance between them so that discreet glances around would not be a valid cheating option for anyone. Once he was done with that task the chunin made his way to the large blackboard in the front where he began writing down the following:

1. The exam will take 2 hours and not a minute longer. If you finish before that time then hand in your paper and quietly leave.

2. The pass percentage for this exam is 70% (14 marks). Fail and you will end up repeating a whole year.

3. No cheating. If you are found cheating then you will fail this exam and end up repeating a whole year.

4. No talking. If you have any questions at all then raise your hand and ask the proctor.

5. Good luck!

Good, now that the ground rules were set all that remained was prepare for the actual exam. For this purpose Katsuro created 5 elemental bunshins, four of whom were supposed to stay in corners and from there make sure the students wouldn't try anything funny. One of the remaining Katsuros took a seat at the front desk and the other one was left alone to wonder around as he'd see fit. Just ten minutes before the exam would begin one of the identical chunins would unlock the door and allow the students to storm in and take their places. Once Takahashi's watch would indicate it was time to begin the Katsuro sitting at the front desk would simply state a clear yet monotonous sounding You may begin.

Name: ...............................

Village: ..............................

Date: .................................

Genin Written Exam

Section One - Basic Jutsu (3 marks)

Question #1:

You are tasked with a very important mission – finding and returning a cat to its rightful owner. After hours of searching you finally find the elusive feline but before you could catch it the cat runs away using a drainage pipe. You of course try chasing after it but alas the pipe isn’t big enough for you to fit in no matter how much you try. Now, is there any basic jutsu that you could use to crawl through it regardless? (1 mark)

Question #2:

You are tasked with another important mission - go to a nearby park and clean it up. The park is rather large and there is all sort of junk thrown everywhere - soda cans, sheets of paper, cigarette mugs, some plastic bags and lots more. Sadly you are supposed to accomplish your task by yourself, but thing is that would take whole hours. To make matters worse there is this great party that you'd really rather go at instead. Is there any basic jutsu that you could use in order to speed things along? If so which one? (1 mark)

Question #3:

You won't believe your luck but apparently Fluffy, the cat you were assigned to catch in the past once more managed to run away. Given your past experience with Fluffy, the kage has tasked you with the following mission - catch and return the feline to its rightful owner. After a long and tiring hunt you finally corner the animal in a back alley filled with trashcans and cardboard boxes. You know by now that approaching the cat or simply making sudden movements will make it run away once more. Still, you are a shinobi capable of using all sorts of cool jutsu techniques. Of all the basic jutsu that you were taught, can you think of any that could be used in this situation? If so which one? (1 mark)

Section Two - Elements (6 marks)

Question #4:

List 5 known elements as well as their reactions when using chakra paper. (2 marks)

Question #5:

In your opinion what is the most offense-oriented element? Why? (2 marks)

Question #6:

What about the most defense-oriented element? Again, why? (2 marks)

Section Three - Equipment (4 marks)

Question #7:

What is the largest projectile weapon usually employed by a shinobi? (1 mark)

Question #8:

There are a few standard pills that a shinobi occasionally uses during a mission. List all those pills. (1 mark)

Question #9:

Remember Fluffy, the cat you were sent to find not once but twice now? Yes well you probably won't be surprised to learn that it escaped... again. And you were somehow sent to bring it back... again. Well, after picking up its trail you managed to corner it inside a warehouse building. Sadly the same techniques you tried in the past will no longer work this time. You do have a pouch filled with all sorts of ranged projectiles however and you get the idea of using those to catch the pesky animal. Question is which type of projectile weapon to use in order to bring Fluffy back alive... and more or less unscathed? (1 mark)

Question #10:

A mission goes wrong and you find yourself surrounded by lots of opponents making escape unlikely under the circumstances. Thankfully you have your trusty pouch of goodies with you. Reaching inside you grip something... What is the item that you are preparing to use in order to escape? Choose carefully cause the other guys are already preparing to charge and beat you to a pulp. (1 mark)

Section Four - Trivia (5 marks)

Question #11:

What is the current Ooikage's name? (1 mark)

Question #12:

How old is the Hikage? (1 mark)

Question #13:

Where is the Black Market of Seichi rumored to have its headquarters? (1 mark)

Question #14:

In which country can the Great Tree of Life be found in? (1 mark)

Question #15:

Is the Kazekage male or female? (1 mark)

Section Five - Greater Ambitions (2 marks)

Question #16:

For what reason(s) do you want to become a Genin? (1 mark)

Question #17:

If you become a genin, what would be the first important thing you would do and why? (1 mark)

Tsubame walked calmly into the spacious room making sure to take note of his surroundings, this would hopefully be a once in a lifetime opprotunity, and he wanted to remember the place he was when he passed his genin exam.

Five senseis? Four must be clones. There'll probably be no cheating on this test. Good, we wouldn't want any unfair advantages.

He would bow to the sensei at the desk though he was almost certain it wasn't the real one, and than took a seat. After a while the sensei would tell the students to begin, and at that he would turn over the exam paper and fill it out. After about an hour he would than stand up and hand the paper too the sensei sitting at the desk.

~exit~

OOC: I hope this will sufice. :)

Engi walked into the class room and read the rules as he got the Exam from his Proctor.

Ok time to begin. The first one is tricky but the rest are some what easy.

After finishing his test. He'd give the exam to the Proctor and leave.

-Exit

Shinji walked inside the exam room and asked the proctor for his test. After reading the rules and going over them twice he looked around for a second. "So many academy students here." After saying this he starts his exam.

After spending a good hour in the room Shinji finally finishes up his exam, hands it in to the proctor, and silently exits the room.

[Exit]

The exam started without any incidents and seemed to continue in the same manner. Which was good, both for Katsuro but especially so for the young students. The pain that they might end up experiencing otherwise could simply prove too much for their still developing minds to handle. Not that the chunin prepared certain punishment methods for any potential troublemakers. It wasn't like he could just put on a mask, kidnap the brats and do all sorts of evil things to them in the nearby gym that just so happened to have an active soundproof chakra barrier active...

Some of the kids apparently started finishing their tests. One... Two... Then even a third walked up to the front desk and handed in their tests before making their way out of the room. The Katsuro at the desk looked through them, curious to see what the kids answered.

I see... So this is how much attention these kids have paid in classes huh?

Miyuki walked into the classroom, fiddling with her hands as she took her seat.

Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath to try and calm her nerves. It couldn't be that bad right? No need to be nervous. Laughing at her silly fears she glanced down to the paper at her desk. Nodding once to indicate she understood the rules, she set to work on her paper.

A short while later, Miyuki beamed a wide smile, setting her pencil down on the desk as she looked her test over one last time. 'Well that wasn't so hard... I think I did pretty good!' Gathering her things, she made her way up to the large desk at the front of the room, handed her paper to the proctor, then left the room.

[Exit]

OOC:(I dont want to force you to read my long post that you might find anoying so I used the spoiler here)

[OOC: I hope you dont mind the colors]

Hotaru was wandering around the academy when he saw notice on the board sayng about genin exam, he wasnt ready to be genin of that he was convinced, but why dont give that test a shot maybe it will be fun and it also could help him to kill some time. With that he made his way to the place. . .

Hotaru looked over the class, It was empty but he noticed few papers on the teachers desk. Allready three student finished. . .that seems strange, they have two hours on this and they leave in the matter of minutes. Where are those people rushing nowdays, evryone is like they are having an important meeting to catch. Anyhow I still have plenty of time so why wouldnt I sit here for hour or two, after all I can allways rewrite this so no big deal.[/I]

Hotaru picked up blank test and seated himself on the desk near window. He glanced at the clouds. The weather was quite cloudy, clouds were in different shades of grey, there was mild wind shaking the trees and it looked like the rain is about to come soon. Such beatifull clouds, some would think that the clouds are pretiest on the Summer day when they are pure white, but I simply cannot understand them. What is beatifull on white, one simple color there is nothing interesting in that. The gray coulds however are complex ones they have many shades and looks, they kinda remind me of the fact that life is not allways simple and easy, although I usualy hate that fact while I am looking at that beatifull myriad of shades It also reminds me why I enjoy living. Right now when the clouds seems too heavy to bear themselves, when they are like one big mass that is about to fall, it looks like if the heaven itself couldnt bear the weight of human sin and its inevitably going to crash on the very ground. . . . . . . .

Hotaru realizes that he is gazing through the window for nearly five minutes

. . . . .omh eh well I gues its time to write something or they will think that I am here just to chill out, which is mostly true but anyway I should at least look at the questions. Hotaru reads few questions and thinks about them. Interesting I now understand why those students were that quick to finish. Questions are easy arent they? Now that I am asking I must say that there is no such thing as an easy question, how would you define the hard or easy question? Would it be by knowledge needed for the answer, by the quickness of mind, by the observation skill, by ability to see through lie or would it be just by pure luck. I think that question: 1+1=? is equal to 1874249815 -67841347=? there is little difference they are both same type, why should one be described as hard? Just because it takes more time to finish? I dont belive that, I am convinced that those 17 questions deserve their two hours.

Hotaru slowly starts to write, taking his time he is slowly filling the test. . . .

(OOC: I hope you dont mind taking bit control over the weather, I just couldnt find description. Also I would like to post a new post after I send out the answers, maybe its just that I am trying to farm some posts, but anyway I dont like the idea of writting simple post like: He comes into room takes his seat write a test and leaves -EXIT. The exam deserves something more.)

Another female student stood up, made her way to the front desk, handed her exam sheet, then turned around and walked out of the room. During this time the chunin clones kept a close watch on everyone else, making sure they would not try anything. It was in their best interest not to let others cheat since a higher passing percentage would ensure better treatment in their new teams. It wasn't official of course but most jounins tended to take better care of their most promising subordinates. The ones with the lower marks were also usually trained harder and made to run all sorts of errands. But of course these were simple rumors as nobody would actually dare come out and openly state such facts...

These are rather simple questions, Katsuro thought as he glanced over them. The whole trivia section seemed somewhat unneeded since knowledge was less important to a shinobi than his ability to actually think and come up with different strategies and tactics. If it was up to Katsuro then the whole exam would not have been written but rather held outdoors, allowing the students to actually show what they were capable of. Certain accidents and perhaps even casualties were bound to happen eventually but then again the students that would survive would also be stronger and better prepared for the hardships of geninship. But alas it was unlikely the principal would allow such ideas given the political pressure from each of the hidden villages...

Guest Hotaro

The ice heroine had slipped herself into the room of the Genin Examination, glancing around slowly. She was not early, and she didn't want to be. She wasn't late either, arriving in a decent amount of time. People were sitting at the desks, pencils quivering as they wrote shyly, their minds riddled with the thoughts of failing. She walked to a seat in the back calmly, flicking her fringe out of her face. Violet eyes moved over the four proctors all standing in the corner. Her eyebrows quirked slightly as she sat down into a chair.
"I assume they must be clones.."
she thought, before focusing on the test. As she had written her name on the test, Miyuki read every question - some questions twice - and began.

Within ten minutes, give or take a few seconds, she had finished. With an air of confidence surrounding her, she stood up, picked up her paper and handed it to a proctor. The proctor nodded at her, Miyuki nodded back, and exited the room, her chest feeling lighter. Even the ice queen herself could not help but feel.. anxious about a Genin Examination.

--Exit--

after the door's was unlocked Mulvad walked in and found himself a good spot a few feet's away from any he knew so he wouldn't be tempted to cheat.

As the class room got filled he sat down and read the rules for the test.

hmm i understand why we should try not to cheat but five clones seem's a little dramatic but if the sensei thinks thats what is needed he is probleply right.

he though as they where told that the test started.

He looked down on the paper and answerd the questions in a steady phase so he got time to think about the questions.

and when he was confident in his answers, he reread them and then walked up to the sensei and gave him the test with the answers filled on it.

he left the classroom calm and confident.

~exit~

Walking through the corridors of the Shinobi University, the young Hyoujun was stripped of all her weapons; the Bokken that was normally strapped to her back had been left behind, the Kunai she kept hidden upon her hips were tossed into a white leather bag, along with the Shuriken that rested behind the white orchids in her hair. All had been removed and she was completely bare of any weaponry once she entered the auditorium where the Genin Exam was to take place. However, the mirror was carefully carried into the room and it was carried with great caution by Kanna; held closely to her middle torso.

As she entered the room, five identical clones; or so she assumed clones, were strategically placed here and there, but she paid them no attention while making her way to the furthest corner of the room. Gazing ahead after taking her seat and placing a sharpened pencil on the left side of the desk, Kanna watched effortlessly as the Sensei wrote rules on the blackboard; ones she didn't read but merely stared at. Other students; potential corpses, she thought of them, began to fill the room and were reading the rules before taking the test. The Snowflake appeared to be vacant as she sat in the back of the room, observing the entire class as they quickly scribbled answers and occassionally glanced around to see the progress of others.

In other words, Kanna appeared to be the epitome of a perfect wallflower.

The time for completion of the Genin Exam was two hours and it had now been one hour, fourty-nine minutes, and twenty-seven seconds into the Exam. But Kanna had not moved a single muscle except for the optic nerves behind her deep sapphire hues.. The test had not been read nor had it been written on then suddenly, the young Hyoujun lowered her head and stared into the mirror resting upon her lap. Staring into an abyss for a few moments, she finally lifted the pencil with her left hand and furiously wrote answers down; reading them only seconds before writing.

Once she was finished, Kanna removed herself from the desk; holding the mirror with her right hand and the test with her left. She walked up to the large desk where the Sensei stayed, observing with an ever watchful eye, and placed it in front of him.

"This earth will be draught of flesh and blood," she whispered to the Sensei in a frigid tone of voice then abruptly left the auditorium with a stoic expression gracing her alabaster features.

EXIT

More time passed as the students apparently did nothing except think and write. Or maybe just write, skipping the whole thinking process. Given some of the younger kids expressions this too was very much possible after all. Though this raised the following question for the chunin - how would anyone hope to become a shinobi if such simple questions posed any trouble to them. If it were up to him those that failed this exam would end up being expelled, their dreams of becoming shinobi forever crushed...

But then again not everyone looked lost though, and proof of this were the kids that kept getting up and handing in their papers. Some of them looked confident, some looked relieved, some uncertain and some simply had expressions that couldn't really be read that easily. The mark of a good shinobi, Katsuro thought as he looked at the latter ones...

A female student in particular caught the attention of one of the clones stationed furthest back in the room. That was because the student brought with her a mirror of all things. Now the clone did keep a close eye on her, wanting to make sure nothing would occur with the help of that mirror, but as far as he could tell the mirror in question was not used for cheating. At least not in any conventional way at any rate... Had the girl cheated somehow using some strange and exclusive jutsu? Who knew... the important thing was that if she did then she managed to get away with it.

This earth will be draught of flesh and blood.

Words whispered by the same student as she walked to the front desk and handed her paper. The proctor sitting at the table merely raised an eyebrow, either because he couldn't understand Hyougaan or because he wasn't sure what the girl meant assuming she used Common. Oh well... it wasn't likely important for him personally, so why bother learning more?

Hotaru was almost done which made him quite dissapointed since he was having fun writting it. Anyway he has countinued to the few last questions. As he was filling them he looked around the room more carefully, and finded out that there was more than few people that were writting this test. Hmm quite nice class. . . . ., not that I would really like it, but I know what I ment, at least I hope so. . . . . .Clones? Five of them? I dont know why would anyone put some effort into making few clones just for one little exam, besides I bet that 80% of students can tell right away that they are just clones. It would be funny however if once in a while someone placed real people there, I kinda wonder how would it look like. I wonder why they care about this exam so much, I mean its just genin exam, exam where you really dont need any special skills or training, you are just simply writting answers. Maybe they are trying to make this test look like a big deal, just to enjoy the look on your face when they tell you that even if you passed, your only misions will be containing mostly just pointless park clearing, finding missing cats and that kind of stuff.

After filling evrything that he wanted Hotaru observed the class. He looked at the teacher, then at his answers, then at the wall, then through the window. . . . . .After few minutes of just looking around he decided that he can waste his time more efectively. One last look at his answers followed by small *sigh* and he stood up, delivered the paper, left the class, thought about stuff like: why he was even writting that test, but after some thinking he decided that it was a good way to spend time. . . .

Guest Redtaurus23

Olegas entered the room, excited to take the test. He walked quickly around the room, finding a seat close to the front of the classroom. His eyes immediately spotted the writing on the blackboard, listed with the rules of the exam. He had studied his best for this test, remembering all the precious knowledge his older brother had shared with him while he was still with his family. He took a deep breath to calm himself down. He had the positive attitude for this test, but he didn't want it to get to his head. The tan hyougan boy grabbed a pencil and wrote his name on the exam. Time to begin!

The test was just as easy as he expected it to be. At some arbitrary intervals during the test he would stop to take a deep breath. He couldn't his overconfidence fail him. He took his time, carefully re-reading some questions and finishing up. When he completely done he walked over to the proctor and handed the test to him. He left the classroom quietly yet full of the thoughts that had spawned from the test where his mind began to wander.

-Exit-

Yukai had always been... well special. and to show his extreme specialness he decided he would take the genin exam early. In his haste he forgot his pencil, the time of the exam, the room number, what building it was in and where he was for the duration of the day. However when he did finally arrive Yukai was sure to make a scene so no one would miss him.

The test was fairly easy, Yukai coming out on top like a champ. If only his eraser could say the same, the poor thing had been bitten to pieces and was likely not to survive surgery. but worry not my fair citizens its death shall not have been in vein! Yukai stretched loudly, the professor seemed at the end of his rope. This could be due to the fact that every seven second Yukai could be heard saying something like "umm" or "hey sensei what does this mean" or "i like onigiri" But fortunately everyone survived the grueling test... except for that poor eraser, who's funeral is on monday if anyone wishes to attend and pay their respects.

Time was slowly running out for the students. Plenty had already finished but a few were still sitting down, looking preoccupied and writing god only knew what. How many of those individuals would end up failing this exam Katsuro asked himself. Not knowing how to cheat, not knowing how to study and most importantly not knowing how to think... those remaining students were really screwed and would likely end up either getting their teams killed or end up being used as distractions or humans shields by those teams. At least that was something that the chunin would end up using failures for...

More and more students kept getting up, walking to the front desk and handing in their papers. Whether the kids finally got the answers right or they just resigned to the thought of being failures, this Katsuro had no way of knowing. The proctor at the desk merely accepted the exam papers, on occasion looking at the answers written there. Some were good, a very few were brilliant, most however were horrible and the strict chunin wondered what the passing rate of this exam would be - 60%, 70% maybe? Oh well, it was none of his concern after all...

Aki opened his eyes and out the window. Sun shine filled his eyes, he rolled over and then the thought hit him. The sun was nearly in the middle of the sky, crap he was late. He grabbed a pencil and raced out of his dormitory and headed to the examination room. He swung open the door more forcefully then he had meant and it slammed agaisnt wall. Most of the remaining students looked up to see who it was, Aki blushed as he walked up to the proctors desk. Aki bowed and took the paper and went and took a seat. Aki scribbled down the answers as fast as he could and probably filled in some of the questions with a bit more detail. Aki stood and walked to desk out the front and handed in his paper and walked out.

Rai entered the class room and sat down quickly to take his test. He looked over the test a few times and sighed. Man..this really blows, oh well, gotta do it i guess if i wana be a Genin.. "This earth will be draught of flesh and blood" What the hell does that mean..oh well, gah!! i dont even know what half of these questions mean!! How can i answre a question if i dont even know what its asking. Great tree thing? huh?? Oo..i.....kage..? huh!!???????? uhg.....and it is so hard to focus with Yukai and his, wait? What the? is he EATING his eraser? idk what that kid is ever doing....sigh. Rai slammed his head on his desk trying to knock some sense into himself and did so a little harder than he had ment to. "Ouch.." Rai raised his head that now had a big red spot on it and filled out the test finishing just in time. He got up seeing not very many students left. He placed the test paper on the teachers desk and left hoping he didnt fail and rubbed his forhead as he left the room.

Just a few more minutes and the exam would be over. Those that managed to finish in that time... well good for them. Those that failed to finish, well hopefully they'd already managed to write enough right answers to give them a passing grade. And if not... well it wasn't really Katsuro's concern. If students were incapable of passing this test then they were not ready to become genins. Better they be flunked now and be forced to repeat the year than die, or worse end up getting their teams killed off. At least the Nagarian students anyway. And maybe the Hyougaans. And maybe, just maybe the ones from Rikuhi as well. The Konoi and Sati however... nobody loved them anyway.

Staring at his watch Katsuro waited for the seconds to slowly pass. Five, four, three, two, one and there it was - the two hours had finally passed and the students found themselves out of time.

Pencils down!

A simple command, spoken without any joy or enthusiasm really. It also signaled the other clones to move in and gather the remaining exam sheets. Once that task was done all the papers were brought to the front desk. The real chunin picked them up and lightly struggled to form a single seal - Shunshin. As he disappeared, the remaining clones also poofed away no longer having any more chakra to draw upon.

Now to get these reviewed and graded...