The Ninja Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The_Great_Jounin

Daft Punk Tag Tutorial

1) Open a new canvas. I chose 400x120

Now take a colour from your render and black for 2nd colour and make a radial gradient

DFTT-1.png

2) Now using the line tool make three, 2px lines

DFTT-2.png

3) Add the render, and filter- distort- ripple

Use settings, 999% and set to large. You can do twice of desired

DFTT-3.png

4) Add the render again set it to normal and 90% opacity

DFTT-4.png

5) Using a 150 px soft brush create a light source.

A few clicks is all it needs

DFTT-5.png

6) Using a circular vector brush (you can download them at deviantart), brush the circles at the opposite side of the render.

Then make a new layer and apply image. Create a clipping mask (right click the layer you just applied image to and select: create clipping mask, move around the layer until you get something you like

DFTT-6.png

7) Add the render again and put it as the top layer. Do another ripple and erase parts you don't like and any ripple that's on the render.

DFTT-7.png

8) Now make a new layer, apply image and go to filter- distort- displace and select another tag you made and click OK. Erase all the parts you don't like.

DFTT-8.png

9) Now add some white dots using the 9px and 13px soft brush

DFTT-9.png

10) New layer, apply image and do another filter- distort- displace and erase parts you don't like

DFTT-10.png

11) Add two photo filters, I used warming filter and and underwater filter both stock settings

DFTT-11.png

12) Add some black scanlines, make them go with the flow of your tag. I made mine go from bottom right to top left. Lower the opacity if needed, I set mine to 15%

DFTT-12.png

13) Add some sparkle brushing. Brush some black and some white. Erase any brushing that's on your render and any you don't like

DFTT-13.png

14) Using the burn tool, burn some parts of the sig

DFTT-14.png

15) Now for the text in a calm spot of the sig make 4 3px white squares. Add text beside the right upper square in 10pt size. Make the text the same colour as a colour from your render. Beside the right of the text make the same 4 squares but this time the same colour as your text. Now add your name in white, 14pt size

DFTT-15.png

16) Add more photo filters, using any you want, it's your choice.

DFTT-16.png

17) Make a new layer and apply image. Go to filter- sharpen- sharpen. Erase any sharpening that it too much; and lower the opacity if you feel necessary

DFTT-17.png

18) To make an outline of your render, make a new layer and add your render to it and place that layer on top. Move your render to a side and using the magic want tool select one side of your render. make a new layer and select it. Go to edit- stroke and make a 1px white stroke. Go back to your render layer and make it invisible (click the eye). Lower the opacity to what you like, I used 100%

DFTT-18.png

19) For the last step make a new layer and click Ctrl + A to select the canvas. Go to edit- stroke and make a 1px white stroke

DFTT-19.png

Now you're done!