The Ninja Forum
Sign in to follow this  
anomie

[Konoki] Hokkaido, Kiyomi

Name: Hokkaido, Kiyomi

Height: 5'6

Weight: 110 lbs

Appearance:

Kiyomi has long black hair that she wears in a ponytail most of the time when she does leave it down it flows down to her lower back. Her eyes are a mixture of brownish yellowish green that change with her mood. She carries a medium sized blue satchel on her back for her supplies. In which Chii and Chyo her monkeys sometimes like to sleep inside. Most other times they hang from her hair chattering to her about random things. She has a curvy figure and fits comfortably in her blue cargo pants and white cotton shirt with a matching blue sash that hides a few extra weapons. Her feet are clad in comfy light weight sandals (though she prefers to go barefoot) She is attractive but doesn’t think of herself as so.

Level/Rank: Genin

Village: Konoki

Language: Common (accented) and Konoi, Sign language (common)(taught by grandmother)

Main/Favored Weapon:

• Tri-Staff- when screwed together it is a 6' long by 1"&1/4" inches in diameter. The staff unscrews apart into 3x 24" sections connect by 1" lengths of steal chain. It is made of aluminum and weighs 4 lbs.

tristaff.jpg

Side Arms:

• 2 Fuuma Shuriken

• 8 Kunai’s

• 3 oz Small tube of Ointment

• 50 feet of Wire

• 4 Exploding tags

• Small case holding

o 2 light bombs

o 1 boom bombs

• Small case holding

o 1 food pill

o 1 water pill

o 1 soldier pill

Element: Suiton (Water)

Fighting style: Genjutsu and Ninjutsu

Specialization Traits

Animal Connection- Kiyomi loves animals and understands animal anatomy she can also perform most civilian grade veterinarian procedures. Even though she not qualified for Shinobi work. She spends most of her time in the forest around animals and prefers their company.

Chakra Contral – has amazing chakra control which helps with her med-nin vet studies as well as protecting herself when necessary. Chakra control also aids her in healing animals and people when needed to the extent of her abilities.

Strengths

Flexible – practices yoga often and meditation, climbs trees quickly (she lives in a tree house) and can fit through some tight spots. Is able to fit into places most people would never think of to hide if need be.

Speed – she is fast on her feet so she can easily run from her enemies her acceleration helps keep those behind her far away. Running also helps her to keep in shape. Kiyomi runs at least three miles a day.

Intelligent – Incredibly smart can pick up a new talent or jujtsu quickly. Is able to understand the workings of medicines herbs to help heal patients. Is always striving to learn new things and is at the top of her class.

Weaknesses

Strength – She is very feeble and tends to use her intelligence to not have to use her physical strength. Cannot do much in hand to hand combat and tends to run from any physical fight. She depends on her ability to move swiftly and think to counter balance her lack of strength.

Cold – Descends into hypothermia quickly, needs to stay in warm climates or else she becomes very ill and immobile this begins at anything under 45 degrees F/ 7 C. She tries to stay away from cold areas only venturing in them for missions and helping animals. She can not stay longer than 1 day in a cold place (if dressed appropriately) or else she will be extremely sick and someone will have to physically take her somewhere warmer. Cold weather effects her immediately, her chakra control and speed are useless.

Pain Tolerance – Is extremely tender and cannot tolerate physical harm to herself hence her reason to stay away from physical fights. She can deal with small scratches and bites as animals tend to do so on accident from time to time, but anything worse she crumbles like a child.

Phobia of lightning - (starts shaking uncontrollably and blocks out all that is around her) Natural and Raiton-induced. Thunderstorms and Raiton users are not her friend. She enjoys a bit of rain but lighting renders her useless.

Shortcomings

Stamina - though Kiyomi's chakra control is heightened she can only use it for a certain amount of time. This can become a problem when trying to do too much at one time. It takes Kiyomi at least an hour before she can focus and use her chakra again. This also hinders on her ninjitsu and genjitsu as she can only use her chakra for so long. This makes her not the best in combat situations and why she focuses mainly on her studies in healing animals and people.

Awkward – Is more at home around animals then people. People tend to make her a bit nervous and it’s hard for her to trust anyone. She can hold a decent conversation but she prefers to stay away from the general population. She feels strange and unable to be sociable as the normal person would.

Stubborn – Will not stop once she has her mind set on something which gets her into trouble more often than not.

Jutsus:

• Bunshin no Jutsu (Clone Technique)

• Henge no Jutsu (Transformation Tech)

• Kawarimi no Jutsu (Body switch tech)

• Ikimonou Benkou ( Animal Speech ) primates as well as felines.

• Kasumi Jusha -Cue for this will be a high pitched whistle from Kiyomi to get the persons attention.

(3 empty slots for custom use later)

Background:

Kiyomi strives to prove that she can become a Shinobi like her three older brothers before her. Being the youngest child of the family as well as the only female makes it hard on her to accomplish her goals. Though her brothers are famous throughout Konoki she is extremely undermined by her family whom thinks she should become a wife and raise a family instead of becoming a ninja.

Finally at thirteen Kiyomi was allowed to enter into the academy on the conditions that if she did not do well she would give up her dreams and obey her parents’ wishes, her confidence in herself keeps her apart from other girls at the academy whom dislike her for her beauty and intelligence. The male students she interacts with always treat her as if they should protect her like a little sister and easily get on her nerves. She is a quick learner and is one of the top students in her class.

Kiyomi enjoyed the academy life and was happy to be done with it moving on to a genin to help her community. Even at the age of sixteen she knew she still had a lot to learn. She moved out of her parent’s house into a tree house she built herself after months of hard work. She began to learn about wildlife and the world around her and enjoyed nature and the animals so much she wanted to become a med-nin/med-vet as soon as she was able too start studying. On the weekends she would meet with her deaf grandmother to learn common sign language and help around the house. She spends her week days working on her jutsu’s and helping where she can. Most of her time is spent at the orphanage helping children in need, that is when she is not on a mission.

Sample Post:

Kiyomi sat on the branch of her favorite tree overlooking the water’s edge while dangling her toes in the cool refreshing lake. The ripples circled out into the surrounding area until waves broke them apart. Her reflection started back with at her with a smirk on her face.

“Hokkaido, Kiyomi?” a male voice from behind spoke making her jump and splash away her reflection.

I should be more aware of my surroundings then letting people walk up on me… she thought to herself aggravated at her own stupidity, turning around to see one of the boys she knew from school standing a few feet away with a dopy grin on his face. “That is what people call me” she responded a bit rudely. This was her spot the one place she could come and relax to get away from all the studying and training and most of all her family.

Edited by anomie

Main/Favored Weapon:

• Tri-Staff- when screwed together it is a 6' long by 1"&1/4" inches in diameter. The staff unscrews apart into 3x 24" sections connect by 1" lengths of steal chain. It is made of aluminum and weighs 4 lbs.

tristaff.jpg

Very cool. I like it. ^_^

Side Arms:

• 2 Fuuma Shuriken

• 8 Kunai’s

• 3 oz Small tube of Ointment

• 50 feet of Wire

• 4 Exploding tags

• Small case holding

o 3 light bombs

o 2 boom bombs

• Small case holding

o 3 food pill

o 3 water pill

o 1 soldier pill

o 1 blood pill

Looks fine to me... 'Cept I'm not sure about the bomb rulings for Genin. Otherwise good.

Element: Suiton (Water)

Fighting style: Genjutsu and ninjutsu

Physical Strengths:

• (Great) Speed

• (Good) Flexible

• (Very Good) Chakra control

Mental Strengths:

• (Very Good) Intelligent

• (Great) At Strategist Sorry if this seems like nitpicking, but could you give me an idea of what you mean by this?

• (Good) Hides emotions well

Physical Weaknesses:

• (Very Bad) Strength

• (Horrible) Stamina

• (Bad) Becomes cold quickly needs to stay in warm climates or else she becomes very ill and immobile this begins at anything under 45 degrees F/ 7 C.

Mental Weaknesses:

• (Very Bad) Pain tolerance

• (Horrible) Stubborn

• (Bad) Phobia of lightning (starts shaking uncontrollably and blocks out all that is around her) Is this natural lightning only, or both natural and Raiton-induced lightning? Would the sound of thunder induce the same effect, or just the visual lightning?

Overall on the topic of S/W's... From Genin+ I thought you were supposed to have at least four. If the RP moderators don't mind I'm not gonna push it, just pointing it out for you. ^_^ They seem fairly well balanced to me. Just need a little clarification.

Jutsus:

• Bunshin no Jutsu (Clone Technique)

• Henge no Jutsu (Transformation Tech)

• Kawarimi no Jutsu (Body switch tech)

• Ikimonou Benkou ( Animal Speech ) [pygmy marmosets]

• Kasumi Jusha

You'd have more jutsu than this, unless you're planning customs for later. ^_^

Comments in le'green. ^_^ Overall, I really like it. *Thumbs up.*

Well here's the basic rundown with what you had atm, I'm leaving the side arms for the moment since Im not entirely sure on what the general consensus will be on them.

Appearance:

I'd prefer there to be more detail to this now that you've made it to Genin.

Sign language

Which language?

S/Ws

[NOTE: Academy student can have a minimum of only 3 of each instead of 4.]

You arent an AS anymore sweetie <3

• (Horrible) Stubborn

In my honest opinion, that doesnt come anywhere near balancing a great strategist strength.

Jutsus:

Whilst not a requirement, it would probably be nicer to list the free slots you have available so people dont get confused...or something.

Overall she seems fine

I think you may have too many bombs, I think max is 3 for a genin

Background seems a little short for a Genin, but meh *shrugs*

Everything else has already been covered I think.

Oh, missed something

Only allowed 3 pills maximum, I don't think that changes ever

And yeah, S/W's suck...I'm glad I have mine permanently decided...I think >_>

I'm no expert at S/Ws

But I know temperature weaknesses are generally not a good idea, I tried it at AS and its not only hard to play, but doesn't work out well. I think you may need to come up with something else

Other than that I can't see an issue

Normally i would've agreed with that Oir, but seeing how the temperature thing balances flexibility and there aren't really other iffy physical weaknesses in there i think it's acceptable.

stamp-1.jpg

Reminders

========

@ Please read or re-read the Text-Based RPG Rules before RPing

@ Please post in the your village's registry

@ Remember to RP your character’s personality, weapons quantity, strengths and weaknesses accordingly

@ If you have any more questions please inquire in the RPG Suggestions/Questions Section or PM an ANBU Helper/RP mod

@ Have fun!

I'm sorry Garzett been super busy. Plus I'm slow. Trying to read everything I can so I updated Kiyomi correctly I used to have help. Sorry for taking so long thanks for being patient. ^^

It's no trouble at all, didn't mean to rush you. ^^;;

Just saw you online earlier, was meant to be more of a reminder than anything else?

Take as much time as you need. Sorry for any trouble. <3

No trouble. Its just hard to fix when I am confused so easily lulz. I am trying to make Kiyomi into a med-nin-vet. If that makes sense. It has been two years since I last played so I'm rusty and am trying to read as much as I can to play catch up. Thank you for your patients!

Are you still updating this?

Wasn't sure if you were ready or not yet.

Yes i am. Ive been extreamly busy at work but it will be done! Thanks for checking in :)

The only thing that needs updating is the traits system. Drop me a pm or a post on my contact thread should you need help or have any questions. Always here to help get things passed quickly when I can.

Tried to message you O.o didn't work. I am trying to update Kiyomi obviously with not much luck. I really want her to be a med-nin vet for Shiobni pets but am unsure of how to go about this task when creating Kiyomi. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

I really want her to be a med-nin vet for Shiobni pets but am unsure of how to go about this task when creating Kiyomi.

Hmmms. Well, you wont be able to be an official Med-Nin until Chuunin at the earliest, this I can say for sure. Have you checked out the requirements for Med Nin? They are located... HERE! If your looking to become a Med-nin, my advice to you is to get as much early hands on medical experience as possible. I would start with a basic first aid kit, and maybe even a trait on animal anatomy knowledge. Both of those would be great starting points till you have ranked up again. Nothing says you can't be a normal civilian Vet. It's just the ones who use Chakra to heal that need to be Chuunin+. -nodsnods-

As for the Vet.... yay! Another Vet :D

My RPC Amelia would be very interested in RP'ing with Kiyomi if your willing in the future. She works exclusivly with Pets and Animal like puppets. If you need IC inspiration to help put you on the right path, I wouldn't object to throw her in one of your threads sometime ^^

At anyrate, I hope that helps some :3

Thank you so much! Its all very helpful. Im still revising and will take all the advice i can get!

Animal Connection- Has a strong connection to animals can understand and communicate with most species. Understands animal anatomy and can perform veteran works but not qualified for Shinobi work yet with animals. Spends most of her time in the forest around animals and prefers their company.

Whoa there miss xD

This is a bit much of muchness. Understanding and communicating with animals is what the animal speech jutsu is for -nods- Understanding/communicating with them all is something to invest with a slot and not so much a specialization. I would say prolly a special ability would be great for that. (Though if this was something you where say overspecializing in, I wouldn't mind)

I would suggest just listing Anatomy as a trait by itself, perhaps something like this:

Animal Connection- Loves animals and understands a great deal of animal anatomy. Even though shes not qualified for shinobi work, she can perform most civilian grade veterinarian procedures.

Something like that would be perfectly acceptable -nods-

-------------------------------

Anywho, can you label your detriments for me? You seem to have grouped them all in one giant lump. There are two types of downsides that branch out to two different degrees. Shortcomings balance Specialties, and Weaknesses balance Strengths. I know its a bit confusing with all the new rules though, so no biggie. Just be sure to take a look at this guide here. (Click me :D) It's got everything explained. Take a look at the area labeled 'Conditional Weaknesses' as well. I hope this helps :3

Strength – She is very feeble and tends to use her intelligence to not have to use her physical strength. Cannot do much in hand to hand combat and tends to run from any physical fight. She depends on her ability to move swiftly and think to counter balance her lack of strength. She's able to lift up to 50 lbs anything after gets harder and requires a lot of patients and time.

Cold – Descends into hypothermia quickly, needs to stay in warm climates or else she becomes very ill and immobile this begins at anything under 45 degrees F/ 7 C. She tries to stay away from cold areas only venturing in them for missions and helping animals. She can not stay longer than 3 days in a cold place (if dressed appropriately) or else she will be extremely sick and someone will have to physically take her somewhere warmer.

Alrighty then -nodsnods-

For your strength weakness, can you remove the bit about 50lbs? Your strength is going to vary depending on rank. Pretty much lifting anything with a strength strength is going to be difficult with a strength weakness.

For your cold weakness, it needs to be applicable in battle in someway to balance your main strengths. Do all or some of your stats go down for being in the cold? Are you unable to move well? The effect needs to happen rather quickly in cold rather, instead of taking 3 days. -nods- Weaknesses that are conditional, like this one, are generally banned and not allowed unless they are pretty severe.

And lastly....

Your going to need one of your shortcomings to be primary. Primary means a strength/weakness that effects your stats and is active all the time. For example, Chakra Control gives you a boost in concentration and chakra. To balance that out you need something similar like Stamina, Chakra pool, Agility, Speed, Strength, Ect. To balance that out.

-------------------

These three things are the last I see that I think needs to be fixed. -nodsnods-

Overall you did a good job, its just the trait section that needs tweaking. The rest of your profile is fine.

Edited by Enkou

And lastly....

Your going to need one of your shortcomings to be primary. Primary means a strength/weakness that effects your stats and is active all the time. For example, Chakra Control gives you a boost in concentration and chakra. To balance that out you need something similar like Stamina, Chakra pool, Agility, Speed, Strength, Ect. To balance that out.

Okay explain this part a bit to me I'm confuzled. Thanks!

I think I figured it out. Trying to find a good shortcoming.

Edited by anomie

Primary stats are stats that are 'Main' stats. Or rather, stats that heavily impact a character all the time, as well as have a heavy roll in a fight. Speed for instance, is used to measure how fast a character is. This would qualify as a primary stat. As would Chakra Control. Generally to balance against a primary stat, another primary stat is needed on the reverse side.

The most common Primary stats are:

Speed, Strength, Agility, Mental Reaction, Reflexes, Chakra Pool, Chakra Control, Stamina, Endurance, Pain Tolerance, Concentration. (I'm sure there are others, but I'm just listing the ones on top of my head)

Essentially though, to balance out, a weakness has to be equal to or greater then in potency as the strength its balancing. (Or Specialty/Shortcoming) If the strength/specialty is something that effects the RPC all the time (not just sometimes or when something specific happens), then the weakness/shortcoming needs to be similar.

Okay hopefully my skills and traits are balanced out better now. Please advise. Thank you!