6 replies to this topic

#1 Lav

Lav

Academy Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:30 PM

Long story short, Yas and Shika's online ragebars shit the bed, veteran players have moved to offline ragebars, new players left in the dust to fend for themselves.

What does TNR staff plan on doing to fix this problem? The game needs a fully fledged built in ragebar for the site. Just planning on having travel keybinds built in won't cut it (especially not impractical arrow keys when they should be WASD).

Discuss.

Edited by Lav, 16 June 2018 - 10:10 PM.

• Rakusai and Sorrow2 like this

#2 Khione

Khione

Potential Spambot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 01:58 AM

I agree with this idea. Having a built in ragebar or at least a passable semblance of one would eliminate the need for third party services in game. It would allow for newer players to at least have a chance at dodging long term players, and the increased functionality may just be the update TNR really needs.
  • SayszarTempest and Sorrow2 like this

#3 TM the Heretic

TM the Heretic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 06:38 AM

Perhaps this is a self plug, but I've brought back my old ragebar as a stopgap to help the newer players, and I'll be maintaining and updating it for the forseeable future. If you see any players in need of a ragebar, let them know it's now located at 
http://www.tmland.net/tools/tmbar/

Feedback is always welcome, negative or positive.

• Rakusai and Sorrow2 like this

Posted Image

But there is one they fear. In their tongue, he is Trollvahkiin -- 4chanborn!

#4 Naix

Naix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between heaven and hell

Posted 20 June 2018 - 01:32 AM

To be honest, for how long ragebars have been used, it doesn't make much sense that TNR hasn't implemented one of their own. I understand it is easier to have you players make tools for each other, but when you have a small playerbase like we do, catering to the basic needs would seem important.

The struggle was real for use once Yas and Shika's bars RIP'd. Until TM brought his back, it was either revert back to tab raiding or hoped you had downloaded it to you PC. This shouldn't be an issue.

• Sorrow2 likes this

#5 Prometheus

Prometheus

Potential Spambot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCaribbean

Posted 26 June 2018 - 03:41 AM

all hail TM

I rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

#6 TM the Heretic

TM the Heretic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 02:58 PM

To be fair, Ragebars were never the intended experience. They're more or less an exploit of the simple fact that a php browser game uses URLs to indicate to the server that a user has taken an action. However, once people started using them, they were always going to be a part of the picture. I only brought mine back to restore balance against those that either created their own and didn't share with the class, or had the fortune to download one of the previous ones before they went down.

Edit: Alba <3
I'll eventually restore it to its former glory.

Edited by TM the Heretic, 05 July 2018 - 10:15 PM.

Posted Image

But there is one they fear. In their tongue, he is Trollvahkiin -- 4chanborn!

#7 Albafica

Albafica

- The Batcat Admeanie -

• Administrator
  • 1590 posts
  • LocationKazama's HQ, swinging on Pan's right bicep

Posted 04 July 2018 - 11:27 PM

TM's ragebar was the best. By far my favorite on C2~

• TM the Heretic likes this

Aku. Soku. Zan.

- Alba saving the world -

Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit

- Masamune Hakuei -

(Day 758, still wishing Hawke was the main character of every.single.game. She just puts bad on assery.)

Banddragon, on 28 Mar 2017 - 5:10 PM, said:

snapback.png

Alba has no pic. Alba is sentient wind with long, perpetually flowing raven hair and an icy, unamused glare.

tumblr_mbdzixc4ho1qbbxa9o1_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users