#1 Cedzen

Cedzen

Jounin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1369 posts
  • LocationHorizon

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:12 AM

Alright, since the last thread went very well, we're going to take the time for a longer discussion, since an update is less imminent. The subject this time is missions and essentially how to reward activity instead of long-term grinding and the alarm-clock lifestyle. PLEASE keep the discussion focused - the subject is missions and only missions for now, other things will be discussed in their own threads eventually.

With that said, let's begin.

Right now we have 3 theoretical options (well, 4, but no one really wants the 4th option of things staying the same...I hope):

Option 1:

Spoiler

Option 2:

Spoiler

Option 3:

Spoiler

Let's get the ball rolling, peeps.

Edited by Cedzen, 08 July 2015 - 11:11 AM.

#2 Nori

Nori

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:09 AM

can you refresh our memory about C2 missions if forget how they even look like ^^

Edited by Baraka_Render, 08 July 2015 - 11:09 AM.

#3 Guest_Faithy_*

Guest_Faithy_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:17 AM

I like Option 1 the best... but I would prefer a shorter cooldown, possibly 30min

also increase all mission gains by like 200%

Edited by Faithy, 08 July 2015 - 11:19 AM.

#4 Cedzen

Cedzen

Jounin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1369 posts
  • LocationHorizon

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:18 AM

Early C2 had many small missions that could be completed one after the other with a 15-second timer in between. Option 3 wouldn't necessarily work identically, but fairly similar.

#5 Az.

Az.

Genin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationWherever the wind takes me

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:31 AM

The first option isnt bad. It would probably get the activity up; now you can do 8 in 24 hours, so you dont have to bother to be around, just log in every 3h to do it.

With tthe first option, total 8 can be done in 8h or 4h (depends on the cooldown) so players should rather get more active since it isnt that long to wait for the next mission. That would be a + for those who work/school etc.

The 2nd is like an event? Even tho it might be harder and would require ppl to think and all, like the events now, some ppl wait out for someone to do it and then ask them about it and finish it easily. And the con already mentioned, they wouldnt have a reason to log much on tnr with 1 mission a day.

The 3rd, it is more like just spamming the missions. Would probably get boring.

lCBQNOI.gif

#6 Guest_Faithy_*

Guest_Faithy_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:35 AM

Yeah option 2 would lead to people constantly asking in tavern for the answers! 

Option 3... grind. ;-;

#7 Cedzen

Cedzen

Jounin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1369 posts
  • LocationHorizon

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:38 AM

I'm just really frustrated by the fact that newer players who want to put more effort will still be forced to progress at the same rate as casuals who coast along doing the bare minimum

#8 LadrenGildaer

LadrenGildaer

Genin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:43 AM

Option 1 seems like the best in my opinion.

#9 Grandpappy Supes

Grandpappy Supes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:52 AM

Go with option 1, it would provide the best chance for new players to catch up, since option 3 would only let those that can get on a majority of the day to speed past all will ease. Even with Option 1 some players could still miss out on some missions so it can help new players catch up. Option 2 just seems like it would lower activity and if it is too hard could discourage new players from wanted to even try missions and play the game. So overall I'd say Option 1 is the best for everyone, and I'd go with a 30 minute cooldown, to help out those with work and schooling.

#10 Zaky Uchiha

Zaky Uchiha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:59 AM

I would say option 1 or 3.

Option 1 caters more to the casuals.

If 2 players started at the same time and trained at the same pace, they would kind of have similar stats. (If you use high rank jutsus on AI’s, you kind of waste pools). 

I would say 30 minutes cooldown would be reasonable. 

Option 3 caters to the more grindy and hardcore players, which will allow more diversity in stats, but some players might consider unfair?

Depends on the decay and if you would eventually hit 0 or very low stat gains. The hardcore players could grind until they would reach a "wall" and the hardcore players would get the same stat gains, but still be above the casuals. Imo, grinding is boring.

I think someone made a suggestion thread and a chart about that, long time ago.

Today, an outcast... Tomorrow, a hero~

#11 Az.

Az.

Genin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationWherever the wind takes me

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:08 PM

For me neither of these options would really help newer players much.

The option 1 is more like a constant than catching up, since almost everyone would be able to do 8. The only way to catch up would be when ppl cap.

Btw, the option one is a daily mission? So it would be like EM, after you do the 8th mission you can do them after 24h?

or it would be daily based calculating the game time?

Well, in a way they would progress the same; but also it should give less reason to quit the game for some. Till now the "activity" required  you to be 24h on the game so you dont miss any missions and advance faster.

Even so, those who want to advance faster could raid for pvp to increase their regen. Tho they would die more probably.

lCBQNOI.gif

#12 Cedzen

Cedzen

Jounin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1369 posts
  • LocationHorizon

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:12 PM

Keep in mind that you're all free to suggest tweaks or alternatives. This is just what I had in mind but lord knows I haven't thought of everything. Keep it reasonable though.

#13 Zaky Uchiha

Zaky Uchiha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:34 PM

How about option 1 (Limit 8 missions a day, 30 minutes cooldown). After the 8th mission, the mission place could say something like “Come back in 3 hours and I might have a special mission/quest for you” or go somewhere to activate a special quest/mission. After the 3 hours has passed, you would unlock a 9th mission/quest (Could be similar to an EM or just a regular mission).

This would still cater to the casuals, but also cater to those who wants to dedicate themselves a bit more.

Today, an outcast... Tomorrow, a hero~

#14 AzraelsGrace

AzraelsGrace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:43 PM

I would go with option 1. Szilu has suggested it time and time again for good reason. Its the best option. Plus 8 a day alarm style is HARMFUL to your physical RL health.

"I'm just really frustrated by the fact that newer players who want to put more effort will still be forced to progress at the same rate as casuals who coast along doing the bare minimum"

You can do things like add extra daily missions in the log in streak bonus, Give new players x1.5 or x2 missions that are in 21 day protection. Plenty of things can be done with this module. But the ability to award extra missions makes this the best choice

Make a daily quest for genin that upon completion awards more d-mission uses. (Would encourage more to hold genin longer to get better stats faster than chuunin)

Edited by AzraelsGrace, 08 July 2015 - 12:47 PM.

Another day in TNR lagland!

FkMUji0.png

#15 Shikayaru

Shikayaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 01:09 PM

I've already mentioned this to you in the tavern, but I'd like to see a combination of 2 and 3. 

If missions took a little bit longer to complete, like an average of 10-20 minutes, then not only would that get users active for a longer period of time while doing missions, but it would make botting/abusing option 3 a lot harder. Then add a 15 minute cooldown between missions and let users spam as many as they want with decreasing gains for each additional mission. 

If say the average mission time was 15 minutes adding a 15 minute cooldown, the maximum number of missions a person could do if they spent their whole day was 48. If say, the lowest amount you'd receive from a mission is 10 HP and 1 of each general, then even if half of those missions gave the minimum amount, you'd still get 240 HP and 24 of each gens in a day. This is low enough to cause already strong players to not care about spending their time doing these missions, but then if a try-hard new player wants to work their ass off, it'll start paying off. (Note: I understand that my numbers are not realistic, as even if a new player wanted to get 48 missions in during a day, they could not sustain that rate, just trying to give an example.)

I think that Option 1 is an accepted secondary solution. I like that it gives players the opportunity to keep up without killing themselves, but I also like to give people the opportunity to work hard to get ahead. Right now, those who want to set alarms can do that, but of course, that's not the healthy option, my above explained suggestion would help get the best of both sides.

Edited by Shikayaru, 08 July 2015 - 01:11 PM.

#16 Zanto

Zanto

Potential Spambot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:15 PM

I would highly recommend Option 1. However, instead of 8 missions, how about 10? I say 10 just to have a rounded number. Could I also suggest using the Login Streak in creating windows of opportunity?

Edited by Zanto, 08 July 2015 - 02:15 PM.

#17 Hyuugakro

Hyuugakro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:37 PM

Option 2 and option 3 arent good for people who play tnr on mobile. So option 1 is best idea so far.

#18 Dami

Dami

Potential Spambot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:07 PM

I would hate option 3 just for the fact that ubers can just sit on your village and murder you when you return from a mission over and over again.

Edited by Dami, 08 July 2015 - 03:07 PM.

• ThunderCat likes this

#19 Shikayaru

Shikayaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:13 PM

Technically pvp isn't good for people on mobile either. Still, I think the goal should be to help increase overall activity. If there's a wider window in which to do your missions, it'll make a lot less people have to play TNR on mobile. Also, you could do what Azrael does and use Yaseen's Ironfist menu with your mobile turned to landscape, you could use my NinjaBoy toolbar for mobile, and I'm trying to work on updating that and also working on a landscape mobile toolbar as a wider screen space is necessary for pvp. 

And Dami, use a ragebar and that won't be an issue unless the mission requires you to stay in a village to complete it. My ragebar has an option to accept your mission, so you don't even have to click the button. 

#20 Nexilus

Nexilus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:25 PM

I'm against option 3 just cause like people have mentioned before it caters to those that can sit and okay the game for the entire day.

Option 1 seems the best. You can do it whenever you want and can pump out all 8 of them without the annoying alarms. Granted I do like a longer cooldown like an hour but the 30 minute cool down is fine with me as well. I think 8 is fine and should be the limit.

pusheen+17.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users