• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shikayaru

Shikayaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:57 PM

I just want to throw this out there for Wolfy or Aeterno, but there's a problem with the background image for the forum. Idk if you have a lot of freedom with the css or if you are only able to make some changes from an admin panel, but there should be a way to fix this either way.

The image should be set to "position: fixed" and "top: 0" and I'm not 100% sure how it is on the main site, but probably also should have "left: 0" and "right: 0". Right now, the background image is just repeating vertically  which looks stupid.

#2 Aeterno

Aeterno

Hermit Ninja Code Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3800 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:21 PM

That image isn't really suited as a background, while I can change it in that manner it won't really make it all that much better, regrettably.

If I make it no-repeat it'll just mysteriously cut off without really bothering.

There is a technique where you shove it into a div and make the div flow along as you scroll, which is about the only reasonable way to do this.
But even that doesn't solve the issues with the horizontal width of the image.

---

EDIT: Still the best bloody way I have though, should have thought of that sooner.
I'll get the background-attachment: fixed thing in soon-ish. 

That's the best I can do with this source material though.

#3 Shikayaru

Shikayaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:14 AM

Yea, I think you've got it right now. That's how it's set to on the main site as well. Like you said, the attachment is still messed up. I hate making backgrounds like this on websites so I never remember the CSS off the top of my head, but it might attach it to the center if you use "left: 0; right: 0". If that doesn't work, then I guess you'll have to google it. 

Anyway, thanks, this looks much better now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users