23 replies to this topic

#1 Oirarana

Oirarana

Loremaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

Alrighty, if you have an RPC from our beloved village of steam, Sato, I need your opinion!

We are currently in a good position to change the village into a different form (which is part of the point of this event), and the current stage of the event gives me an opportunity to do something that would make the village very different.

With the incoming tidal waves, we have the possibility of turning Satogakure into Namigakure (or Umigakure I suppose). By that I mean, with a jutsu that my RPC, the Ooikage, knows, and a little staff approved hax, we can become a village underwater, protected by a powerful chakra dome.

But I don't want to force this on people without knowing how the population of Sato feels about becoming the Village Hidden in the Waves (or Sea)
  • Michaelmic likes this

Sumiyori Hikaru || Dao Ryou || Sumiyori Hideyoshi || The Sumiyori Clan || Extras || WIP

Posted Image

I had fun once, it was awful

#2 Shitori Shizuka

Shitori Shizuka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

I am not sure if it is alright for me to post my opinion since I am new here and all.

However, I find the idea of changing the geography to be a plausible idea or that what my Malkavian insight says.

Vote: Yes.

[thread=62669]Higanbana[/thread]
[thread=60871]Cherry blossoms' winter[/thread]

#3 Magicite

Magicite

Old Fossil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

Sounds like a fun idea but doesn't it leave the village open to serious future threat? We might be harder to get being under the sea but what if someone breaks that dome? Then we'll be a Village Hidden in the Downing Sea. Regardless, I find the idea interesting so my vote is yes.

#4 Oirarana

Oirarana

Loremaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

Hikaru's not silly. It'd have multiple redundancies, and a whole slew of precautions once fully operational

Sumiyori Hikaru || Dao Ryou || Sumiyori Hideyoshi || The Sumiyori Clan || Extras || WIP

Posted Image

#5 wakizashi

wakizashi

Genin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:44 AM

Finally! we get an actual "hidden" village. We'd still have to work out a few kinks such as how people can get into the village and re-writing/amending the village report but otherwise the idea sounds nice to me.

For what its worth, you have my approval.

#6 Random

Random

Old Fossil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:58 AM

Think of the trade!

Won't somebody think of the trade? T.T

/Idon'treallycareaslongaspeoplecangetthefoodtheyneed

Posted Image

[Thread=56971]Jane and July[/thread] | Alexis Kimera
Genin: 91 (116) | Jounin posts: 180 (349)
Web Clan: Centre Thread

If anyone has need of me, feel free to send a PM. If you do not let me know of the issues, there is nothing I can do about them.

#7 wakizashi

wakizashi

Genin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:03 AM

Raised the issue of transportation in my previous post.

But I'm thinking steam-powered or chakra-driven underwater shuttles would be cool. XD

#8 Oirarana

Oirarana

Loremaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:07 AM

A nearby port town that's connected to the village via a tunnel system maybe

And tunnels would also be the thing most likely to be used for entrance/exit. We could found a small town a bit away from the village proper, which is where trading could be done, and clients for missions received

Posted Image

#9 Dare

Dare

Old Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:11 AM

I vote yes, provided we will still be able to get back to the surface XD being a spider in a chakra dome would not be very fun.

[thread=59113]Anowi, Ken[/thread] Poe
Posted Image
Dare's Domain

#10 wakizashi

wakizashi

Genin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:14 AM

Underwater tunnels sound really easy to sabotage. >.>

#11 Oirarana

Oirarana

Loremaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:25 AM

Are we ninja or not? We can work around such problems by being awesome D:<

Posted Image

#12 Random

Random

Old Fossil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:28 AM

I forgot my awesome today, can I borrow someone else's? :<

Posted Image

[Thread=56971]Jane and July[/thread] | Alexis Kimera
Genin: 91 (116) | Jounin posts: 180 (349)
Web Clan: Centre Thread

If anyone has need of me, feel free to send a PM. If you do not let me know of the issues, there is nothing I can do about them.

#13 wakizashi

wakizashi

Genin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:31 AM

Just saying.

If a war ever breaks out or an "adequately planned secret attack" is carried out on each tunnel to cut us off from the outside world, what happens then?

Edited by wakizashi, 09 March 2013 - 01:34 AM.

#14 Oirarana

Oirarana

Loremaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:34 AM

The shield can be stepped through if allowed by the user of it, so we could have specially made objects that count as 'passes' through the shield. Maybe watertight 'escape pod' type things could be launched. Heck, we already have buildings that can sink into the ground, why not make them bigger and have it possible for them to be extended above the waves in an emergency.

Creativity is key!

Posted Image

#15 Enkou

Enkou

Error

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

Amelia approves of this!

So yeah, a yes form me. ^^

#16 Oirarana

Oirarana

Loremaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:45 AM

I'll wait a day or two to see if there's any problems with becoming Nami instead of Sato ^^

Posted Image

#17 Magicite

Magicite

Old Fossil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:14 AM

I believe at one point in Naruto, some where able to use flying contraptions powered by chakra. It reminds me of Fairy Tail where they have contraptions run by magic by putting a band on ones wrist that you feed your chakra through to power it. Shuttles to and from the village with something similar isn't to far fetched. In fact in most books I can remember and some google searches showed underground cities naturally develop "tech" more advanced than the rest of the world out of necessity in order to survive.

Also much like shown in the anime there are shinboi whose daily jobs are to provide power to barriers around the village. In the anime it was to let them know when people entered from above(Why pain only sent the summoner in first so she could summon the rest of them in through the barrier. It would stand to reason that the Kage would assign something similar to keep up and maintain the strength of the shield keeping water and intruders at bay.

The more I think about it, the more this idea seem doable in the naurtoverse.

#18 Oirarana

Oirarana

Loremaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:05 AM

This idea would be using staff hax and having an array of fuuinjutsu draw on nature chakra to power the shield

Posted Image

#19 Kennyrules

Kennyrules

Old Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

[img]https://static.prtst.net/asset-proxy/aaa00bc960928e4baaeddeeed1710d1f9a78a065/687474703a2f2f693331352e70686f746f6275636b65742e636f6d2f616c62756d732f6c6c3434312f726f626f746c6c616d612f536372756666795365636f6e642e6a7067/http://i315.photobucket.com/albums/ll441/robotllama/ScruffySecond.jpg[/img]

#20 Blazestorm

Blazestorm

Returned from the Ashes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

Meh sure. I see discussions that we need to have though. *nods*

Posted Image
[thread="18084"]Blaze's Stuff[/thread]
Quote Box
Taiyoukage